Any idea?

chuaeil

Hi anybody have any idea how to celebrate baby 1st birthday?
I relly can't think of where ot help at.
Pls share.....

Eileen

Phoebii Cheng

Hi

I celebrated my son's 1st birthday simply with just family and a few friends....cos' my hubby dun want to spend the time & energy......cos' he say what's most impt is that we celebrate it with family......

But I guess if u want to celebrate ur son's 1st birthday (which I think is impt).... u hv to get a theme, then decide the location.....

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
chuaeil said:
Hi anybody have any idea how to celebrate baby 1st birthday?
I relly can't think of where to held at.
Pls share.....

Eileen
IMHO, it all depends on what is the objective of that birthday party ... dun forget the 1-year-old has seriously no idea what the fuss is about.

For a child's first 2 birthdays, I feel only family members will feel the "special occasion" of the party ...
Except for a few closer friends, I dare say the remaining acquaintances may well see the invitation as obligatory courtesy ... not unlike attending a wedding dinner.
So, why spend so much time & money organising such a big party?

For the record, I held Seamus' 1st birthday party at a Tung Lok restaurant which served ala carte buffet, attended by ALL immediate members on both sides of the family ... it was definitely a most memorable occasion when all of them witnessed Seamus performing: he took his first 8 steps totally unassisted before rumbling down onto the carpet, amidst everybody's hearty laughter.

This year, due to the economic climate, both sets of grandparents did not favour going to a restaurant to celebrate ... so, we ended up having the party at my place attended again by the same circle of family members, with my maid cooking up a feast catering the palates of all present.
However, as Seamus has started pre-school in Jan this year, he also had a mini birthday party (30-min type) held for his classmates during the class.

Where my SIggi is concerned, I guess it will still be no big party for him ... just another family gathering, where ALL are genuinely happy that he has reached 1 (of many other) milestones in his lifetime.
:wink: :wink:

Attachments

chuaeil

IMHO, it all depends on what is the objective of that birthday party ... dun forget the 1-year-old has seriously no idea what the fuss is about.

For a child's first 2 birthdays, I feel only family members will feel the "special occasion" of the party ...
Except for a few closer friends, I dare say the remaining acquaintances may well see the invitation as obligatory courtesy ... not unlike attending a wedding dinner.
So, why spend so much time & money organising such a big party?

For the record, I held Seamus' 1st birthday party at a Tung Lok restaurant which served ala carte buffet, attended by ALL immediate members on both sides of the family ... it was definitely a most memorable occasion when all of them witnessed Seamus performing: he took his first 8 steps totally unassisted before rumbling down onto the carpet, amidst everybody's hearty laughter.

This year, due to the economic climate, both sets of grandparents did not favour going to a restaurant to celebrate ... so, we ended up having the party at my place attended again by the same circle of family members, with my maid cooking up a feast catering the palates of all present.
However, as Seamus has started pre-school in Jan this year, he also had a mini birthday party (30-min type) held for his classmates during the class.

Where my SIggi is concerned, I guess it will still be no big party for him ... just another family gathering, where ALL are genuinely happy that he has reached 1 (of many other) milestones in his lifetime.
:wink: :wink:
Hi VroomVroomBoys,

the economic climate dose make some senese. Not thinking of making to very big but my family side quite big so needs buffer. Hehe....

chuaeil

Hi

I celebrated my son's 1st birthday simply with just family and a few friends....cos' my hubby dun want to spend the time & energy......cos' he say what's most impt is that we celebrate it with family......

But I guess if u want to celebrate ur son's 1st birthday (which I think is impt).... u hv to get a theme, then decide the location.....
I think the theme will be minnie mouse. hehe....