Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

Not yet :weno: he said that he would engage one from last year till now and still nothing. I saw someone writing about the aware.org where theres a hot line to call and enquire but the hotline is only opens at 3pm hence i have to see what they can do for me first probably you would want to call them too?
That's bad of ur husband. didn't take care of you and now want to fight for the baby. I guess his chance is pretty slim.
tks for the info. yah i saw it, i will call the helpline to understand more about this.

pewpew, according to my lawyer, care & ctrl will usually be given to the mummy but for custody, it's split; both has nth to do with earning power. judge will usually split the custody coz kids r innocent & seemed to be better for the kids. u can call Aware to book appt & they will advise u; pretty good for those who r confused. eh FYI, even if you have the custody, care & ctrl, hubby has the right to visit the kids. UNLESS he is willing to give up his parental rights. for my case, i have the sole custody as well as the care n ctrl. take care ya & jia you:)

lasery2k

Hi mummies,

Seeking help as i dont't know what to do and look out for in this state. Me and hub are filing for divorce to end this 3 years marriage and we have a 2.5 years old son. He say if i were to make things diffcult in the divorce, he will contest and make things messy for me also.

Would need advice on where can i find a cheap n good lawyer and also how much do i have to spend? what are the things i need to look out for when appear at court n infront of lawyer.​

we had sit dwn n talk about the maintenance, custody and assest division.

we had no house so no assets but i paid for all the furniture in the room at his parents place so i ask him to pay mi back all those things. i requested for my son custody n he say he will "sacrifice" n let mi have him. Maintenance we had also agreed upon.

But the way he put in-regards to son custody. he want mi to seek his approval if i were to make any decisions regarding the son which includes school, going overseas and stuffs.

The reason is because of unacceptabe behaviour of his to this family and me. and i also found out he's seeing another woman recently. i had a whatsapp msg on their conversation but no picture prove. Apparently both of them went to batam n i capture his passport with stamp on the custom chop. i also had a e-mail indication his booking of the trip for 2 pax n he forwarded it to her.

Ralia

Babes, actually there is something from the government that many sahm or low income mummies that cld make use of. I did my separation and div with them (Legal Aids) only spending around $300. Hope this info helps... =) Take gd care and stay strong!

lasery2k

ralia,

my income is not consider low, but i don't have saving coz all deplated by him in the marriage. Feeling very sad and down and also insecure. plus my kid need to go sch also n i also owe sch fees on my degree which i gave up because of him. so now is like a empty shell with a kid and due to income status i can't seek low income help.

Depressed mom

Lasery,

Im like u had ended my 3 yrs marriage wif 33mths child.

Mine is in process so dunno if the lawyer is gd or nt.

I rem i saw some mummies post in singaporemotherhood.com some contacts

Perhaps u can check it up.

edinahgoodwill

The divorce lawyers will be good and sincere if we are willing to hire them lor.

There are so many different lawyers offering divorce services. I think in the end, it comes down to how comfortable you are with the lawyer and if you can sense her sincerity.

Another way to gauge is to try out those divorce law firms that offer free consultation.

Why don't you try http://sgdivorcelawyer.com/, they provide free phone consultation for you to clarify some doubts and to see what are the possible options. The lady that I have spoken to is very patient and understanding.

Last edited:

dolphin38

Hi willows... May I know which lawyer firm u go to? I am looking for cheap n affordable one. I m going to be out if job stil looking for new job. Don't think I am able to afford too high lawyer fees. Is it true lawyer fees we must pay ourselves? Not the father paying? I want to get my husband to pay for it but I think he may say he had no money. Anyone of u know if got financial prob what can I do in order to stil divorce?

Dtbl

Found one that cost only $1,800 for uncontested divorce. Cheapest, I think.
My husband going to see him for our divorce.

Family Lawyer In Singapore: Good & Reliable Lawyer � Yeo & Associates
Hi, pardon me as hubby to post. I have contacted Yeo & Associates and sound have hidden cost. She mentioned SGD1800 is for only divorce without Housing and kids. Fair enough additional 200 each so total SGD2200. However, she also mentioned basis one time meeting and proceed straight filing. Altho is uncontested but drafted wordings sometime partner need to revise. And she quoted extra 300 per hour session. Hmmmm sounds alot of hidden cost. Any comments pls? Or anyone experienced?

Hi willows... May I know which lawyer firm u go to? I am looking for cheap n affordable one. I m going to be out if job stil looking for new job. Don't think I am able to afford too high lawyer fees. Is it true lawyer fees we must pay ourselves? Not the father paying? I want to get my husband to pay for it but I think he may say he had no money. Anyone of u know if got financial prob what can I do in order to stil divorce?
i went to Mr. Ong; i paid a total of 3.5k (excluding court documents' fees, stamp fees etc). erm y not try for legal aid if u can wait? i think some podders mentioned @ legal aid, whole procedure took 16mths? not necessary to pay all lawyer fees by yourself; you can choose to split cost (but need his consent). aha my x hubby also told me he no $ to pay so since i am the 1 'eager' (coz i wana applied house under 'divorcee' condition) wana get divorce, i incurred all cost lor=.=erm try borrow $$$ from your family members & paid them back in instalment? that's wad i did:) i paid 3k myself & the rest i approached my bro...good luck:)

Hi, pardon me as hubby to post. I have contacted Yeo & Associates and sound have hidden cost. She mentioned SGD1800 is for only divorce without Housing and kids. Fair enough additional 200 each so total SGD2200. However, she also mentioned basis one time meeting and proceed straight filing. Altho is uncontested but drafted wordings sometime partner need to revise. And she quoted extra 300 per hour session. Hmmmm sounds alot of hidden cost. Any comments pls? Or anyone experienced?
yesyes, they have hidden cost! i went there before but in the end didnt engage them. 1 of the lawyers told me that die die custody of the kid has to be split; only care & ctrl can be sole. 1.8k is w/o including those court fees, stamp fees etc...& it must be an uncontested divorce. if in between spouse wana turn the table around, good luck; gota pay more...not v worth i felt. & the lawyer who was talking to me wasnt that friendly; kinda like siding my x hubby. said cannot get sole custody, cannot change surname etc...