Any good Maid Agencies to recommend/ Any good Indonesian Maid for transfer?

cheahling

My agent is $0 agency fee,service is good,will try n meet your requirement or give advise.There are some bios that need to pay agency fee due to high cost from certain suppliers.So far I got 3 maids from them already.
Hi, can i have your agency contact number. I want to employe a maid to take care of my 2 kids who are 4 yrs and 2 yrs. Try to look for those got experienced and reliable. Please recommend. Thanks.

hpc

Hi my maid agent is at Bedok Central,recently due to short of manpower,boss too busy to pick up calls,sorry about that.I know some mummies who got the contact number but no one pick up,I've just call her n she is at the office.Her office is close on Sundays n PH.PM me if u need contact,tks...:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_wub:

sleepwalker

hi sharonsi,

I hv called up bluesky, and Tammy the agent sent me some biodatas. So far, any complaints abt the maid u got from them? Is bluesky a gd and reliable agency? Tks

I have just got a maid from an agency named Bluesky employment agency, and they have recommended a very good maid to me. They provide home visit to understand my needs.

You can call them at 8127-8881 or 6498-2898 if you are want to know more details.

Hope the information helps.

pipilili

Can anyone tell me what is the mkt rate for Indon maid now??

I was told that we can no longer get Indon maid at $380+, all Indon maids starting salary is at SGD 400 -420 cheapest. Just wanted to chk if it is true??

Anyone out there work for maid agency or recently hired a maid can tell me?

ping26

well, here're my findings :

unfortunately, my new maid from Presslink is super sotong. have to let her go.
I started looking for transfer 2 days ago.

my requirement - Indo or Filipino transfer (1 off day per month for now)
called these agencies in Jun2011

A1 Employment Agency Pte Ltd - all trfs maids want $500 & above, even if they hv worked for a few mth in SG.
Jobuzz - agent fees (Trfs) $700 - exSG 450-550 (2-4 off days)
FMP Manpower Consultant - all SG maids want 4 sundays off
Dan - SG maids want all sundays off too (expat mkt)
personel121 - all sundays off too (expat mkt)
1 Astar Employment Agency - 1 quote $480, ex SG(2yr) & 2 off-day.
Presslink - fresh $400 Indo, ex Msia
Thumbs Up Employment Pte Ltd zero agent fees! and maid loan can be paid in instalments!!not sure if good or bad.
JAVAMAID - agency fee $888, ex-SG $550! (w/o off day), $500 w 1 off-day

Pls share so it'll save us the hassle of having to hunt like crazy. There was one agency which quoted me $380 for Indo (fresh). can't recall. Now I'm only looking at transfer maids. Pay for Filipino (fresh) is definitely below $400.

Last edited:

pipilili

thanks cheahling, i think the prices of maid has risen. I am private msg Katrina, who works in a maid agency...check with her if her price is reasonable or also increased.

mummyindian

Any good Maid Agencies/ Any good Indian Maid in bangalore??

Hi! I am hunting for a good maid agency to employ a full time LIVE-IN maid who also knows to cook in bangalore city, India.......
Pls tell me & get in touch with me.....at ms.indianpanju@gmail.com

Regards

sufeit0115

Re: Any good Maid Agencies/ Any good Indian Maid in bangalore??

I am getting a transfer indo maid (4 years ex SIN ex MY) coming next week at $450 with one off day

DIAN

well, here're my findings :

unfortunately, my new maid from Presslink is super sotong. have to let her go.
I started looking for transfer 2 days ago.

my requirement - Indo or Filipino transfer (1 off day per month for now)
called these agencies in Jun2011

A1 Employment Agency Pte Ltd - all trfs maids want $500 & above, even if they hv worked for a few mth in SG.
FMP Manpower Consultant - all SG maids want 4 sundays off
Dan - SG maids want all sundays off too (expat mkt)
personel121 - all sundays off too (expat mkt)
1 Astar Employment Agency - 1 quote $480, ex SG(2yr) & 2 off-day.
Presslink - fresh $400 Indo, ex Msia
Thumbs Up Employment Pte Ltd zero agent fees! and maid loan can be paid in instalments!!not sure if good or bad.

