Any Kind Hearted Babysitter (whole day) to recommend to a single parents?

Catty

I'm looking for a kind hearted babysitter behalf for my sis (single parents) as now her current babysitter is really terrible, she know my sis situation from the start and she agree to help look after my niece for $500 (whole day from mon - sat) and when the days goes on this terrible babysitter keep on finding ways to increase the amount till now $700 (my niece is 3 yrs old tis year) and now recently she wanted to increase to $800 again!!! Her reason is now expenses is all going up!!! Does expenses going up concern my sis or my niece? Why is my niece still so skinny when she's such a big eater, my sis can only see her daughter getting a bit fat when she feed my niece herself on sat & sun.. :001_07:

My sis take home pay is only $1000+ and furthermore next year my niece gng to nursery, my sis gt to gave my parents $ as both my parents is not working, how can that cruel babysitter keep on increasing the amount since she know my sis situation from the start? :bmad:

Angelmum

increase the amount till now $700 (my niece is 3 yrs old tis year) and now recently she wanted to increase to $800 again!!! Her reason is now expenses is all going up!!!

OMG $800!! thot this price only meant for little kid who cant even self feed. 3yrs can go childcare, only $± 300 since she working.

btw, where she lives?

Ting

why not consider CC?
much better isnt it?
she learns more stuffs n interact with other kids.
timing wise is abt 8am-7pm. but depending on which CC u go.
my girl CC opens arnd 730 am n closes at 8 pm.
pricewise also need to depend on which CC, but range of abt 500 shld hv since gov sub 300 alr.
i personally prefer CCs than nanny cos i dun hv to worry abt nanny not feeding my girl n all.
in CC, they hv routine meals n it is recorded on how much they ate.
also, they r professional caregivers who r trained n under supervison (of the principal) thus i dun hv to worry abt my girl being ill-treated.
just tt no 1-1 treatment, which im comfortable cos my girl learn to be independent.
maybe u can advise your sister on tt.
JMHO. :)

pink_daisy

I'm looking for a kind hearted babysitter behalf for my sis (single parents) as now her current babysitter is really terrible, she know my sis situation from the start and she agree to help look after my niece for $500 (whole day from mon - sat) and when the days goes on this terrible babysitter keep on finding ways to increase the amount till now $700 (my niece is 3 yrs old tis year) and now recently she wanted to increase to $800 again!!! Her reason is now expenses is all going up!!! Does expenses going up concern my sis or my niece? Why is my niece still so skinny when she's such a big eater, my sis can only see her daughter getting a bit fat when she feed my niece herself on sat & sun.. :001_07:

My sis take home pay is only $1000+ and furthermore next year my niece gng to nursery, my sis gt to gave my parents $ as both my parents is not working, how can that cruel babysitter keep on increasing the amount since she know my sis situation from the start? :bmad:

where does ur sis stay? if nearby my place, i can babysit for her

CanCanMum

Catty babe mentioned the nanny is from Mon-Sat, meaning Sat is oso a full day?

If so i guess she has problem with CC coz CC only offers half days on Sat right?

Ting

hmmm, at least sat half day can get family to help? since most ppl dun work on sats. :)

Catty

Thanks for all the advice..

My sis need a babysitter from mon - fri (full day) and sat (half day), the reason why she cant put my niece in a childcare is due to my mum, my mum is a very unreasonable and unsupportive person no matter how we or even my dad pursue her, her answer is still a definately "NO"..

My sis now is staying with my parents at Bugis and her working place is at Jalan Besar now the current babysitter is at Hougang..

My sis just hope that she can find a babysitter real soon cos my niece will be gng nursery next year till now have not done any registration yet.. :embarrassed:

Angelmum

Thanks for all the advice..

My sis need a babysitter from mon - fri (full day) and sat (half day), the reason why she cant put my niece in a childcare is due to my mum, my mum is a very unreasonable and unsupportive person no matter how we or even my dad pursue her, her answer is still a definately "NO"..

My sis now is staying with my parents at Bugis and her working place is at Jalan Besar now the current babysitter is at Hougang..

My sis just hope that she can find a babysitter real soon cos my niece will be gng nursery next year till now have not done any registration yet.. :embarrassed:
Bugis area cant find a babysitter? Add transport n inconvenience worth it meh?

