Any GOOD home tuition agency to recommend? or Tutors?

121tuition

Hi
You can call me at 9773 0543 to discuss on this , We are in this business for more than 15 yrs and has helped many student to improve their grade and ultimately the dream school .

Lawrence
121 tuition agency

121tuition

Hi
we would need to assess your child before we can decide if tuition is good for the student. If you can call me at 97730543 ... and we are in this business for more than than a decade.

Lawrence
EC
121 tuitionagency

AliceSoo

Mummies. My child is having tuition from this tutor, that helped my neighbour's child for PSLE. He was a borderline at Eng, he pushed it to an A. To me, he is good. If you need help, you can contact him, Eugene 9091 7296. Say you are my friend, as he might give you a cut off the fees. Good luck.

Dear Parents,

I am a teacher who just left service last year in order to spend more time with my little one. As I love teaching and enjoy working with children very much, I would like to continue teaching and am holding group tuition classes in my own home. My knowledge of the primary school English syllabus is very current and I am familiar with the new English PSLE format that is implemented this year.

With 5 years of teaching experience in one of west side's top primary school, I have taught in mixed-ability and high-ability classrooms. From the results of my pupils, I have reason to believe that every child is capable of using strategies taught to find the knowledge, keep the knowledge and constantly improve from where they are. As a parent myself, I would want my child to be a life long learner with a hunger to learn and I would wish for the children in my classes to be so too. I am extremely patient and this contributes to learning taking place in a non-intimidating environment. In addition, the fact that I pay attention to ensure fun moments during lesson time enables my children in class to often become more motivated and inculcate a positive attitude towards learning.

Let me know if you would need help for your children in English at the primary level. I am currently conducting classes in the Clementi central area for the following:
- P3 group tuition (2 to 4 children in a class)
- P4 group tuition (2 to 4 children in a class)
- P5 group tuition (2 to 4 children in a class)
- Mixed group tuition: siblings/ cousins in different levels

If you wish to discuss any concerns about your child's learning progress with me or to find out more before deciding if you would like me to help your child, do drop me a message/call 8311 6157 or email me at hello.finderskeepers@gmail.com. Thank you!

CA1 is round the corner! Here is a breakdown of the new PSLE format for English. Parents, especially those with children in P5 and P6, do take note of the changes! :)

PSLE 2015 English Components
Paper 1
Situational Writing (15 marks)

• Formal or informal style in the forms of letter or email

Composition Writing – (40 marks) (New Format!)

• Only 1 Question
  • A theme and 3 isolated pictures related to the topic will be given
  • Pupils must write according to the theme and use at least 1 picture
  • This encourages openness and creativity in interpretation of the topic

Paper 2
Booklet A (28 marks)

• MCQ
  • Grammar, Vocabulary & Vocabulary Cloze
  • Visual Text Comprehension (New!)

• => Double-page spread of a visual text (graphic stimulus)
  • => 8 questions

Booklet B (67 marks)

• Open-ended
  • Grammar Cloze, Editing, Comprehension Cloze, Sentence synthesis and transformation
  • Open-ended Comprehension (New Format!)
  • =>Presentation of questions in traditional and table form

• =>Tests skills such as sequencing & true/false justification

Paper 3
Listening Comprehension (20 marks)

Paper 4
Oral (30 marks)

• Reading Aloud (10 marks)
  • Stimulus Based Question (20 marks) (New!)

• =>Main topic will be discussed based on visual stimulus:
Directly-linked to the topic
E.g. Look at the picture, which of these animals will you adopt?
Broadly-linked to the topic.
E.g. How can you advise your friends to be responsible pet owners?

• =?Stimulus may be any visual stimulus e.g. brochure, advertisement, poster etc.

By the way, the school practice papers for P6 2014 is of a different format from what the P6 pupils is taking in PSLE this year. Parents may want to purchase P5 2014 papers instead for your P6 children to practise and supplement the weaker areas as required.

AceTutors

acetutor-logo.png

The root of education stems from the learnings shared between teachers and student, however, what truly matters most would be the lasting and effective relationship between them. At Ace Tutors, we not only provide experienced tutors at competitive rates, we also strive to create win-win situations for both tutor and student through our hassle-free matching system. Enjoy our free matching services with your desired tutors and embark on an educational journey of proven results with us today. Check out our tutors who are rated good or excellent by us – Good Tutors as well as find out what parents are saying about us. Head on to www.acetutors.com.sg or call 6100-2237 to find out more!

Tuitionbean logo.jpg

Looking for 1 to 1 Home Tuition for your child? TuitionBean is Singapore's leading tuition agency that provides a comprehensive solutions for your home tutor needs. It provides proficient and effective tutors that are highly specialized in their subject matter. Students do not have to pay a single cent to procure TuitionBean's services as the commission is charged to the TUTOR. Parents will only decide and pay after the first lesson when you are fully satisfied with the tutor you have chosen! Satisfaction guaranteed!
Submit a request at http://www.tuitionbean.com right now!

The Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) has released the PSLE schedule for 2015.

For English, the examination dates are as follows, mark the dates in your calendar:
English Oral
Thursday, 20 August
& Friday, 21 August
Listening Comprehension
Friday, 18 September
Paper 1 (Compo) & Paper 2
Thursday, 01 October

Refer to the link to print out a copy of the schedule or visit SEAB's website to find out more about subject syllabus outline!
https://www.seab.gov.sg/…/examTim…/2015PSLEExamTimetable.pdf
https://www.seab.gov.sg/…/nationalExamina…/PSLE/syllabus.asp

AceTutors

acetutor-logo.png

The root of education stems from the learnings shared between teachers and student, however, what truly matters most would be the lasting and effective relationship between them. At Ace Tutors, we not only provide experienced tutors at competitive rates, we also strive to create win-win situations for both tutor and student through our hassle-free matching system. Enjoy our free matching services with your desired tutors and embark on an educational journey of proven results with us today. Check out our tutors who are rated good or excellent by us –
Good Tutors as well as find out what parents are saying about us. Head on to www.acetutors.com.sg or call 6100-2237 to find out more!

KsqMathelogy

vap_1171117389.jpg

We are highly qualified ex-MOE teachers specialized in the Primary Math syllabus and are dedicated to help your child improve in the subject.

With small group learning of only FOUR students, your child's doubts will be instantly rectified.

Furthermore, with engaging activities, your child will not be bored attending tuition classes again.

To supplement the assessment book that we have specifically chosen, we provide our in-house worksheets and challenging practices, so that your child will be given the adequate support for Mathematics.

There is NO registration fee and ALL resources are provided free-of-charge. On top of that, we understand that your child may require assistance in their school work, so from 2 to 4 p.m. on every weekend, our teachers will be present to guide your child in their work.

We value regular communication with parents to support your child further. Therefore, a feedback report is given to each child after every topic taught.

In order to monitor your child's learning progress, we also have termly assessments for us to focus on their weak areas and do the necessary rectification before the school's tests.

Call us now at 96230972 / 91375182 or visit our website at www.ksqmathelogy.com for more details!

Last edited:
Dear parents, we provide experienced tutors for 1 to 1 home tutoring for all subjects from primary to JC/IB level. We are one of Singapore's most established tuition agencies with over 4,500 tutors located island wide. Visit us at nanyangacademics.com or call 9877 2966. banner1.jpg

MomKiasu

Hi, I wish to help you as I am a full time tutor myself. However, as most of my students are following me through this academic year, i am unable to take in anymore students for this year. Below are some of the tuition agencies that I used to take students from, (not sure if they are still in operation) but you may wish to check them out and do a comparison on your own.

ChampionTutor - Very fast and efficient. However their coordinators are not based in office and mainly working from home.

Tel: 91220236

MyTuitionClub - Operates as a home tuition agency & learning centre. I used to relief teach at one of their tuition centres years ago. They are stringent with their tutors and take actions against problematic tutors. Tuition rates are relatively lower compared to other agencies.

Tel: 67864588

Nanyang Tuition - Most of the students that i took from them, are foreign students preparing for entry examination AEIS etc etc so i think they are an agency that caters mainly to foreigners and expats. Rates are very good, writing from a tutor's point of view.
Tel: 6787 9759

Hope the above helps!

Epigami

Hi Mummies!

Just want to leave a little word here about Epigami.sg, we've got 5 star review on google, and most of our users, whether parents, students or tutors are really happy with us!

If you're looking for a tutor, we would be glad to help, and we'll give $20 off the first month of tuition if you use EPIMUMM3W when you make a booking (only available till the 01/09/2015).

Best of luck for your kids for their exams!

Cheers,

Epigami

bh881234

Hi
I am a tuition coordinator.
We have over 10,000 qualified and experienced tutors (even ex teachers) - for all subjects and levels.
We can match one just for you based on your requirements.

All these at NO additional cost to you.
Please let me know if you are interested and we can discuss further.
Also if you have friends who are looking for tutors, please help to refer and you can get a referral fee :)

Thank you.

faith

Hi,

I'm looking for a good & patient Maths tutor to teach my girl currently at K2 level in Toa Payoh area. Prefer recommendation through word of mouth. Thanks!

NgKH

Hi JossCruz, can you pls let me have the contact of the tuition teacher that you have? I am looking for a good tuition teacher for my son who is now in Sec 2. thanks
What subject tutor are you looking for? my nephew was taught by a tutor in Chinese N level. He went from 20/100 to 55/100 in 3 months time. I understand she taught from primary to JC Higher chinese. You may contact her at 86867079. Zhang