Any sahm trading forex?

mfqiu

Hi All,

I'm currently a FTWM. Expecting my no.2 and he will be due Feb next year. My dd is 3 yrs old now. Thinking of becoming a sahm after my delivery so that I can take care of my 2 baobeis myself and spend more time with them. However I do not wish to be 100% financially dependant on dh. Interested in forex trading but have "zero" knowledge. Have been considering to take up forex trading course and read up some books too. Any mummies doing pretty well in forex trading to earn some pocket money? Care to share?
TIA! :Dancing_tongue:

1568mummy

I'm a SAHM.
Have been trading for sometime now.
Options, Gold but not Forex.

For Forex, you can try Kishore, he is really good, but ultimately its YOU that determines the success. Know what I mean?
All the best!
:tlaugh:

mfqiu

I'm a stay at home mum.

For Forex, you can try Kishore, he is really good, but ultimately its YOU that determines the success. Know what I mean?
All the best!
Options? Is it very risky?

wenz

I'm a stay at home mum.

All the best!
how to get started? am interested too

Justina

hi mfqiu, how should i put it...i know about how to trade forex and i suggest you to read up www.babypips.com for a start. i'm not a professional trader but a stay at home mom with two kids and occasional monitor the forex market. I trade side by side with my hubby. But before you begin, pls tell yourself that this is NOT A GET RICH QUICK SCHEME and you need considerable amount of effort and patience to master the skill to trade. You also need to be a person who can stick to the rules and not be easily influenced by market movement.

In my opinion, give yourself 2 months to learn about the theories and another 2 months to demo trade and if you are satisfied with the trading results, you may trade with real money. But this may just be the rosy picture of it. Only trade with what you can affort to lose ok, do not trade with the money which you need to buy diapers.

It does not take a genuis to be a successful trader so good luck and wish you have a smooth pregnancy and delivery :)

mfqiu

hi mfqiu, how should i put it...i know about how to trade forex and i suggest you to read up www.babypips.com for a start. i'm not a professional trader but a stay at home mom with two kids and occasional monitor the forex market. I trade side by side with my hubby. But before you begin, pls tell yourself that this is NOT A GET RICH QUICK SCHEME and you need considerable amount of effort and patience to master the skill to trade. You also need to be a person who can stick to the rules and not be easily influenced by market movement.

In my opinion, give yourself 2 months to learn about the theories and another 2 months to demo trade and if you are satisfied with the trading results, you may trade with real money. But this may just be the rosy picture of it. Only trade with what you can affort to lose ok, do not trade with the money which you need to buy diapers.

It does not take a genuis to be a successful trader so good luck and wish you have a smooth pregnancy and delivery :)
Hi Justina, thanx for your valuable advice. Do you learn most of your trading knowledge thru this forex website? Or did you attend any course oso? I'm thinking of attending a forex course for a start. Wat do you think?:Dancing_biggrin:

1568mummy

Options? Is it very risky?
My dear, in everything there is risk and reward.
Without risk, there is no reward.
Everyone's threshold is different.
The amount of risk one can take is NOT the same as another's.

You have to try, to know if you can take the emotional stress, greed, fear and the monetary risk. Trading 'STRESS' is NOT FOR Everyone. I broke down many times, but I pulled myself up again. My Hubby gave up, 'cos he couldn't handle that stress. So without trying, you'll never know if you are suitable.

After trading for so long, I only have one advise:
With Increasing and Improving Knowledge, Risk is GREATLY reduced.

1568mummy

how to get started? am interested too
Take courses, my friend.
There are LOTS of them out there...

You can have the same teacher, but its the student that makes the difference.
I attended a course 3 years ago, my 'buddy' in my class skyrocketed, but I plunged to the sea....
so seriously, it doesn't really matter who you join, 'cos success and failure is up to you, not the teacher.

Justina

Hi Justina, thanx for your valuable advice. Do you learn most of your trading knowledge thru this forex website? Or did you attend any course also? I'm thinking of attending a forex course for a start. what do you think?:Dancing_biggrin:
Hi again,

Most welcome. I learned trading from all sources including some websites. But babypips.com, in my opinion, is the most comprehensive so far. There are books in the market written by Yeo Keong Hee, Nicolas Tan, Conrad which are quite good.

If you would like to attend courses, pls attend a few previews before you sign up for one to judge which coach's method best suits you. Trading largely depends on psychology so this is a good time to get to know yourself and what kind of trader you really are.

Attending a course will total up to 4 figures so be serious the investment and i truly hope you succeed because if each day if you're losing money somebody is winning it and vice versa.

Most importantly, i will still recommend you to read up as much as possible before you invest that amt of $ and get to know yourself if you're suitable to be trader...

Welcome to the world of trading :)

Elicia

I'm a stay at home mum.

All the best!
hihi 1568mummy, im interested in trading gold would like to get some knowledge in it. care to share? can add me in msn? elicia_chan@hotmail.com

tks ^^

edy

Administrator
Staff member
The minimum is enough to own the share for example in gold market you could trade in SPDR SPDR Gold Trust (ETF): NYSE:GLD quotes & news - Google Finance

Personally I find that gold price is too high for any more potential upside.

A lot of people asked, How much should i invest?

Keep 6 months worth of living expense
120-age=% you should invest

example you have 100K and age is 30 so that would be 120-30=90% 90K invest in the market.

Please read up Investopedia.com - Your Source For Investing Education as well.

Do NOT buy share based on rumor or tips from friends/relatives/best friends and etc. You need to understand the company or trade before jumping in.

Wish all of you good luck and HUAT!!!! :wong29:

Edy :001_302: