Any Recommend in Good English Tutor For Pri School Student

Amandaxu

Hi Eloise, if you're looking for pri school tuition, you might wanna try Tuition Finder heard they are not bad in a sense they interview all their tutors under strict regulations etc so no funny business on your side. Also they match your child according to the right tutor, so for parents who wants to go for a long term basis tuition with the tutor you and your kid can connect to, can try them. I just recently engaged a chem tutor from them for my boy who is in sec school, as it's my boy's weakest subject currently. Can pm me for more information.

Valerie Tan

Hi parents,

I am a female full time tutor so do contact me if you are still looking for an experienced and reliable English tutor.

thanks
Valerie

NaomiTTA

Hi there, for parents looking for a suitable tutor to cater to your child's needs, i know a
wide range of tutors, MOE teachers, part-time tutors and full-time tutors with more than 14 years experience and proven track record. If the placement is right, you will also get free access to past year paper assessments and unlimited e-exams! No frills attached. Will work according to your budget, and free replacement till you find the right one -Your satisfaction is the priority.

Kindly drop me a SMS @ 9276-1641 stating your preferences. Thanks!

*No agents please*

Wan Qian

Looking for TUITION for your child/yourself?

Trust Tuition Agency has been in the education business since 1995. At Trust Tuition Agency, certified and validated part-time tutors and full-time teachers are available for ALL SUBJECTS and EVERY LEVEL, ranging from primary schools to universities! Special courses such as music or swimming are available too! (http://www.trusttutor.com)

Why us?
1) We are a ONE-STOP EDUCATION AND TRAINING PORTAL which includes up to 138 Miscellaneous Courses.
2) We have a large database of tutors, hence we will be able to find a best-fit tutor for you in the fastest time. Quick replacement is possible in the case where you are not comfortable with the tutor.
3) Get up to 20% DISCOUNT for EPB assessment books
4) Accumulate points for every dollar you spent and redeem it with a shopping voucher
5) Fretting over the costs of other school past-year papers? Sign up with us and get unlimited access to them for FREE!! (Usual price: $50/month)

If you are interested, feel free to contact Wanqian at 96274878. Thank you!

Wan Qian

Looking for TUITION for your child/yourself?

Trust Tuition Agency has been in the education business since 1995. At Trust Tuition Agency, certified and validated part-time tutors and full-time teachers are available for ALL SUBJECTS and EVERY LEVEL, ranging from primary schools to universities! Special courses such as music or swimming are available too! (http://www.trusttutor.com)

Why us?
1) We are a ONE-STOP EDUCATION AND TRAINING PORTAL which includes up to 138 Miscellaneous Courses.
2) We have a large database of tutors, hence we will be able to find a best-fit tutor for you in the fastest time. Quick replacement is possible in the case where you are not comfortable with the tutor.
3) Get up to 20% DISCOUNT for EPB assessment books
4) Accumulate points for every dollar you spent and redeem it with a shopping voucher
5) Fretting over the costs of other school past-year papers? Sign up with us and get unlimited access to them for FREE!! (Usual price: $50/month)

If you are interested, feel free to contact Wanqian at 96274878. Thank you!

I'm a current school teacher giving private tuition to Primary Level students. Just some comments of teaching english.

English can be taught but it has to start from basics. For every tuition student I teach, we always start from basics (grammar, sentence structure). Many students do not perform well because they go not have a strong foundation in grammar. It pulls them down in many areas: composition writing, synthesis and transformation, cloze passage and comprehension. And these components are the ones that take up a larger percentage of the english exam done in schools.

Some children have very wide vocabulary, but they lack basic grammar knowledge resulting in poor sentence structure and poor understanding.

English tuition is not a overnight solution but with at least 3-4 months of work, the child will be more confident and will be able to see improvements.

myschoolteacher

MySchoolTeacher Tuition Agency is a registered home tuition agency in Singapore with more than 10 years of experience. We provide 1 to 1 home tutors for students of all levels from Primary schools to Junior college level. We have a large pool of NIE trained current and ex school teachers who are dedicated and committed to ace your child's results. Visit us at www.myschoolteacher.com.sg or call us at +65 91090005 now.

My School Teacher Tuition Agency is operated by ex school teachers who are dedicated to deliver the best tuition teachers to the students are we understand the needs of both parents and students. We genuinely want students to score well in their examinations and excel in their learning. We listen to the needs of students and will only match the best suited teachers for effective learning. Check us out now.

Mckaylan

Dear parents,

I am Janice, a former senior school teacher with 16 years of experience. I conduct English lessons at my centre, Mckaylan Tutorial Centre.
I develop the curriculum to engage my learners and make them fall in love with the subject. My pupils are never bored in my lessons. An engaged learner is one who looks forward to the lesson and eventually improve.

I start every lesson with vocabulary list of 10 words as pupil hardly read these days, followed by comprehension and writing skills. I will also cover theme based lessons to expand my pupils' general knowledge to write better expository and argumentative compositions. Grammar and oral skills are also taught.

For the primary classes, I focus on components tested in Paper 1 and 2. Grammar and synthesis rules are explicitly taught and tested to ensure mastery of the commonly tested items. Pupils tend not to remember what they have been taught. Much repetition is needed for them to remember the rules.

For writing, pupils need to plan a pleasing plot, develop believable characters , create suspense and use dialogues effectively. They don't have to use big, bombastic words. They need to know how to use precise vocabulary instead of tired words like 'walk', 'said' or 'look'. Pupils need to describe the emotions and actions of their characters vividly. The pupils need to be explicitly taught these skills. Good writing takes time and much revision.

I have limited places for my classes and some of them are full. I don't really advertise and am rather inactive in forums. My pupils know about me by word of mouth. You can read their testimonials about my lessons in my blog and website.

My blog
http://mckaylan.com/blog/2017/02/15/feedback-from-our-happy-pupils-and-their-parents/
My website
http://mckaylan.com

Should you need information about my lessons, please don't hesitate to contact me at 64529554 or 98214603.

Have a nice day

Ben Shum

Hi all, EnglishTutorPro specializes in connecting qualified English tutors (MOE, full time, scored distinctions in English at PSLE, 'O' Levels, 'A' Levels) to students and parents. As a tuition centre that focuses only on English, EnglishTutorPro is able to achieve both holistic learning and good academic results over time.

You can check out EnglishTutorPro's website here: https://www.englishtutorpro.com/

Also, EnglishTutorPro maintains an active blog discussing recent trends in English examinations, reading, grammar, spelling and many more. Check out some of the blog posts here: https://www.englishtutorpro.com/blog

Cheers!

xlynsee

Hi! If you're looking for a good tutor I can recommend Trust Tuition!

We have a variety of tutors with different level qualifications and we even offer non-academic subjects (e.g. sports and music group).

We also offer an online database of papers for your kids to do. You can even keep track of their progress and the dates they've done the papers. Do contact me if you wish to find out more!

You can reach me at 9880 6769.

crystallee12

Hi,

My name is Aaron and i am an agent for trust tutor agency. They have a proven tracked record of 20 years of experience in helping you match with the best tutors islandwide. Tuitions are home based. Also, an online database of past year top school exam papers are provided for FREE. If you prefer physical copies, certain assesment books may also be purchased through the agency at a 20% discount with delivery.
Do not hesitate to contact me at 8-2-2-8-3-2-3-3 for more information.

Thanks!

Pamela Anne

I am a full time tutor who is committed and passionate about teaching children. I have 3 years of experience tutoring all primary levels EMS, and Chinese for lower primary.
I also did relief teaching in a local primary school for a certain period of time.
Currently i have K1, P2, P3, P4, and P5 students and they are doing well under my guidance and passion!
Rates are negotiable. Parents living in the same area and do not mind organizing a small group tuition in one of their homes will result in lower tuition fees!
Parents who are looking for secondary/JC etc tutors, fret not as I have a range of certified and suitable tutors to recommend as well.

Mummies interested in my service can whatsapp/sms me at 92336125

Nick NS

Hi. I'm surprised to see many links in this thread no longer exist. I can recommend my tutor friend. He's been providing private tuition since 2010 but recently he set up his own English Tuition In Singapore. His students show improvements just after a few months. I visited the centre several times and saw the kids actively participate in class activities. Nevertheless, like any kind of service, you have to see it for yourself. All the best parents and give your child time to grow!

Last edited:

faith

Anybody has any recommendation for English & Science home tutor? Prefer recommendation through word of mouth but it seems very difficult to find 1. If anyone of you came across a good one, can you please let me know? Thanks a lot!

Nick NS

Anybody has any recommendation for English & Science home tutor? Prefer recommendation through word of mouth but it seems very difficult to find 1. If anyone of you came across a good one, can you please let me know? Thanks a lot!
Totally agree. Unless you have friends who've been through the same path, it's hard to find good recommendation. My tutor friend used to run private classes everyday until he decided to open his own English tuition centre. It enabled him to create structured materials and proper lesson plans. If you stay near Kembangan or Serangoon, you can consider dropping by his centre for a chat. All the best!