Any one with good chinese tutors or tution centers to recomend

bingxu3

i totally give up on teaching him on my own, my chinese is already like so zzz and i been trying my best to guide him but with all the teacher complains i need a tutor badly

kopi_c

ya anyone has any good chinese tuition teacher to recommend? my son is in P3 this year and his chinese is ...errr....don't even know how to describe it. not sure how they teach chinese in schools nowadays, all his strokes are wrong, even though he managed to write the correct character. he said teacher never teach the proper strokes. is that true??:07:

Emily

Hello Mummies

Are you still looking for tutors? I know of some qualified and experienced Chinese tutors who maybe able to help you.

akiva

you may want to try Tien Hsia, they follow MOE Chinese syllabus very closely and prepare the child for all CAs and SAs. But the child need to do tien hsia homework weekly and reading

Tien Hsia Language School

51 Bishan St 13
#03-03 Singapore 579799
Tel/Hp : 62532131
Fax : 63544952

309 Choa Chu Kang Ave 4
#04-01 Singapore 680309
Tel/Hp : 67602131
Fax : 67609662

112 East Coast Rd
#02-14/18 Singapore 428602
Tel/Hp : 63482131
Fax : 63480332

205 Hougang St 21
#04-00 Singapore 530205
Tel/Hp : 64872131
Fax : 62829103

2 Jurong East Central 1
#04-01 Singapore 609731
Tel/Hp : 65642131
Fax : 65648970

293 Lor 6 Toa Payoh
#03-00 Singapore 319387
Tel/Hp : 63580912

277 Orchard Rd
#05-35A/37 Singapore 238858
Tel/Hp : 62352131
Fax : 62357703

277 Orchard Rd
#03-35 Singapore 238858
Tel/Hp : 67349816

3 Simei St 6
#06-02 Singapore 528833

Both my kids are in Tien Hsia and so far I find the classes help ing them alot . The teachers are Native from China.

My colleague told me Berries is equally good, you can take a look at their website below :

Berries - World of Learning School
Did your kids have an interest in chinese b4 they started at Tien Hsia? Mine is totally disinterested and unmotivated cos we dun speak it at home and his childcare did not emphasise much on chinese. Wld like to get him started to prepare him for P1 next year. Are the kids daunted by the workload given at Tien Hsia so much so they lose their interest?

seashell

Did your kids have an interest in chinese b4 they started at Tien Hsia? Mine is totally disinterested and unmotivated cos we dun speak it at home and his childcare did not emphasise much on chinese. Wld like to get him started to prepare him for P1 next year. Are the kids daunted by the workload given at Tien Hsia so much so they lose their interest?
I didn't prepare my elder girl in advance . Taught her when she entered P1 on my own and both had a hard time. So I sent her to Tien Hsia and she improved tremendously . So for my 2nd boy I started him earlier at K2 and now he's coping well with chinese. Both hate chinese initially and don't read chinese books until today but exam wise they are still doing quite well, except for oral .

Tien Hsia emphasis alot on text book content , spelling and they do " lang du" and oral as well but guess is not good enuf if the kids don't read during their own time. Sometime they do complain as there are Spelling almost every week but feel it's good practice for them. Other than that no much of homework.

Last edited:
Is $20 per hour reasonable for 1-to-1 tuition?

I called up a chinese tutor who charges $20 per hour for one to one tuition. SHe's a native from Beijing (S'pore PR) and has been teaching chinese to primary/secondary kids for 3 years. Wonder if her rate is reasonable cos Tien Hsia's weekend charges is $16 per hour (class of 10 students though).

seashell

I'm not sure about the market rate for chinese tuition but $20/hr sounds reasonable to me taking into consideration that you cut down on the travelling time and your kid will get 100% attention .

Maybe you can get some feedback from the parents of her existing students .

jacz

I'm also looking for a Chinese tutor with very good tract records.
My kid will be in P5 next year.