Pls share so it'll save us the hassle of having to hunt like crazy. There was one agency which quoted me $380 for Indo (fresh). can't recall. Now I'm only looking at transfer maids. Pay for Filipino (fresh) is definitely below $400.
Hi Ping,

Some agency with $0/- agent fees might have good maid also. You can have a try if you found suitable maid. All my 2 maids are from PRESSLINK also, 1st maid worked for 2 years & 2nd maid already 6 months so far so good. Sometimes employ maid is also by luck........

ping26

Hi Ping,

Some agency with $0/- agent fees might have good maid also. You can have a try if you found suitable maid. All my 2 maids are from PRESSLINK also, 1st maid worked for 2 years & 2nd maid already 6 months so far so good. Sometimes employ maid is also by luck........
I'm convinced it's the outcome that matters ie how the whole matter is resolved (how much money I lose & get back)

Moral of story : if the maid can't understand you properly over the phone, just scratch her name from the list no matter what the agent says. After all, we stand to lose $500 or more easily and suffer a whole of things.

thanks cheahling, i think the prices of maid has risen. I am private msg Katrina, who works in a maid agency...check with her if her price is reasonable or also increased.
Her agency price is not cheap. I think $400+ for a Filipino.

ping26

We went Bukit Timah Shopping Ctr for 2 days. There were at least 10 agents there but we didn't confirm any SG transfer maid as we needed to verify the employment history.

Avoid this agency on 1st floor, Gr**t.
We overheard the agent complaining loudly. We went in later. The agent asked for "volunteers" who can look after kids, all 7-8 maids did not respond. The lady got angry & started insulting them, 2 stood up reluctantly. We left quickly after giving her a frank answer. We also overheard her telling a customer to "drag" it until the maid finishes her loan. I don't think their maids are here to work. I imagine those who didn't stand up will get something from the agent.

There were many "ex-SG" maids who worked for less than 1 year in Singapore. The agents always have a nice story to tell. Trust only your instinct!

pipilili

ping26 - 400 is considered cheap now, considering the agency I go to is charging me 420 w/o exp and 450 and abv for some exp/or exp.

ping26

ping26 - 400 is considered cheap now, considering the agency I go to is charging me 420 w/o exp and 450 and abv for some exp/or exp.
Well, you may want to try her... So far, she's quite alright. Just hope I can get my money back.

If u want my sotong maid or more details, pls PM me. She's slow & only good for cleaning & cooking. She's also low-maintenance - eats little & is fine with leftover food. Quite rare these days. I wanted to buy her prata for brekkie after mkting. She wanted to go back & eat leftovers. If u can speak Malay, I think it shld be less painful. Pleasant in a way but really SLOW.

I'm very mean. No choice - hv to fight for consumer rights. I show face & tell off immediately if any agent tries to sell an expensive transfer who wants $500 with 4 off-days after working a few mth. I'm thinking of getting a fresh filipino cos I only need a maid for 2 more years. I can now COOK after teaching 2 sotong maids.

We like a maid from Javamaid but it's ridiculously ex. With every change of maid, it costs $500-$1000 (2 maid levies, pay, agent fees, forfeited insurance & possibly air ticket). We do not go for any agent that requires us to pay for food & lodging if maid is rejected. I'm not going to take any chances with these expensive agents. If u plan early, it's possible to get a maid at $400 - 420. But of course, be reasonable. Give more bonus to make up for it if she performs well.

Last edited:

angietansc

Hi... Can you share your maid agency contacts with mi... Been thru terrible encounters with maids... very very sian... Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

angietansc

My maid agency is ver good and responsible, and he ferries the maid everywhere, even to your house, to take test, etc. Very good to negotiate, and even after handing the maid to you, if your maid has problem adapting to life here, you can ask him to come back and counsel the maid. pm me if you're keen to have his contact.
Hi!!! Could your share your agent details with mi? Thanks in advance :)

ping26

We went to a few maid "hubs", namely Bukit Timah Shopping Ctr, Hougang Green and Katong Shopping Ctr over 2 weekends. we must have visited abt 50 agents.

