any mummies here with dyslexic child?

naughty_mummy

Hi all...I have a dyslexic son who's 8. Looking for other mummies who have dyslexic child to share experiences, thoughts & tips.
Have a good day..:)

naughty_mummy

Hi..! He's sch tested every child in P1 for this dyslexic thingy. So unfortunately, my son has high risk of having dyslexia & we have to send him for further assessment at Dyslexia Association Spore. Thats where its being confirmed that he's dyslexic. On top of dat, I do noticed too that my boy is having difficulties in reading..

rorek

Hi, I am a tutor for children with special needs for more than 20 years and I myself have 2 grown boys with dyslexia. Please feel free to e-ail me at teacher.susatay@gmail.com if you have any questions concerning your kid ( not necessarily for my services, just a chat or a discussion to let you know that you are not alone :) )

pwrpuffmum

Hi all...I have a dyslexic son who's 8. Looking for other mummies who have dyslexic child to share experiences, thoughts & tips.
Have a good day..:)
HI, My BFF has a son with dyslexia, now P5 already. Interesting thing was she noticed that he tends to get his b and d written wrongly in his early years. He was the slowest to copy notes too.
She had him assessed by Dr Lian Wee Bin at Thomson Plaza clinic, (Specialkids clinic) who made the referral to DAS.
It seems sometimes there are other learning issues and not just dyslexia that makes them slow in class , so some assessment by a professional is good.
He attended some of the classes by Dyslexia association although he was not hot about having more "tuition". :err:
He seems to be managing well now in class.

hapimint

my boy is coming 5 in June. KKH says that he has a high risk of ADHD and possibly dyslexic. So they referred me to DAS for their preschool program. I am still waiting for their reply. Both hubby and I are thinking if its better to hire a private tutor for him or going for the DAS program.

Any feedbacks on DAS preschool program? I am also thinking about "I Can Read" centres since we can have more control on the timing but not sure if its useful.

kitty

My friends' kids who have ADHD and dyslexia,go for brain training and they are doing well.

Jut sharing