Any recommend of SGH gynae???

jespang

I just given birth two mths ago at SGH. My doc is Dr Yu Su Ling. I hv to say that during my delivery those nurses that I come across are very friendly n helpful (I was in 20 hrs of labor so I met quite few nos of different nurses cos they hv shifts). My gynae didn't show up until my last 30min when my girl is coming out. But she is okay. Just that she alway very busy.

ahYing

I am seeing Dr Yu Su Ling too. Just wanna share my experience with you.

I had an ectopic pregnancy last june and I opt for injection instead of surgery to terminate the pregnancy. Last Oct I went for a scan and saw a dark shadow around my left tube where the ectopic was so i was worried and I went to see another doc at paragon because Dr Yu was overseas. The doc at paragon did a brief scan and suggested a surgery asap because he feels that it might be the dead sac not discharged yet. I almost agreed till my mum told me to reconsider.

I went back to Dr Yu when she came back and she suggested a test where they will insert saline water into my tubes to see whether they are blocked. I did the test and found out that my left tube is blocked. Dr Yu didn't want me to be worried so she provided many options for me but she told me that there is no need for a immediate surgery because there could be many reasons that the tube is blocked. A surgery might be detrimental to the already damaged or blocked tube. She assured me to just go try for a baby..if still don't have after half a yr, we'll think of other options. And...I got pregnant the next month! :001_302:

Just want to say that although Dr Yu is not those kind of sayang sayang and personal gynae, she make me feel very assured because she doesn't jump to conclusions and everything also surgery like the doc at paragon.

So can consider her :)

U almost due already right? How come u looking for gynea now?
my gynae is at TMC but bcos last wk have discharge and contraction... as i have been seeing this gynae since my last 2 pregnancy so this 1 i went back to her.. as she know that if i give birth now.. the bill will be very expensive so she ask me to admit to SGH... after staying at SGH for 8 days, i have request doctor to let me go home... so now i was at home bedrest till i give birth... i have also call my gynae to see if i should go back to her now.. but bcos i have already 2/3cm dilated she ask me to stay till full term than see how... as my 2nd son is c-sect so this 1 also c-sect... i very scare cos i don't know the doctor at SGH and how their skill... as for my gynae, she is a friendly and helpful gynae... and her skill is really gd cos at SGH doctor can't really see my c-sect area.. keep asking me to natural birth... and i told them my 2nd wan is c-sect... then they see carefully on my tummy than they can find the area...

anabella

Oh I see. Wah ur gynea sounds good. Anyway I gave birth at sgh early feb via c-section. I took dr davendra. If u looking for female gynea, a lot of pple take dr yu.. If u looking for very good skill, but less sayang sayang, u can take dr tan hak koon. I took dr davendra, becoz he's very comforting n will always patiently answer ur qns. He also specializes in high risk pregnancy. N I must say tt thanks to him, my babies were delivered before things becomes bad.

my gynae is at TMC but bcos last wk have discharge and contraction... as i have been seeing this gynae since my last 2 pregnancy so this 1 i went back to her.. as she know that if i give birth now.. the bill will be very expensive so she ask me to admit to SGH... after staying at SGH for 8 days, i have request doctor to let me go home... so now i was at home bedrest till i give birth... i have also call my gynae to see if i should go back to her now.. but bcos i have already 2/3cm dilated she ask me to stay till full term than see how... as my 2nd son is c-sect so this 1 also c-sect... i very scare cos i don't know the doctor at SGH and how their skill... as for my gynae, she is a friendly and helpful gynae... and her skill is really gd cos at SGH doctor can't really see my c-sect area.. keep asking me to natural birth... and i told them my 2nd wan is c-sect... then they see carefully on my tummy than they can find the area...

Oh I see. Wah your gynea sounds good. Anyway I gave birth at singapore general hospital early feb via c-section. I took dr davendra. If you looking for female gynea, a lot of pple take dr yu.. If you looking for very good skill, but less sayang sayang, you can take dr tan hak koon. I took dr davendra, becoz he's very comforting n will always patiently answer your qns. He also specializes in high risk pregnancy. N I must say that thanks to him, my babies were delivered before things becomes bad.
ya she is really gd... btw i saw dr davendra too... he is a nice gynae too... btw can i ask which class u stay??? how much is ur total bill when u discharge??? u have to pay can how much????

anabella

Cannot compare with me actually. Becoz I delivered premature twins. Plus I'm staff of sgh. I stayed in A1. I stayed for 5 days. Baby girl stayed in special care nursery for 5 days. Baby boy stayed in special care nursery for 10 days. Total bill for 3 of us was $ 13 k. I didn't have to pay deposit or cash coz I'm staff. Sgh paid $2k plus for me. The rest all hubby's medisave. I really took a gamble wen I took A1. Luckily no need pay cash.