We only looked for transfers as hubby wanted our 2-year-old to "interview" the maids. Anyone who has more than 2 employersin 6 months or unable to understand our questions, were excluded automatically. I will request for a printed copy of employment history from MOM; some agents will agree to give work permit number. Some agents consider a maid who's worked only 9mth as ex-SG so always check employment history.We prefer maids who have taken care of kids aged 0-3 yrs old. We also look them in the eye & ask abt transfer reason. Some agents & maids tell me different stories.

We settled for a nice Myanmar lady from My Maid Station. ex-SG (3yr+), Salary:$450 w/o off day. Loan amt: $2360 (less risk for us) Terms r quite reasonable but contract wasn't as clear-cut as Presslink's.

Getting an agency with fair terms is like getting insurance. If u get a sotong maid, u can "limit your losses'. Some agents require u to pay food & lodging for up to 30 days (like SLF Green $12x30= $360) as well as maid levy ($170 or $265).

If u r getting someone fresh, u may want to get agency bosses who visit the country personally. They do a basic screening for you. It's no guarantee like my sotong maid from Presslink. The boss agreed to refund the pro-rated maid loan. But I still haven't got my cheque back. {praying} Terms r fair to employers. Salary of maids r also on the low side. I overheard her "nagging/scolding" my sotong maid as they left. She doesn't seem abusive, which I like. Some agents r really horrible. UPDATE (16Jul) : I got refund of pro-rated maid loan exactly 2 wks after Presslink collected my sotong maid for transfer. We didn't get another replacement maid from Presslink cos she didn't have anyone with suitable biodata (ie English-speaking maids).

Perhaps if she had seen my talkative 2-yr-old, she would have known Sxx is unsuitable for us. I agree that my sotong maid has good working attitude - she's here to work although she's super slow.

Last edited:

ping26

An update to my transfer maid from My Maid Station -

Nationality : Christian burmese
qualification: worked in SG for 3 years (2 contracts - 1.5 yr each), Yangon graduate
salary : $450 with no off day

Sales pitch : she is really here to work. she got sent back because employer didn't want to renew her passport which was expiring. current employer wants to transfer her cos her prev maid is returning.

1st boss : (she worked 2 wks before her transfer) wrote a testimonial. We spoke to her boss & even visited her home. Her complaint was she can't cook & was very slow in everything.

PASS for playing for my 2 yr-old
F for everything else

* accident-prone, lacking common sense
* cooperative but unable to retain information
* very concerned abt health issues in general - has a bag of medication, likes wholemeal bread & brown rice
* a bit deaf or prone to daydreaming
* sincere but able to suppress info intentionally eg she forgets at least 1 item everyday when we bring baby & maid to my mother's place. She will cover up.

eg
- she had a bad fall at 1st employer's place w/n 2 wks (info was not conveyed to us),
- she managed to pull a rib muscle while putting my baby into the crib (3rd wk),
She still hasn't recovered after 3 wks. She misheard instructions & used the cream & salon pas plaster wrongly. Now she changed her story.
- she took 3 hours to clean 3 sets of windows on 1st weekend
- now, still hv to monitor closely cos she daydreams easily. i hv to ask her to use kitchen timer
- MIL complained abt her behv (ironed 5 pc of clothing in 2 hrs) - switched on/off iron repeatedly - to drink water, coffee break, look out of window
- very absentminded - last wkend - served dinner without rice, plates & cutlery. She sat down & started feeding my girl
- she uses washing machine without asking

GOOD POINTS - can eat leftover food (not that there is much cos we usu don't cook), can sit there & just talk to my girl (prob cos no need to think at all)

accident-prone behv - crosses carpark & road without looking, places knife at table edge (can hurt herself easily), many others.

1 more accident - she will be transferred or sent back home.

I conclude Indo & filipino helpers are much smarter and maybe, cooperative than Burmese. The pace of life in Myanmar is very much slower than Indonesia. Their multi-tasking skills r worse than the Indo. No more Burmese for me after this. No more maids after my baby reaches 4 yr old.

Last edited: