Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

Fadeela

Hi mummies,

Trying to get to know more malay/muslim mummies out there to share your experience/journey through the journey of motherhood.

Im a 29 year old malay speaking indian muslim.
im currently 13 week pregnant with my 2nd child. Due in July
Im a mother to a beautiful princess of 2 years plus

mosqeetoh

Hi fadeela, I'm expecting my 2nd child too! first one is 10 yrs plus though lolz.

Into my 27th week now and feeling totally blah one moment and alright the next. How is it going for u?

themissus

Hi everyone, I'm in my 31st week, with my first child. Since it's my first pregnancy, I'm having mixed emotions;-- super excited but nervous!

But mosqeetoh, I totally understand what you mean. I'll be fine and fit one moment, and the next, I'll be in bed, not being able to move coz my back hurts like hell. Haha! Sleeping is pretty difficult too; constantly have to find a good and comfy position, and it doesn't help that the lil one is very active at night, keeping her mommy up :p

mosqeetoh

i'm sure it's an exciting time for u, having the first baby. I had my son when i was 23 and now i'm 34!! It's such a diff experience!

Now my body is not that energetic... after week 24 it felt like the bones in lower body are giving way lolz.

yuppp, getting into a comfy position during bed time can be quite a challenge... but i fall asleep quite easily cuz i'm not a daytime nap person so i feel super duper tired at night!

NanaHan

Hi all, Im currently 32 weeks preg with my 2nd son. Have an adorable 4 yr old son. When are you all due and if you're wrkn, when you plan to take ML. Now suffering from bad pelvic pains, mild cramps and backpain. Cant wait to see my bb, im due to give birth at Parkway East Hosp...

Fadeela

Mosqeetoh, - im doing ok with this 2nd one but had quite a bad MS compared to my first pregnancy. I can understand yr being tired as you are much older and 10 years is such along break for you to start all over.... hahahah

Themissus - You must be pretty excited waiting for the arrival of yr first child... anyway dont get nervous too much ok and when nearer to yr labour u need to relax more to get yr cervix open... and dont rush ok. getting induced is the worst thing i ever come across

NanaHan - Im due in July, im currently working but have not plan on the ML yet but i think i will go on ML at the last week before my due date. during my first pregnancy i was induced at 38 weeks so i went for ML earlier without anyone expected... too bad for my boss

Ummi

Assalamualaikum/Hi Ladies,

:)

Insya Allah im expecting my first baby this June!! Im 19 weeks today!! :)

Did my scan 2 weeks back and doc said she saw the baby testicles! hehehe.. I am going for my detailed scan insya Allah this feb! Kinda excited to meet baby and confirm the gender~

Any tips from mummies who went tru their first pregnancy?

Fadeela

Assalamualaikum/Hi Ladies,

Insya Allah im expecting my first baby this June!! Im 19 weeks today!! :)

Did my scan 2 weeks back and doc said she saw the baby testicles! hehehe.. I am going for my detailed scan insya Allah this feb! Kinda excited to meet baby and confirm the gender~

Any tips from mummies who went tru their first pregnancy?
Waalaikum salam Ummi,

Congrat on yr first pregnancy. I think after yr detailed scan should be confirmed the gender as it will be clearer. But I heard the gender for a boy able to detect easier compare to girl. But for my 1st pregnancy I was very sure mine was a girl even before I went for the scan as I was always dressed so nicely & suka berdandan... hahahah
My advice to you is enjoy the time now when the baby is still in u. Pamper yrself before the real deal hahahah. It will totally changed yr status & lifestyle overnight. But for now jaga kesihatan, byk berdoa untuk sempurnakan anak dlm kandungan. And mentally prepare for the labour and pls do not rush to the hospital when you labour comes unless waterbag dah burst.
You can ask me more if you want to??? anyway Ummi how old are you?

Ummi

Hee~ i had that instinct too! :)

Thank u for ur advices. Im enjoying being pregnant now. And feel so much blessed by this gift frm
Allah..

Actually im afraid to hold a newborn baby.. Hopefully i'll overcome tat.. :)

Have u been drinking milk and those vitamins frequently? I hate pills!! But i ate them once in a while~ heh. Guilty2!