Sent him to Tien Hsia before, not good for him as the class was too big.
Teachers though OK did not follow up on weaker students.

Hope you can share if you know of good tutor.
Don't mind small group or individual.
Location - Toa Payoh.

crazynut

I'm also looking for a Chinese tutor with very good tract records.
My kid will be in P5 next year.

Sent him to Tien Hsia before, not good for him as the class was too big.
Teachers though OK did not follow up on weaker students.

Hope you can share if you know of good tutor.
Don't mind small group or individual.
Location - Toa Payoh.

Hi,
I am a part time tutor that would be teaching chinese.
I have achieved distinction in chinese for my o level exams.
I have no experience in teaching but I have coached my 12 year old brother in chinese since young.
I try my best to keep lessons fun and engaging to maximise learning potential. Hope this would be the help you need for your child.
I can conduct a free trial lesson to gauge ur child's learning needs and whether he can adapt to my teaching style.
There is no harm to try it out since it is free.:)
Rates are negiotiable.
Thanks and have a nice day.

Email cokeby190@gmail.com for enquiries.:)

melvincho

Alpha Male
hi parents i have a well experienced chinese tutor with relevant qualifications to degree in chinese and is also a singaporean female teacher so it should be easy for her to communicate with the kids and with 15 years of teaching experience. If you guys are interested you can contact me to liase or through her directly at (91013257) melvin (98510817) pearl or even mlvn_cho@yahoo.com.

TomTeoh

There's a tuition centre beside Yishun JC (block 729) where the teacher studied Chinese Studies in NTU. She's very good with the kids and the kids all like to attend her lessons. Her classes are also not too big. Maybe you all can consider that tuition centre if it is not too inconvenient for you.

yiyi8095

Hello! I am a very experienced chinese tutor who have been teaching for 15 years. My roots are from China but I have been living in Singapore long enough to become a Singaporean. I live in Tampines and I give group as well as one to one tuition at my home or your home, whichever you would prefer. I am able to teach students ranging from P1 to JC and I also have students under me for close to 10 years. I have experience teaching in top schools and neighbourhood schools and my strengths are teaching comprehension, oral and composition skills. Interested parents can contact me at 96208824. Thanks!!

jezc

My friend strongly recommended FUNtastic Chinese tuition,

All the programmes are endorsed by NUS and NIE professors
MOE-trained local teachers
However, limited vacancies.

9889 8261 / 6702 1123

www.funtastic.com.sg

Last edited:

BAILING CHINESE

Bai Ling Chinese provide Chinese courses online as well as private tuition for groups or on a one-to-one basis.

Our material is specially created for learners with different ages and levels.

Our teachers are native Chinese speakers and Chinese-English bilinguals. They are fully-qualified and have professional teaching experience. They are friendly, dedicated, creative and able to provide learners with a wonderful learning experience that is productive but stress free.

For more information please visit our website: Home page

For inquiry, please email: info@blchinese.com

AceTutors

acetutor-logo.png

The root of education stems from the learnings shared between teachers and students, however, what truly matters most would be the lasting and effective relationship between them. At Ace Tutors, we not only provide experienced tutors at competitive rates, we also strive to create win-win situations for both tutor and student through our hassle-free matching system. Enjoy our free matching services with your desired tutors and embark on an educational journey of proven results with us today. Head on to www.acetutors.com.sg to find out more!

Hi Everyone,

Intellicat Tuition School is a centre Registered with MOE since 1998. Our classes operate in small sizes and we have a pool of qualified school teachers, ex-teachers and lecturers who are dedicated towards helping your child ace the exams! More than 80% of our students have improved by at least 1 grade last year.

Our address: 1030A Upper Serangoon Rd, Singapore 534767 (Opposite SRJC, near KOVAN MRT)

Hotline: 62806841

We have a series of revision videos and worksheets uploaded in our website too.

Thank you,
Jerry