Any idea where to buy citric acid??

jespang

Hi, anyone out there know where to buy citric acid?? I need it to descale the sterilizer (avent). When I bought the sterilizer they attached two packets in it. Indicated that is adviseable to descale every 4 wks. Any idea where to purchase it??

blackpiggy

u can use lemon or lime juice, they contain citric acid inside. buy the fruit and squeeze out the juice, i use this method to descale too.

jespang

Thank you. Do u mind explain to me the steps ie. do I need to add water to the juice or do I need to on the power to let it run etc etc? I just realize that the citric acid can only be bought at Philip @ lorong toa payoh but it too far for me as I stay in the west. Can share how u descale? Thanks in advance!

blackpiggy

i'm not using avent sterilizer so don't know how the internal structure is like, but this is how i descale my pigeon one:
1) buy few lemons or limes, squeeze out the juice
2) pour the juice onto the metal heating plate (make sure juice is enough to cover the whole heating plate)
3) leave it for 30mins
4) use clean sponge/cloth to wipe away the scales on the plate (it should come off quite easily, if you descale frequently this step can omit)
5) pour away the juice and pour some hot water to rinse internal
6) run a complete sterilizing cycle with the usual amount of water you need but do not put any bottles etc in.
done.

doraemoon

Hi, you can get it in Giant on those citric acid that are used for making konnayaku jelly. Its should be about $0.65 each if I remember correctly.

mummy jay

Hi, anyone out there know where to buy citric acid?? I need it to descale the sterilizer (avent). When I bought the sterilizer they attached two packets in it. Indicated that is adviseable to descale every 4 wks. Any idea where to purchase it??
Can buy citric acid from most supermarkets. Usually in the baking sections. Just mix a little bit with water and cover the metal part then use sponge to wipe off. After that rinse with water can already.