Any mummies planning to work?

Elicia

I'm planning to come out to work soon, as some things happen to my side, i feel that i should be financial independant rather than depending on my hubby for the rest of my life.

As wat my frens told me i'm still young, shouldnt stay at home, yah maybe they are right. So now planning to take Retail Course to prepare myself into the work force in the future.

Any mummies planning to work too? Share wat's yr worries etc...

My worry is i cant spend much time with my kids. :embarrassed:

adoncia

I'm planning to come out to work soon, as some things happen to my side, i feel that i should be financial independant rather than depending on my hubby for the rest of my life.

As wat my frens told me i'm still young, shouldnt stay at home, yah maybe they are right. So now planning to take Retail Course to prepare myself into the work force in the future.

Any mummies planning to work too? Share wat's yr worries etc...

My worry is i cant spend much time with my kids. :embarrassed:
I plan to work as well. Only worries: Same as you, afraid that I can't spen much time with my princess. Cause for me, my baby sleeps quite early and wake up quite late. During weekends, she will be at my mum's place. Hence, if I return to the work force, I will be seeing less of my princess which makes me don't wanna go back to the work force. On another hand, we intend to shift out. So have to earn and save at the same time. :nah:

zhuzhu_41

Chill Mummies.

I've the same worries as you ladies when I wanna come out and work. But you know, you can't get the best of both of worlds so I know I have to make sacrifices.

(Anyway, using our Hubby's money isn't good either. My MIL complain that I spend her son money on unnessacery things. And even comment that why I can't come out to work and earn money myself. Upon hearing all these, it just motivate me to find a job.)

I put my DD under my mum's care during the weekdays when I'm working (cause I got selfish in laws that don't wanna help me look after her)

I only get to bring her back on the weekends. So, I tend to treasure the time with my DD and always will make full use of every single moment I had with her. I can even give up meeting friends or go out till late because I know I have to make up to her for not able to be with her during the weekdays.

It's been almost 7 months since I started working. I never regret putting DD with my mum because I know she's always in good hands. But right now, I'm thinking of bringing her back and put her in the CC near my hubby's place.

My worries, I'm afraid that DD might not be able to adapt to CC environment cause there's so many children and I doubt the teachers will give her the attention that she use to get it from my mum.

Another worry is, scare she don't have enough to eat at CC, scare she can't sleep in CC because of new environment. Scare she's too mischevious till teachers also BTH her. Scare she'll kana punish by teachers if she misbehave.

We mummies always have so much to worry =(

hi! Elicia

I am a working mum & i definitely agree to be financial independent. As i find i have more power on hsehold matter. haha! & during confinement, i am totally involve with our new member and being a first time mum, i got alot to learn and i sort of loss contact with the world so i cant imagine what will i become if i become full time mum.

My bb is 7mths old and she is under my mum's care. I try to visit my bb every evening and bring her back on Friday night. Or I try to ask my mum stay over at my home with bb for a nite on Thursday so i can have more time with my bb. Or if i didnt have time to visit her on weekday, i will phone and try to tok to her over the phone. Now my bb will request me to carry her or feed her even though my mum is around.

I find is the quality time u had with your bb not how much time u spend with ur bb. I try to do all my housework before she come back either on Thursday or Friday, so that i can have all my time to play and to communicate with her.

Elicia

I plan to work as well. Only worries: Same as you, afraid that I can't spen much time with my princess. Cause for me, my baby sleeps quite early and wake up quite late. During weekends, she will be at my mum's place. Hence, if I return to the work force, I will be seeing less of my princess which makes me don't wanna go back to the work force. On another hand, we intend to shift out. So have to earn and save at the same time. :nah:
if financial allows den ok lor.. they have been under my care since birth, very she bu de ... :(

Elicia

Chill Mummies.

I've the same worries as you ladies when I wanna come out and work. But you know, you can't get the best of both of worlds so I know I have to make sacrifices.

(Anyway, using our Hubby's money isn't good either. My MIL complain that I spend her son money on unnessacery things. And even comment that why I can't come out to work and earn money myself. Upon hearing all these, it just motivate me to find a job.)

I put my DD under my mum's care during the weekdays when I'm working (cause I got selfish in laws that don't wanna help me look after her)

I only get to bring her back on the weekends. So, I tend to treasure the time with my DD and always will make full use of every single moment I had with her. I can even give up meeting friends or go out till late because I know I have to make up to her for not able to be with her during the weekdays.

It's been almost 7 months since I started working. I never regret putting DD with my mum because I know she's always in good hands. But right now, I'm thinking of bringing her back and put her in the CC near my hubby's place.

My worries, I'm afraid that DD might not be able to adapt to CC environment cause there's so many children and I doubt the teachers will give her the attention that she use to get it from my mum.

Another worry is, scare she don't have enough to eat at CC, scare she can't sleep in CC because of new environment. Scare she's too mischevious till teachers also BTH her. Scare she'll kana punish by teachers if she misbehave.

We mummies always have so much to worry =(
hi zhuzhu, wa.. only bring her back on weekends.. i cannot.. i will miss them til death hahahaha...really... i rather bring them back everyday anyway my parents oso dun wanna look after for me lah... hehe...

Elicia

hi! Elicia

I am a working mum & i definitely agree to be financial independent. As i find i have more power on hsehold matter. haha! & during confinement, i am totally involve with our new member and being a first time mum, i got alot to learn and i sort of loss contact with the world so i cant imagine what will i become if i become full time mum.

My bb is 7mths old and she is under my mum's care. I try to visit my bb every evening and bring her back on Friday night. Or I try to ask my mum stay over at my home with bb for a nite on Thursday so i can have more time with my bb. Or if i didnt have time to visit her on weekday, i will phone and try to tok to her over the phone. Now my bb will request me to carry her or feed her even though my mum is around.

I find is the quality time u had with your bb not how much time u spend with ur bb. I try to do all my housework before she come back either on Thursday or Friday, so that i can have all my time to play and to communicate with her.
i wondering y some mummies can only bring their kids back only on weekends, sure miss too much rite, but u all wont feel miserable meh? like days very hard to pass like that... anyway someone offer me a job recently, if confirm i will bring my kids to the cc near my working place at toa payoh... convenience for me.. only a few blocks away frm the office hahaha..

vandia82

I suppose all mums misses their little darlings at home. But when they have to work I think they just have no choice but to bring them back on the weekends?

For my case, I just start working full time a few mths back and trying to start my freelancing. My husband and I are not on gd terms, a few mths back he moved back to his mum's place already. My mum is helping me with my 2 girls while I'm working. At night, I can only afford to bring one home with me which is the younger one. (She is harder to handle) THe elder one will make noise about going home with me, it hurts alot to see her sad. But I jus cant cope with 2 at home alone while having things to settle at home. Plus my mum cant cope 2 kids in the morning as she have to open/tend her shop. (As my elder one slps till quite late which is abt 12plus 1, so she sleeps at my mum's place will be easier and also by then my dad will be awake to help out)

The only thing I am doing is that I will go over to my mum's place every night after work and have dinner with my elder daughter, else spend some time with her before bringing the younger one home. I also bring them out alternately on sun so as to spend quality time with each of them. I dunno if this is the best way out, but at this point this is the best option I can think of...