Any good playgroup (1 or 2 hours daily) in Bukit Batok/Hillview/J.Kechil/BukitGombak?

DVR

Hi mummies,

My son is now 15 months and am looking for a good playgroup to enroll him in, once he turns 18 months...I'd like him to play and enjoy being with other kids of his age, as thats not possible to teach at home....additionally, it would be good if he learns other things like singing, dancing, eating on his own, good habits, etc...

If anyone has good experience with any good playgroup here, please share....The ones I've known so far all accept only half day and full day childcare kind of arrangement, but I want to send him only for 1 or 2 hours as I have a live-in maid at home...May be, once he turns 2, I can send him to a half day nursery...

Awaiting your suggestions...Thanks in advance!!

shelle86

Re: Any good playgroup (1 or 2 hours daily) in Bukit Batok/Hillview/J.Kechil/BukitGom

Hi Dvr, I've just enrolled my son who is 19 mths in a playgroup at jurong east. It's called mmi ( modern
montessori international ) I feel that it's good and he can start socializing with other kids and also learn montessori activities and he will learn to eat on his own, sing etc. I also have a maid that's why I don't feel the need of putting him in a childcare yet. The only thing is it's parents accompanied class so u have to be there with him. Another school u can consider is whitelodge international. Whitelodge is located at railmall and they provide drop off services. May i
know which area do u stay? I stay in hillview.

DVR

Re: Any good playgroup (1 or 2 hours daily) in Bukit Batok/Hillview/J.Kechil/BukitGom

Hi shelle86,
I live at Bukit Batok East Ave 5 near the mosque there....Thanks for the suggestion. I considered MMI first but dropped it as it needs to b parent -accompanied and i'm a working mom! Hope there's some other good preschool around this area...How about Startots? BEK learning? Any feedback on these two? Thanks in advance! :)

Cheers!

DVR

Whitelodge is very expensive and i didnt like the place...took a tour and i observed that the teachers r not so enthusiastic and neither r the kids...they are left to play by themselves while the teachers are busy clicking photos(perhaps to show the parents). Not much interaction!

shelle86

Oh really? I was thinking of putting my son in whitelodge? I nv try startots and bek learners. Probably u can view the centre first and let me know? I'm staying at the condo beside the
mosque at bukit batok as well. We really stay nearby. Or u can leave ur maid with ur kid at
mmi for the parents accompanied class. Most of the ppl do that if u r working!

DVR

Wow! Nice :) perhaps, we can schedule a playdate for our kids and meet up. I prefer my maid to do all the cleaning while my son goes to the playschool :) Better use of time ...hehe...

byob