Any mummies try Medela Breast pump before??

baby2008

Does your bb cry for a long time? Like an hour or 2?

My bb also like to cry a lot before he goes into a long sleep. For first 2 mths, he cried if he cried if he realise we stopped carrying him. So, for first 2 mths, we have no sleep at all. Have to carry him while he sleeps and when he is awake, have to still carry him coz he also cry.

Now he can sleep on his own but he will cry and cry before he sleep like he is very pek chep, cannot fall asleep but tired that kind. When he is like 3 mths, he will cry for a good 30 mins or more, now he is like cry a bit, and will stops crying when we pat him to sleep, then cry again coz we stopped patting him. We need to pat him till he is really in deep sleep else he will cry.

The first 4-5 mths very tough. But after that, it will be easy except if he fall sick. My bb haven't sick before but my fren's bb sick for 6 days and she had no sleep for 6 days. Very tough man. I hop my bb never sick at all. :embarrassed:
yaya...keep crying like i never feed him like that..
just now ard 10+ i fed him 5oz..
then 12+he keep cryin non stop n puke out ard 3oz like that..in total he puke 3times le..i dono if it's normal?n i gonna c doc 2molo le...i m so worried rite now..then i feed him again lo..this time he suckle..hmm..m i over feeding him?ai..eveytime he cry i panick then i give him his GF which is my breast,,ai...then he will stop..it's usualli in the night time le..not reli colic rite?cz aft 3th mth should be better le rite?ai..have to ask doc alot of Q again 2molo..i also have to carry him till he sleep veri deep but wen my MIl carry him just now he sleep like a log she carry for an hour..-_-"..then wen put down he wakes up...lol..cant mk it..n i heard that growing teeth also will sick..aiyaya...i kan cheong master wan le...hee..dono what will happen at that time..:wong1:

coffee

yaya...keep crying like i never feed him like that..
just now ard 10+ i fed him 5oz..
then 12+he keep cryin non stop n puke out ard 3oz like that..in total he puke 3times le..i dono if it's normal?n i gonna c doc 2molo le...i m so worried rite now..then i feed him again lo..this time he suckle..hmm..m i over feeding him?ai..eveytime he cry i panick then i give him his GF which is my breast,,ai...then he will stop..it's usualli in the night time le..not reli colic rite?cz aft 3th mth should be better le rite?ai..have to ask doc alot of Q again 2molo..i also have to carry him till he sleep veri deep but wen my MIl carry him just now he sleep like a log she carry for an hour..-_-"..then wen put down he wakes up...lol..cant mk it..n i heard that growing teeth also will sick..aiyaya...i kan cheong master wan le...hee..dono what will happen at that time..:wong1:
Hmm... sound like my bb when he is in his first mth. Keep crying and we keep thinking he is hungry and keep feeding until he vomit like merlion. :tlaugh: Yea... by 3rd mth, bb's colic should be ok liao. But your bb sound like colic wor. Late colic maybe. Does he do that every nite at the same time?

If he vomit, sound like overfeed or reflux due to too much crying which he swollow too much air. Can try burping him if he cry too much. And also burp him after he had his GF coz he might be very gassy due to all those crying.

Also try to give him tummy message just before he sleep or just before he start to cry, rougly est the time. And rub some Ru Yu You and pull his knee close to the chest after ruibbing for few minutes to let the air out.

Dun gan cheong. AS long as bb no fever, after his crying fits, he goes into deep sleep for many hours and in the daytime, he is normal, happy looking and drink his milk, he should be alright. But yes, do check with his doc for a safe peace of mind. :tsmile:

First time being a mummy is like this. Everything also worry. Me too lah. Now keep worrying that bb too skinny, bb dun want to eat, bb not eating enuf, bb not having enuf vitamins etc... and worse, same as you, very very scare bb sick. Worse fear as a mummy rite?

coffee

lol..
i also feel like baby is MINE!!
so bad..but i wont let my maid touch my bb also..cz she veri jia lad wan..wen 1st came she forgot to off the GAS!!not once or twice..but alot of time..n then cook soup got tissue inside:wong7:...n best is say alr still not much changes..then wen i ask my hubby have a good talk with her she ok abit..then got 1 time..my clothes kana bird shit she just keep the cloth as normal..wen i wana wear then i notice..i go crazy n every1 say i m making a big fuss..hey..that time my bb not out yet hor..lucky not his mitten kana..if not..i dono what will i say to her..:wong10:..now atleast she better le..cz i too bz with bb to be bother abt her liao..

as for letting other ppl touch..um..usually i will let other ppl carry him le..he is ok with it..but i dont like ppl to treat MY bb as Their own..u noe..like as if they give birth to him???that time i confiment even worst..my bb in the aftnoon never sleep then i wan carry the BL say no need she ask me go sleep then she carry my bb watch tv...for the whole month like that...n everynight MIl carry him to sleep..i heartpain like HELL man..so i always wait for him to nurse..wen he cry for milk i will be like:wong29:....u noe..over the moon lo..but aft he ZZzzZZZ..that's it the CL will tk him away...n i feel like a damn cow that time..ai...i tink i wont get a CL liao..i will ask my mum look aft for me..at least i can say it out..if MIL must ren wan..some times i just ask my hubby talk to his mother abt the rules n stuff..in the end..he kana wack n scold then MIL not hapy lo..swear the whole house down..HEEE...he is my shield..wahaha..cz sometimes i tell him i will kana depression if he dont help me talk it out...

actualli my MIL treat me veri gd de B4 my bb is BORN..aft that hor..like 360change..veri domanating over my bb de..like keep wanna carry n keep doing tnk i ask her not to..wen bb cry she just carry him n mk him sleep..n guess what..he shit the whole diaper lo..n never wanna let go until i say check the diaper..or wen i change his diaper half way bb cry she grap onli!!wow cao..i m transparent de le..den she keep hao liao the bb to her relative saying that the bb look like father..n her gens veri gd..what abt me??hello!??!i m the MOTHER..he got my gens too..best part my MIL n BIL treat my bb like pet like that keep wanna carry n pat n kiss..n if never give them carry BIL wil $#@#$@$# n MIL will go sieao..i feel veri angry wen they do this..i feel like..hey,i m the mother y cant i have it my way?if u like bb so much go give birth to 1 n play all u wan..lucky i have a loving hubby that will be my wonder shield..he will talk n kana the bullets from me..hee...then once a while he bad mood that i will be :wong15:...
today my hubby ask MIl not to give bb c tv..again..n no use..arr..sometimes i just wanna grap the bb back n go into my room..
btw..at least u work..but sometimes u noe bonding veri important de..that's y i give up my job...ai..y not sometimes u sit down n talk to ur hubby abt it?it works for me..u can try..eventho they(MIL) might not wanna listen i still wanna say..if not i will carry bb in the room wen she come back..so she cant see bb..hee..evil me..:wong3:
Alamak... think all the maid the same one. My maid also the same same but lucky she stay with my mil not with us if not, sure got lot of fiction one. For me, I dun care how my maid cook or clean the house, but as long as she handle my bb gently and properly. I go mad if i saw her mistreat my bb. Our bb is now our most and greatest treasure rite?

Hey, when my bb suffers from colic and keeps crying in the nite, my mil also bring my baby to sleep with her. I was like so fed up and unhappy. Every now and then, keep getting up to peek at them, wondering if mil will squash bb or not.

Heehee.. I also feel like a cow.. Hey, I think all nursing mothers will be over the moon when our bb cries for our milk. You neo, it is the feeling like hey they want us, they need our milk, only we the mothers can provide the milk they want, not hubby not even mil can do that.

My hubby cannot talk to my mil with too much rules and stuffs coz my mil "suffers" from depression. I think it is fake one. Coz everytime she dun get what she wants, she will act depress and tell other relatives she feel like commiting sucide lor. Then. all her children will start to pamper her like mad and bring her see phychiatsiy (can't spell), whooping big medical bill.

Sigh.. at least you bil loves your bb. My bil and his wife dun love my bb. They dun like us to ask mil to help us look after our bb. Coz they says make mil over tired and stress and then, no freedom. They hint to us that we should our bb to a nanny or infant care or I should quit my job to look after bb. But you neo, I can't quit my job lah, we need the $$. Then, says we give mil too little $$ to look after our bb and accused us of making mil depressed coz she cannot go holiday blah blab blah. But hor, we keep asking mil if she wants to look after bb, she says ok then why she go complain to bil with so many things. Last time, our relationship with bil is very good, now, we try not to talk to each other if possible.

You bery wei da to give up your job.But if your hubby supports you, then it is good. My hubby dun want me to stop working lor. He dun want to support me. Haiz haiz.. Btw, where do you stay? I stay at simei. U sound like a young mother. keke... me very old liao. 31 this yr oredi.

Orange17

Sounded so good! i am expecting my PIS to reach me this week. I bought it direct from US. Much more cheaper. Less then $500 for the metro bag version but was told that i have to do something about the adapter as the version from US's adapter cannot be used in spore but thk small prob...

Btr then spending 700+ :)

Hi hi

May I know where u order your PIS from US? Went to visit some websites, much cheaper, but they do not ship to outside US.

Thanks

baby2008

Alamak... think all the maid the same one. My maid also the same same but lucky she stay with my mil not with us if not, sure got lot of fiction one. For me, I dun care how my maid cook or clean the house, but as long as she handle my bb gently and properly. I go mad if i saw her mistreat my bb. Our bb is now our most and greatest treasure rite?

Hey, when my bb suffers from colic and keeps crying in the nite, my mil also bring my baby to sleep with her. I was like so fed up and unhappy. Every now and then, keep getting up to peek at them, wondering if mil will squash bb or not.

Heehee.. I also feel like a cow.. Hey, I think all nursing mothers will be over the moon when our bb cries for our milk. You neo, it is the feeling like hey they want us, they need our milk, only we the mothers can provide the milk they want, not hubby not even mil can do that.

My hubby cannot talk to my mil with too much rules and stuffs coz my mil "suffers" from depression. I think it is fake one. Coz everytime she dun get what she wants, she will act depress and tell other relatives she feel like commiting sucide lor. Then. all her children will start to pamper her like mad and bring her see phychiatsiy (can't spell), whooping big medical bill.

Sigh.. at least you bil loves your bb. My bil and his wife dun love my bb. They dun like us to ask mil to help us look after our bb. Coz they says make mil over tired and stress and then, no freedom. They hint to us that we should our bb to a nanny or infant care or I should quit my job to look after bb. But you neo, I can't quit my job lah, we need the $$. Then, says we give mil too little $$ to look after our bb and accused us of making mil depressed coz she cannot go holiday blah blab blah. But hor, we keep asking mil if she wants to look after bb, she says ok then why she go complain to bil with so many things. Last time, our relationship with bil is very good, now, we try not to talk to each other if possible.

You bery wei da to give up your job.But if your hubby supports you, then it is good. My hubby dun want me to stop working lor. He dun want to support me. Haiz haiz.. Btw, where do you stay? I stay at simei. U sound like a young mother. keke... me very old liao. 31 this yr oredi.
heyhey..
i stay at queenstown..soooo far from your side..if not i will give ur MIL look aft my bb n she reali can b depress..lol..(JK)..well i just got offically married this yr..hee..i m 21..best bday present ever..lol..cant mk it hor?hmm..still trying to be a mm..a gd 1 w/o losing my temper like mad woman..hee..as for my maid i prefer to not have 1 cz i dont trust them..cz my previous 1 is like from hell..hate to mention abt it..cz she brings me nite mare...this maid got carry my bb b4..that time b4 1 mth..then my mil say she nearly knock on my bb head wen she was carrying my bb n walking..-_-"..put urself in my shoes..i just came back from hospital not long haven reli touch my bb..n den tis kinda suay tink nearly happen....i will KILL ppl le...

btw hor..y ur MIL can carry ur bb to sleep with her?i tink it's kinna rude le..no respect..if my MIL like that i comfirm go ask back or i will leave the house de..i tink that's my bb le..i should b the 1 looking aft her/him hor..not u lo...i think all hubby dont mind such tinks wan le..they just tink of work n family never tink of who carry who not carry or who look aft or who busy..hmm..now bb sick le..just now 38degress le..now ok le..ai..i was like a chicken w/o head..cz he keep crying lo..siean..lucky my MIl leace it to us..never cum n talk much..if not i more gei sim..

umm...u wanna get a part time nanny?it's better rite?in this worls got diff kinna MIL..some gd like sister some evil like devil..my MIL even tho she like that she wont go over the line..cz she noe i got DEPRESSION..later i cant tk it i COMMIT SUSIDE..i try it once cz of the previous maid..$#$#$%!!!..can u imagine ur MIL trust what the maid tell her then u??n the maid reli got prob wan..but they dont wanna sack her cz they say she is gd in doing house work except that her mouth veri bad???!!wth?!?!maid is like a king in this family..n she is full of BULLSHIT man..u noe she have the balls to tell me n my hubby "u all r shameless,haven married then move in together!!" n she say that i m not part of the family so she refuse to do anytink for me?!?!sieao..then wen she apologise to us we dont tk it then MIL n BIL say we black hearted.no liang xin..etc..i got so sad that i swallow all my destress medication..n end up in hospital..then i tho she will change..but it bcum worst..then wen i get preggi i go so mental that i dont leave my room door unless my hubby comes home..i ask BIL to take my drinks in..i dont eat the whole day..blast music in my room so she say what i also cant hear..ai..then even my FION bag also missing..irratating man..forget it..i tho it's over wen she leave..but NO!!!some1 msg my hubby hp all nonsense stuff abt us n even curse my bb!i cry like hell..y?cz my MIL say aiya..y so sensitive?ppl say onli mah..scare what?imagine what if she reli put curse on u?n i m 7-8mth preggi that time i tink..my heart reli break into many pcs..hmm..lucky i have my hubby..i can say i m reli blessed to have a loving hubby..he is my shield n backbone..if not i tink i have gone alr lo..btw i veri emo wan hor..

i think it's better if u ask ur mum look aft if not look for a nanny to look aft..then she will come bagging u to let her look aft cz..which grandma dont wanna see their gandson??ty to threaten lo..see if it works..heee...try talking to ur hubby...cz my friend also got a monster in law...she ren until sieao lo..lol..i think u try ask ur hubby how will he feel n stuff lo if that's ur mum..u noe..as for SHM..hm..i have not been working since i was 3 mth preggi..cz cant tk it..then veri sick n weak so my family ask me to quite..then wen bb arrived i dont trust any1 so i look aft myself lo..hubby still schooling lo..finacial not stable at all do relying on in laws all the time..even so i stil have my stand..cz i wanna have my own upbring..even my friends can tell my MIL veri "over" treat my bb..too chong le..u noe..i dont wan him to be a spoilt bread as my in laws are abit well off..onli abit..so i m also veri blessed in this way..i tink ur hubby not dont wanna support u..cz now reli eco no gd le..if u not working he will be veri stress de..so since u r still young u can work n save up so next time can be like me//SHM le!!

coffee

heyhey..
i stay at queenstown..soooo far from your side..if not i will give ur MIL look aft my bb n she reali can b depress..lol..(JK)..well i just got offically married this yr..hee..i m 21..best bday present ever..lol..cant mk it hor?hmm..still trying to be a mm..a gd 1 w/o losing my temper like mad woman..hee..as for my maid i prefer to not have 1 cz i dont trust them..cz my previous 1 is like from hell..hate to mention abt it..cz she brings me nite mare...this maid got carry my bb b4..that time b4 1 mth..then my mil say she nearly knock on my bb head wen she was carrying my bb n walking..-_-"..put urself in my shoes..i just came back from hospital not long haven reli touch my bb..n den tis kinda suay tink nearly happen....i will KILL ppl le...

btw hor..y ur MIL can carry ur bb to sleep with her?i tink it's kinna rude le..no respect..if my MIL like that i comfirm go ask back or i will leave the house de..i tink that's my bb le..i should b the 1 looking aft her/him hor..not u lo...i think all hubby dont mind such tinks wan le..they just tink of work n family never tink of who carry who not carry or who look aft or who busy..hmm..now bb sick le..just now 38degress le..now ok le..ai..i was like a chicken w/o head..cz he keep crying lo..siean..lucky my MIl leace it to us..never cum n talk much..if not i more gei sim..

umm...u wanna get a part time nanny?it's better rite?in this worls got diff kinna MIL..some gd like sister some evil like devil..my MIL even tho she like that she wont go over the line..cz she noe i got DEPRESSION..later i cant tk it i COMMIT SUSIDE..i try it once cz of the previous maid..$#$#$%!!!..can u imagine ur MIL trust what the maid tell her then u??n the maid reli got prob wan..but they dont wanna sack her cz they say she is gd in doing house work except that her mouth veri bad???!!wth?!?!maid is like a king in this family..n she is full of BULLSHIT man..u noe she have the balls to tell me n my hubby "u all r shameless,haven married then move in together!!" n she say that i m not part of the family so she refuse to do anytink for me?!?!sieao..then wen she apologise to us we dont tk it then MIL n BIL say we black hearted.no liang xin..etc..i got so sad that i swallow all my destress medication..n end up in hospital..then i tho she will change..but it bcum worst..then wen i get preggi i go so mental that i dont leave my room door unless my hubby comes home..i ask BIL to take my drinks in..i dont eat the whole day..blast music in my room so she say what i also cant hear..ai..then even my FION bag also missing..irratating man..forget it..i tho it's over wen she leave..but NO!!!some1 msg my hubby hp all nonsense stuff abt us n even curse my bb!i cry like hell..y?cz my MIL say aiya..y so sensitive?ppl say onli mah..scare what?imagine what if she reli put curse on u?n i m 7-8mth preggi that time i tink..my heart reli break into many pcs..hmm..lucky i have my hubby..i can say i m reli blessed to have a loving hubby..he is my shield n backbone..if not i tink i have gone alr lo..btw i veri emo wan hor..

i think it's better if u ask ur mum look aft if not look for a nanny to look aft..then she will come bagging u to let her look aft cz..which grandma dont wanna see their gandson??ty to threaten lo..see if it works..heee...try talking to ur hubby...cz my friend also got a monster in law...she ren until sieao lo..lol..i think u try ask ur hubby how will he feel n stuff lo if that's ur mum..u noe..as for SHM..hm..i have not been working since i was 3 mth preggi..cz cant tk it..then veri sick n weak so my family ask me to quite..then wen bb arrived i dont trust any1 so i look aft myself lo..hubby still schooling lo..finacial not stable at all do relying on in laws all the time..even so i stil have my stand..cz i wanna have my own upbring..even my friends can tell my MIL veri "over" treat my bb..too chong le..u noe..i dont wan him to be a spoilt bread as my in laws are abit well off..onli abit..so i m also veri blessed in this way..i tink ur hubby not dont wanna support u..cz now reli eco no gd le..if u not working he will be veri stress de..so since u r still young u can work n save up so next time can be like me//SHM le!!
Hey, I send you a private message instead. :wong29:

Rachi

I have medela mini electric plus( dual) pump for sale.
3 storgae bottles + Cooler Bag + all other parts .
Bought 1 yr back.Used only for 3 months.

The pump is in excellent condition.
If interested pls sms me at 94505603.selling for 170$ -cheap la

eeshern

i bought the advance set dual pump with the knapsack bag. i also have the manual avent set. i still feel tht the avent set is better.

woo22

Hi hi

May I know where u order your PIS from US? Went to visit some websites, much cheaper, but they do not ship to outside US.

Thanks
try firstfewyears.com.sg - PIS quite ok pricing! I ordered Medela parts fm medela breast pump & accessories, nursing bras, softshells for inverted nipples - cheaper! get a group of pple and share the shipping costs - eg : softfit shield - selling USD9.95 /pair - tink in sin selling abt $30 a pair.
currently using a 2nd hand PIS - quite noisy . bought pump for $300 wiz sum accessories, but hygiene purposes got all the accessories fm US - plus shipping - abt $200.
currently bought ameda dual pump - to bring n put at work place. planning to order accessories fm US oso .. still surveying the sites to get fm..if anyone has any lobang -- pls adv! :001_302:

hi,
i am chubbimummi
i hav used medela lactina plus (the one tat u can rent it at moms n babes shop)
not sure bout the rental. but the RP for this pump is very ex: 1.5 k if not mistaken
very good
just to note, sore nipple bcos of the funnel of medela is smaller n come without any shield
used avant uno as well
feel more comfortable as they had a rubber like shield tat act as breast massager to stimulate let down :)
to save time, dual pump is better but if u plan to breast feed ur child on one breast while pumping the other breast, uno pump is enuv

thinking of selling my avent uno.just bought this june 08.
warranty till june 2010. buying price $279. now thinking of selling $230 cos i only used for a few months and still in warranty

i hav tried ameda pump as well
lactaline dual pump RP $388
cost: cheaper than medela n avent but good performance
just tat the valve is easily torn
need to replace every month or less
each valve cost $8 to replace

if u wanted to buy 2nd pump,
i hav contacts
just let me know via email chubbimummi@gmail.com

hi at the same time,
i hav ebm storage bags to sell

i hav playtex bottle liner (best to keep EBM) to sell. i use it cos it is cheap and convinient. save space for ur fridge compare to normal glass bottles :)
i din buy this earlier, so have to spend money to buy a fridge which is so stupid of me!!
so now i will advice all the mummy to get the liner than to use glass bottles.
8oz/125 pcs. $ 15 per box ( retail is selling 4oz/125 pcs for $15) so this is really cheap.
Can check it out at this website: http://www.departmentstoreonline.co.uk/productView.cfm/deptID/6/catID/24/productID/122/via/catPageMoreDetailsLink
Email me if interested as I hav a few of the photos to show u on how to use it effectively Jchubbimummi@gmail.com

ljay

hi,

if anyone is interested, i'm selling a brand new medela mini electric breast pump for $140 only. the pump is retailing in stores for $193.90.

Can deliver to any Mrt station and also to your doorstep if you stay in punggol, sengkang, bukit panjang, bukit batok or choa chu kang.

Just contact me on 98452370 if you'd like one.

Last edited:

mumsy123

Hi,

I heard from my friends that Medela breast pump is good.. Any mummies try it before?? My friend also mentioned that they offer rental service of the pumps as well.. Is it true??
Hey, I was researching the exact same thing online (pump rental) and I came across The Baby Specialist. Apparently they rent breastpumps, and a lot of other things too.. can check it out! :) www.thebabyspecialist.com.sg

ynna

Hi,

I heard from my friends that Medela breast pump is good.. Any mummies try it before?? My friend also mentioned that they offer rental service of the pumps as well.. Is it true??
hi, medela pumps are good.just need to know wat model is suitable for you.ask for assistance. msg me if you need help.:shyxxx:

manddy1

hiiiiiiiiiii everyone...

no i have not used the Medela Breast pump..., but would like to suggest u about snow bear beast electronic breast pump.....As we go with snow bear electric breast pump which is made of 100% safe material. As I brought it, healthmanas..., which is affordable compare to market price.

catlady

Hi to all mummies.. need ur personal reviews n experiences on those who use medela PISA.. need to noe how does it works? Im a first time mummy who will be givin birth soon.. so now findin for a gd breast pump.. i heard for PISA whenever we wan to pump we need to bring alg the bag which comes alg wif it? N we need to make sure we hav a plug nearby? Is this true? Cant we use battery? Coz my concern is when i need to pump at wrk.. the only place i can pump is pantry or toilet which has no plugs.. need ur help here.. thank u..

BabyGlee

Medela Breast Pumps are indeed the best. They are quieter than most other brands and also more effective in drawing milk.
Their patent technology also mimics the suction of a baby thus you send your body the right signal to produce the milk that baby needs.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baby-Glee/335854546537605

BabyGlee offers rental of medela pumps at a fraction of the cost and you can get a brand new personal breastpump kit (for hygiene purposes) at a huge discount from retail. A great option to consider if you don't wish to invest time and money worrying about owning the full set and not knowing how long you might use it.

BG.jpg