Im turning 28 this Aug insya Allah. :)

mosqeetoh

Congratz Ummi... in fact every pregnancy is exciting! Like Fadeela advised dun rush to hosp unless waterbag burst! for my first pregnancy I was warded and induced on my Edd cuz my pressure was kinda high. Just take things easy, dun worry abt the things ppl say. Take care of ur health and food, u'll be fine!

I know waht u mean abt holding newborns... so fragile right! lolz

I skip my pills all the time.... gives me constipation and bloatedness.

Btw my edd is in mid april, gonna deliver at KKH. My doc Suzannah Sulaiman.

Fadeela

Ummi, thats normal for fear of holding newborn but once your baby is out the mother instinct will be there and you will hold yr baby with confidence.
I do drink milk but a times & pills at time only hahah... selalu lupa lah

Mosqeetoh - my 1st pregnancy gynae if M George at KKH, this time i want to go to NUH. Yr gynae Suzannah good? How experience is she?

Ummi

:) glad to noe both of u dun really eat those pills frequently! Less guilty now!

Thanks Fadeela! Insya Allah hoping those fears will be gone once i see my baby!

Mosqeetoh, my fren also goin tru with her! :) hows she?

My gynae is Dr Joycelyn Wong from TMC. Shes very friendly and accomodating!

Du'a that Allah will ease our labor ya! Hehehe..

Btw did both of you took epidural for first deliver?

Fadeela

:) glad to noe both of u dun really eat those pills frequently! Less guilty now!

Thanks Fadeela! Insya Allah hoping those fears will be gone once i see my baby!

Mosqeetoh, my fren also goin tru with her! :) hows she?

My gynae is Dr Joycelyn Wong from TMC. Shes very friendly and accomodating!

Du'a that Allah will ease our labor ya! Hehehe..

Btw did both of you took epidural for first deliver?
Ummi, Yes i do take epidural, i was induced and the pain was unbearable. And was advise by my sisters to take epidural in order to dilate faster when you are not stress & relax. But fyi dont take epi, they do have side effect esp those back problem. for this pregnancy i do not want to rush at all just let nature take its course. Tawakal to Allah insya allah everything is fine. All good & bad is from Allah so accept whatever he sends for us. im planning not to give the exact LMP to my gynae anyway im in my 14 weeks yet to book any gynae.
Anyway, during my labour the 1st child i byk baca doa nabi Yunus. They say it helps but we must always remember everything was already written, the destiny, fate, birth date of the child all already been written so byk bersabar in waiting for the arrival of yr child. And you will definitely remember yr mum when you are having yr labour pains... hahahaha

Ummi

i heard of the side effects too! :( ya, definitely will imagine how our mom went tru to give birth to us ya~

Btw read some petua at magazine to drink milo + egg mixed together before giving birth! Hahaha~ maybe to give a "yak" kinda motion to start pushing baby out kot? :p

Did you go for any pre-natal classes too? :)

Whats LMP? 14 weeks to go? :) insya Allah dipermudahkn kali ni!

Rabbi yassir wala tu'-assir ya Karim!

O my lord, make things easier for me.

Btw how come you havent choose gynae eh?

Fadeela

i heard of the side effects too! :( ya, definitely will imagine how our mom went tru to give birth to us ya~

Btw read some petua at magazine to drink milo + egg mixed together before giving birth! Hahaha~ maybe to give a "yak" kinda motion to start pushing baby out kot? :p

Did you go for any pre-natal classes too? :)

Whats LMP? 14 weeks to go? :) insya Allah dipermudahkn kali ni!

Rabbi yassir wala tu'-assir ya Karim!

O my lord, make things easier for me.

Btw how come you havent choose gynae eh?
Ya i was give that milo & egg portion by my mum during my 1st deliver, yucks!!!!! its actually meant to give you strength for the labour. Another petua is when you face some pains at home, fry some halba (fenugreek) in butter mix with water and drink. If the pain goes away its just false alarm if it continues most probably yr time have come.
LMP means Last Menstrual Period

i did not attend any classes at all for my first & not even this pregnancy. Actually this pre natal classes is meant for what ah. Dorang ajar ape seh?

