Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

dolphin38

i went to Mr. Ong; i paid a total of 3.5k (excluding court documents' fees, stamp fees etc). erm y not try for legal aid if you can wait? i think some podders mentioned @ legal aid, whole procedure took 16mths? not necessary to pay all lawyer fees by yourself; you can choose to split cost (but need his consent). aha my x hubby also told me he no $ to pay so since i am the 1 'eager' (coz i want to applied house under 'divorcee' condition) want to get divorce, i incurred all cost =.=erm try borrow $$$ from your family members & paid them back in instalment? that's what i did:) i paid 3k myself & the rest i approached my bro...good luck:)
............................................................................................................................................................................

hi tanks baby_sadako....wat is the name of the firm you go to?? your total of $3.5k is including getting the child and getting the hse??

............................................................................................................................................................................

hi tanks baby_sadako....wat is the name of the firm you go to?? your total of $3.5k is including getting the child and getting the hse??
i PM u his contact details:)

peaceatheart

I saw one of the earlier post recommending www.lawyerong.com. I require to vary the court order. The lawyer requires me to pay $6000 first before he starts the case !! It shocks me. It sounded that "take it or leave it". I also saw one of the earlier post recommending Yeo & Associates. The lawyer could yawn when you speak to her. So you decide for yourself if you such behaviour is acceptable. It is really hard to find a lawyer who are sincere and put one 's interest first. I eventually found one recommended by a friend. Caring and approaching. I thought she would tell me to pay a deposit after the 1st meeting, but she smiles kindly and say it 's ok until I meet her the next time.

I saw one of the earlier post recommending www.lawyerong.com. I require to vary the court order. The lawyer requires me to pay $6000 first before he starts the case !! It shocks me. It sounded that "take it or leave it". I also saw one of the earlier post recommending Yeo & Associates. The lawyer could yawn when you speak to her. So you decide for yourself if you such behaviour is acceptable. It is really hard to find a lawyer who are sincere and put one 's interest first. I eventually found one recommended by a friend. Caring and approaching. I thought she would tell me to pay a deposit after the 1st meeting, but she smiles kindly and say it 's ok until I meet her the next time.
I went to lawyer Ong;everything was fine & he was helpful...

peaceatheart

yesyes, they have hidden cost! i went there before but in the end didnt engage them. 1 of the lawyers told me that die die custody of the kid has to be split; only care & ctrl can be sole. 1.8k is w/o including those court fees, stamp fees etc...& it must be an uncontested divorce. if in between spouse wana turn the table around, good luck; gota pay more...not v worth i felt. & the lawyer who was talking to me wasnt that friendly; kinda like siding my x hubby. said cannot get sole custody, cannot change surname etc...
Yes, she is not sincere too. 15 minutes into talking to her, she started yawning. Really unprofessional.

mo2xs

Hi Willows,

Everyone has their own luck, you just need to fight for it.
never ever think that you dont have such a good luck like other.
if there is no other way to fight for the marriage, then we can only accept it, but with positive way

be strong yah....

sherilynjar

[FONT=&quot]Ms Gloria James-Civetta got education in the UK. With more than 16 years of experience handling divorce cases and family law proceedings, Ms James is highly skilled at ensuring everything is taken into consideration in a divorce. Call for a free consultation on 63370469[/FONT]

sherilynjar

Ms Gloria James-Civetta was educated in the UK. With more than 16 years of experience handling divorce cases and family law proceedings, Ms James is highly skilled at ensuring everything is taken into consideration in a divorce. Call for a free consultation on 63370469

rhosernc

Hi Everyone, Any good and reasonable price lawyer to recommend? My wife is unfaithful and this is the second time in 3 years of marriage. First one I even had to beg her to come back to me.. despite that I paid every single cent to raise 2 kids..the worse is I even adopted her previous relationship child. He doesn't know how to spell proper English even though he was 5 years old. I spent money on 1 to 1 tuition and also personally coach him after my work. Now he has improved and getting much better but still tough to teach because 5 years over at in laws, he pretty much just eat sleep play and attended PCF. Because my wife doesn't really care much about him. Just scold him. Seldom spend time with the kids. So we have a cute daughter and she also seldom spend time with her. After playing with her for awhile, my daughter will continue to stick to her for a while and throw tantrum so she cannot stand it. She will scold her..you very FAN leh..so noisey..and continue to use her facebook. Every time comes back home, she didn't greet my mother. or talk to the kids..she just do her own stuff, surf facebook, whatsapp. Now after she attended night class and got to know some guys and gals out there. She became worse. She stop communication with me totally. She doesn't sms or gives me a call during lunch where she used to do. She has changed. She even allow a guy classmate to accompany home after school and that guy who knows she is married with 2 kids and still dare to send her to my door step and greet my mother. Me and my mum was so angry. Totally no respect at all. Brainless. When I told her that she has changed, she will get so angry and scold me. This is the second time she turned unfaithful to me again. last year cny, she also suddenly stop communicating with me and became fed up if I talk to her or ask her if she is ok. So I have no choice but to check her mobile whatsapp and fb. I was very very sad and disappointed. She even text him I miss u too. Same here, the guy also knows she has 2 kids and a husband. He is only 20+ , a just graduated lawyer who only earns 5k a month. I earn more than him. I provided every shit for her and care for the kids..but this is what I have got. I am quite good looking but yet I lost my first time to her when I was 30 years old.. really I was stupid to rush into marriage because I thought 30 is quite old already if can't find anyone, I am finished..I made this mistake. I regret. So now second time, because of a new guy she knows, she stop communicating with me. I have decided to leave her and want to have full custody to my daughter. Whereby the son whom I adopted from her previous relationship I intend to return to my in law who has raised him since born till 5 years old. He only moved in with us after I got my new house. He stayed with us for 9-10 months already. And has improved a lot under my care. I really cannot let her get my daughter custody or her future is going to be finish. Her family background very bad.. my in law has 3 children and all are secondary school education only. One is only sec 2 and dropped out. The other only O levels and stopped studying. She has only N levels. she only earns $1600 a month and doesn't care about her kids..either come back late at night, or stay at home surfing the net, fackbook or whatsapp. I really had enough. I want to end this suffering. I am so stupid to have spent so much money on her, her boy and family... I paid everything... even the house she only contributes $5k of CPF because her pay is low..monthly she can only contribute $200+. She even speak lot of vulgarity on the phone. Really a very bad mother. Its time to leave her alone..she wants freedom..i will set her free once and for all. I only afraid that womans chartered law will side her. But my PI did told me that if we can provide evidence that she is not capable to raise them up , either low pay and not spending time with the kids, we have a chance to win the custody. Any guy or women here have friends like me, a good husband and able to win custody? please share with me and intro good lawyers. Please help me... I thank you all in advance.

patsie

Hi

Low pay doesn't mean incapable of taking care of children She must b really incapable of taking care of her children b4 u can have custody N it wld b up 2 u 2 prove she is really incapable Being unfaithful is not a valid reason of her being incapable She can b unfaithful n yet able 2 care for her children

Y don't u have a gd talk wif her n resolve this in a civil manner?

quincy1986

rhosernc: i think u look for a reasonable price lawyer 1st. once the lawyer is hired by u and not your wife, he will try to help u.

Xiaoboi8

Hi, pardon me as hubby to post. I have contacted Yeo & Associates and sound have hidden cost. She mentioned SGD1800 is for only divorce without Housing and kids. Fair enough additional 200 each so total SGD2200. However, she also mentioned basis one time meeting and proceed straight filing. Altho is uncontested but drafted wordings sometime partner need to revise. And she quoted extra 300 per hour session. Hmmmm sounds alot of hidden cost. Any comments pls? Or anyone experienced?

Hi, this is not considered as "hidden costs". You are making those lawyers to do extra work by revising (revising sometimes need more advice or negotiation before you can "revise" your original terms) and you have to know how much they charge for doing more work for your matter or how much they charge if your spouse comes back and want MORE REVISION to the original terms? It is lagi worse if they at the end throw you with their invoice and make you pay. You said the lawyer at Yeo & Associates did all the work and proceed to straight filing after just one time of meeting, with the speed and convenience, I think they are better than my lawyers, they wanted me to go to their law firm so many times, and so many to-and-fro. Until now, no filing and they charge me S$3000 and not inclusive of court fees and transport etc. If you don't wish to pay more costs, you better make sure you discuss with your spouse to have uncontested, before you go and tell a lawyer that it is uncontested, then turn out to be contested and more work and then say people charge you hidden costs. My 2 other friends tried Yeo after I told them to look for other firm and now their things already completed and mine still dangling. . .

loved

Hi

I'm new.
I really need a recommendation of a good female divorce lawyer urgently.
Not from google search, but any of your personal experiences with a good female lawyer, please.
I'm currently undergoing divorce and have used a male lawyer for the past 6 mths to try and reach a settlement.
However I'm very unhappy with this male lawyer's unresponsiveness.
As my soon-to-be ex-spouse is demanding, I intend to contest and fight on ancillary issues rather than settle on his unfair terms.
Any ladies have used a good female lawyer before, please PM me the contact urgently.
Thank you so much!

loved

I would like to know also specifically:

1. If you used this lawyer?
2. Did you have a contested divorce and/or ancillary issues contested?
3. How long did it take from start to finish (how many months/years)?
4. The legal fees was around how many thousands?
5. Did the female lawyer always return your calls and was responsive to your emails?

Hope someone can help. :embarrassed:

Hi

I'm new.
I really need a recommendation of a good female divorce lawyer urgently.
Not from google search, but any of your personal experiences with a good female lawyer, please.
I'm currently undergoing divorce and have used a male lawyer for the past 6 mths to try and reach a settlement.
However I'm very unhappy with this male lawyer's unresponsiveness.
As my soon-to-be ex-spouse is demanding, I intend to contest and fight on ancillary issues rather than settle on his unfair terms.
Any ladies have used a good female lawyer before, please PM me the contact urgently.
Thank you so much!

charlielola

I am going through Divorce and my lawyer is really good lawyer. Her name is Grace Malathy. She has very good Communication ability. She is perfect in Responsiveness. Quality of service is really great. Value for money is totally worth it. She is really good lawyer and negotiable. Her office is at Mountbatten Square. I would definitely recommend her to anybody. If anybody need more info pls send me SMS @ 85885490. I would love to share more details with you whoever is in need.