any recommendations for toddler tricycle ?

ping26

hi mummies

I'd like to get a tricycle as Christmas present for my 19 mth old toddler.

would appreciate any recommendation & advice.

thanks, Ping

Ting

i think i got pin's tricycle from carrefourre? but she didnt ride it much though, perhaps less than 10 times only. =X then moved on to her bicycle. :)

cmeilim

we got a preloved one for my 17 mth old a couple of weeks ago. it's just the normal type with parents handle and footrest that one can buy from dept stores and kiddy palace. no specific brand. but parents handle and footrest are important because my boy's legs are not long enough to reach the pedals yet. so far, as we are working parents, we have only let my boy ride on it on weekends, for 3X, and he enjoyed being able to experience our neighbourhood on wheels. think it will still be a while before he is ready to graduate to a bicycle. if u r worried that investing in a brand new tricycle might not be so worth it, can source for a preloved in good condition at a fraction of the normal retail price.

ping26

thks for your replies.

I think I can get a lot of mileage from trike cos my baby's small-sized and only 19mth. Probably will be some time before she can pedal on her own. Plus I can sell it after she outgrows it. hee...

ping26

We brought her to a few places (ELC, toys r us, baby hyperstore) on Saturday. Our baby climbed in & out of nearly every ride-on. For trikes with a parent handle, she'll insist on pushing it. Is this normal behaviour??

Didn't buy anything cos hub said she wasn't ready for a trike :(

mrsmorgan

im looking for those parent-handle trikes too.. loe mothercare's smart trikes but the price.. :err: lol

how much were the ones u came across?