You left with 14 weeks, byk jalan, do yr squats & do have intercourse with yr partner (petua from my mum & pregnancy book). It helps to soften the cervix.
I do not want to rush for those check etc... when you are early in yr pregnancy there nothing much to scan or monitor. Later stage is more important. most to most they only ask abt yr MS, swollen legs, yr urine & blood pressure. and scanning at the first trimester baby pun blum jadi betul. I tak nak waste time & money.
Anyway im trying a new private gynae so still looking ard actually. What yr name & where you leave. Maybe we can be friends & share our experience.

Ummi

Hee~ petua bout sexual intercouse also ive heard! But never noe the reasons why! :p

Im staying @ pasir ris & u can call me Wati! :) salam ukhwah!

Pre-natal classes, they will teach you breathing exercise during labor, hmmm breastfeeding n some other stuffs!

Ya, after goin tru my checkups, i feel that we can go later checkups if u feel alrite. But early scans, doc can detect if you have any cysts n see how baby is growing. I love my checkups coz i get to see baby n hear his heartbeat!

When i was 3mths plus, during scan baby was waving at us! Can see his 5 fingers! Indeed subhanallah!

I guess first timers mom like me are pretty excited with the scans pictures! :)

Fadeela

Hee~ petua bout sexual intercouse also ive heard! But never noe the reasons why! :p

Im staying @ pasir ris & u can call me Wati! :) salam ukhwah!

Pre-natal classes, they will teach you breathing exercise during labor, hmmm breastfeeding n some other stuffs!

Ya, after goin tru my checkups, i feel that we can go later checkups if u feel alrite. But early scans, doc can detect if you have any cysts n see how baby is growing. I love my checkups coz i get to see baby n hear his heartbeat!

When i was 3mths plus, during scan baby was waving at us! Can see his 5 fingers! Indeed subhanallah!

I guess first timers mom like me are pretty excited with the scans pictures! :)

Ya I agree first time mummies usually pretty excited abt the baby arrival. I was also very excited that time. This time pregnancy also excited but lesser as i know what to expect.
Mmg to see the development of babies in our womb is amazing.... Creation of Allah is very perfect & amazing.

You mean now you attending pre-natal classes??? I believe this kind of classes is waste of money. But im not sure how it will benefit you. But i learn all of it naturally. Mothers do not have to be taught to be a mum. They know it naturally and all babies wont be the same tau. I think its just another money making method this ppl.
Nowadays, unnecessary thing was told be done by the gynae/hospital. But it did not benefit anything I think. For my 1st, i was suspected with gestational diabetes. they send me to a nutritionist who look like a single, just graduate girl which doesn't know anyting abt pregnant. taught me to eat properly. I follow for a month and my result was my sugar level drop till fall below average, when i see her again you know wat they told me to increase my calories/food intake again. after that charge me $$$. I was really pissed off and i ignore the visit again. Luckily i gave birth earlier.

Ummi

I have not attended but intend to sign up for one. Hee~ the hubby tot too it wld be a great learning experience since im a first timers! :p ya true too abt money making methods ;) but its up to individuals eventually! ;)

But I dont mind investing this for my extra knowledge... Heh heh.

Hopefully with other mother experiences it will help in my preparation of labor + taking care of newborn! :)

Anyway so frustating to hear ur experience! Syiaaaan! :( its best to get a gynae yg professional n knowledgeable~

Fadeela

I have not attended but intend to sign up for one. Hee~ the hubby tot too it wld be a great learning experience since im a first timers! :p ya true too abt money making methods ;) but its up to individuals eventually! ;)

But I dont mind investing this for my extra knowledge... Heh heh.

Hopefully with other mother experiences it will help in my preparation of labor + taking care of newborn! :)

Anyway so frustating to hear ur experience! Syiaaaan! :( its best to get a gynae yg professional n knowledgeable~
Ya Wati thru must find a better gynae. Anyway, is this yr mum first grandchild? Yr first child at 28 bila you kawin eh... sorry just asking, im actually turning 29 but with 2nd child. I thought i was left behind baru nak anak dua. but didnt expect ppl lagi later dari I.

Sapa jaga you nanti when dah give birth? Will you be shifting temporary to yr mum's place?

Ummi

Nope2~ the 4th for my mom! :)

Hee i just got married last yr July :p oh my circle of friends some are not even married :p and some of my frens do not have a child yet. So i dun feel the hurry gtu ;)

Insya Allah my mom! :) My punggol house will be ready in 2014-2015! So i have my mom still. Alhamdulillah!