Too bad, not near me, otherwise, I dont mind stand in on Sat when yr niece goes CC Mon-Fri.

stonston

I'm sorry but after reading I'm confused.

1. Your mother does not allow your sister to put her child in CC? Then you mentioned your parents are not working tt's why your sister need to give them allowance (this is very filial of your sister esp since she's not earning much already). So your mother can't help to look after your niece? & since your niece needs to attend nursery soon, why not just tell your mother that the CC is the nursery (well, it is the truth)?

2. Nursery class. Do enrol soon as cheaper schools may have full intake already. I think for most schools need 1 month deposit & purchase uniform.

3. Babysitter. Hougang is really very far! You can try asking around for babysitter tt's nearer either to workplace or home so that travelling time & money is saved. For most of the babysitter's i've asked, $500 - 600 is for infants and usually when they start eating solid foods add $50 for ingredients. For 3yo kiddo it's usually around $400-600 also. Some parents provide the food (cook & put in thermos) so I don't see why the babysitter is charging so much!

4. Childcare. Given your sister's situation, putting her in non-profit CC may be the cheaper option. They do open on Sat half day. I think they will be able to give her further subsidy due to her income range. Or she can approach the MP for more subsidies on the CC arrangement.

Catty

Erm think there's some mummies are quite confused about my sis situation..

Firstly, my sis need a babysitter to take care of my niece from mon throughout sat afternoon, meaning my niece got to stay at the babysitter place from mon - sat afternoon, my sis can only fetch her back home on sat afternoon and got to bring her back to the babysitter place on sun night..

Reason: Cos my mum is a super very unreasonable type person, she dont't allow my sis to bring her(niece) home and my sis got no choice and cant goes against my mum cos my mum will use the excuses say "this is my house, you not happy can dont stay" attitude..

So now everyone got my meaning? Childcare, day care babysitter all is a not a solution to solve her problem.. :embarrassed:

Last edited:

Catty

my mum location is at yio chu kang. pm if location is ok,,
Hi Enileda3,

Is ur mum willing to take care of my niece throughout the week (staying over from mon-sat)?

If she's willing, can kindly pm ur mum or ur number to me so that i can check with my sis and ask her to give ur a call personally if she don't mind..

Thanks..

stonston

Oh! If staying over then I think $800 is reasonable because they need to look after the child 24/7, also no 'freedom'. But no harm looking around for another babysitter who is willing to accomdate. Too bad my aunt is too old already, cos she used to be a baby sitter and i had many 'cousins' who stayed over at her place since they were babies till they study in sec sch!

i'll help u ask ard :)

jojoki

oh u mean ur sis niece sleeps over at baby sitters house? from mon to sat issit? and your mum who is not working is not willing to take care of your niece her grandaughter? if half day i can help take care... ;p

SunShine07

ya, i think $800 is market rate for whole day and night. I have a good babysitter at tamp to recommand actually, but charges, i think also the same, she also take care full day and night with some kids before. Used to babysit my son also. I check with her again.....

Between can ask you why ur mother don't allow ur neice to go home and stay? sorry to say this, but a bit cruel loh....

SunShine07

by the way, ur niece is it very active type of gal??? :) actually i can also help, cos i think 3 yr old gal should be easy to take care bah, cos i also ever take care of my neiece b4 like that age....

I have my mum and maid to help out, but if she stay over night then she will have to sleep with me and my son temporary for about 2 to 3 months...

Ting

yeah, im also quite curious why ya parents dont allow your sis to bring her child back?

Catty

Oh! If staying over then I think $800 is reasonable because they need to look after the child 24/7, also no 'freedom'. But no harm looking around for another babysitter who is willing to accomdate. Too bad my aunt is too old already, cos she used to be a baby sitter and i had many 'cousins' who stayed over at her place since they were babies till they study in sec sch!

i'll help you ask around :)
Thanks! Ya i know $800 is the market rate outside for mon-sat (stay over) but the problem is this babysitter in the 1st place know my sis situation very clearly and she dun mind to take care of my niece for just $500 out of sympathy but how can she keep on raising the amount till now gng to raise till $800? If my sis can afford that much than my sis won't be so stress and headache about my niece already..:embarrassed:

Catty

Regarding my mum problem, sad to say that maybe we are ill-fated to have this kind of mother, even when i'm divorced with my ex husband that period, she dun even let me move back home to stay..:embarrassed: