Any good tuition agency?

PinkUmber

Hi girls,

I am finding for my girl who is in P3 this year an English teacher. I called a few tuition agencies, and the tutors that they recommend are always not up to standard. Is there a better tuition agency that you will recommend?

pls help.

kitty

Hi girls,

I am finding for my girl who is in P3 this year an English teacher. I called a few tuition agencies, and the tutors that they recommend are always not up to standard. Is there a better tuition agency that you will recommend?

pls help.
I've PM you

kpinky

Hi PinkUmber i have also same problem. I am thinking to plan maths classes for my son. I heard that tutor agencies these days are not up to the mark. I am thinking to educate him by myself. I have searched free maths lessons gurubix - YouTube i am planning to teach him daily 2 hours so that he can get high than his mates.

joannesge

Hi kpinky! I'm a maths home tutor. Where do you stay? Maybe I can help?

I teach in tuition centre as well. Honestly, unless your child is those who will actively participate in the class, tuition centre is not suitable. Especially when your child is easily distracted, they don't learn as well as home tuition students. This is based on my experience.

kpinky

Hi kpinky! I'm a maths home tutor. Where do you stay? Maybe I can help?

I teach in tuition centre as well. Honestly, unless your child is those who will actively participate in the class, tuition centre is not suitable. Especially when your child is easily distracted, they dont't learn as well as home tuition students. This is based on my experience.
Hey joannesge thank you for your reply. From how long are you teaching maths. Till now i am teaching with online maths lessons GuruBix - YouTube What do you think will make a good maths teacher. You might have got lot of experience please tell me what will make a good maths teacher. What are the best ways to motivate a student to learn maths.

Mrs Nix

Hi,
I am an ex MOE teacher. Would you like to call me at 98448209 if you are interested to get a tutor?

With regards,
Nix

kpinky

Hi,
I am an ex MOE teacher. Would you like to call me at 98448209 if you are interested to get a tutor?

With regards,
Nix
Hey Mrs Nix thank you for your reply. Sorry i have started teaching my kid already with online lessons GuruBix - YouTube I am able to teach him with it very comfortably it has been given step by step solution. In case when ever i need a tutor i will surely will give you a call.

joannesge

I have been teaching since 2006.

A good teacher ( for any subjects) will be one who is able to help the student to improve and care. Personally I think it is more of whether the teacher fits the student style of study.

There is not really a best way to motivate a student also. Some work with some gifts. Some work with new teaching way ( apart from school teachers). Some work with encouragement. Some work better if you make them compete with another student. It's hard to say which is the best way.

But it definitely does help if the teacher is familiar with the subject. It gives the student the impression that the teacher is definitely able to help. And of course, if lets say you come across any question which you need more time to think, got to be frank with the student. Else they will start to doubt your ability after a few time. And this is bad.

kpinky

I have been teaching since 2006.

A good teacher ( for any subjects) will be one who is able to help the student to improve and care. Personally I think it is more of whether the teacher fits the student style of study.

There is not really a best way to motivate a student also. Some work with some gifts. Some work with new teaching way ( apart from school teachers). Some work with encouragement. Some work better if you make them compete with another student. It's hard to say which is the best way.

But it definitely does help if the teacher is familiar with the subject. It gives the student the impression that the teacher is definitely able to help. And of course, if lets say you come across any question which you need more time to think, got to be frank with the student. Else they will start to doubt your ability after a few time. And this is bad.
Hey joannesge great you are working as a teacher from 2006. I think you are very perfect teacher. You are the right person to define a perfect teacher.Also you very well defined a perfect teacher "A good teacher ( for any subjects) will be one who is able to help the student to improve and care. Personally I think it is more of whether the teacher fits the student style of study." Now i understood what a perfect teacher means. Till now i was teaching maths GuruBix - YouTube i will myself prove as a perfect teacher

joannesge

Thanks for your compliment. Haha.. But I wouldn't say I'm a perfect teacher. I just do my best for my student. :) Good luck to you!

By the way, please recommend me if you know anyone looking for maths tutor. Thank you in advance.
www.mytalentmyinterest.blogspot.com

PinkUmber

Hi Pinkumber, you can speak to me regarding a tutor as our agency screens each and every tutor personally and makes sure that their are equipped with the necessary academic credentials as well as passion to teach. Every tutor who has had a bad feedback from a parent is counselled and if it happens for the 2nd time, they are off our list.

If you need any help in future, let me know. Thanks!

you can visit us at Nanyang Academics | Singapore's Premier Tutor Matching Platform

Hi,

Thanks for your recommendation but I have found a current teacher from Schtutors.com. So far so good. If I need another tutor, will certainly consider your service.

faithtuition

Hi Everyone,

You may want to consider our agency as well - Faith Tuition Agency. For our agency, our fundamental objective is to create true value for all our tutors and customers through top quality service. Thus you can expect quick attention to your request, a few profile of tutors for you to choose from after we searched based on your criteria, and unlike conventional agencies, we do not charge the referral fees to you, thus keeping our services for our clients free!

With a comprehensive database consisting of current teachers, ex-teachers, University graduates and undergraduates, you can be absolutely sure that we have a quality tutor for your needs.

Do check us out on our:
Webpage: http://www.faithtuition.com

To find out what our client has to say about us:
Testimonials: Faith Tuition Agency

For most commonly asked qustions:
FAQs: Faith Tuition Agency

You may contact us at
Email: faithtuition@live.com.sg

Hope to be able to serve you! Thank You

Hi i'm Shela and i'm working for a tuition agency in Singapore. Are you still looking for a tutor? If any of you are, give me a call at 68586359. Thanks!

elitemind01

Hi

If your interested in tutorial services, you might want to consider Elite Mind Learning Center.

• Provides tutorial services to IB, 'A' levels, Secondary and Primary levels.
  • Provides quality learning and affordable tuition rates.
  • Provides discounts if you sign up for 2 or more classes.
  • Elitemind Learning Centre's vision focuses on motivating and empowering students to excel academically as well as in life.
  • Has competent and experienced tutors to give quality tutorial program.

You can visit the site elitemindlearning(dot)com and register online or call 63972005for more information. :)

Kohs

Dear mums, if you are looking for tutors, you can PM me or check out Start Tuition Agency - Singapore Home Tuition for all levels. I'm working there.

We can find tutors for you with necessary experience, within your budget, with verified credentials for any level and subject - Primary, Secondary, JC, IP. Teachers, ex-teachers, full-time tutors, undergraduates are all available here.

Let me know if I can help. You can also call/sms 9272 5433. Thanks!

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Personalised Coaching[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Top Quality Assurance[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Fast Results Guaranteed[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Hear from our clients.....[/FONT]
Click here for more.....
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]FREE Top School Exam Papers[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif](Worth $50) for new sign-ups[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Visit us at [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][url]www.TuitionSuperMart.com[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Or call [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]6886 4987 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]for more info.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Singapore's leading one-stop education resource hub, TuitionSuperMart offers wide variety of tailored solutions & methodologies to address your parenting needs, ranging from private tuition, coaching, forum & etc.[/FONT]

Last edited: