Any teacher mummies or mummies to be?

I m not going back for the meeting in nov but will go for those in last week of dec. my colleague MSG me n said lucky I m on ml. They r revamping the whole level worksheet n prog. So I will not b involved . Heng ah! U still need to go back?

felicity

rachelleling i was in the sch for less than a term in the second sem... then bb pops in august...

we usually do one lesson ob per sem also... if teach two subjects from diff dept even more cos both ur RO from ur dept and HOD of the other dept will wanna ob u! this year i only did one in the first sem.

i told RO my unpaid leave is until may and she wanted me to go and teach the extra lessons in june. but june pay is prorated cos i nv work from jan to may... probably will only be back for the meetings in june.

There r classes in jun? Extra lessons? Sigh sch is really getting tough. So many extra classes! I think by the time our kids go sch , we will b stressing out!

Wan ask. Since we all teachers, u think choice of pri sch impt? Or any pri sch will do? I hv differing views fr my hubby. He said any pri sch is ok but I think there is a diff so good to go a more reputable sch

msck

Felicity, u teaching sec sch eh? Upper sec? Cos i will have extra lessons for my graduatibg classes in june as well..

Rachelleling, i will bw conducting a 3 hours workshop in dec staff retreat. =( so got to meet. Sigh-!!

felicity

oh :( yea lor what kinda maternity leave is this? still hv to go back do work review etc, u even hv to conduct workshop! i was whining to my cousin who's also a teacher, and she said... what maternity leave? there will never be a real leave, unless you leave the service. i guess quite true. any holidays, maternity leave etc will still hv to do things, and even if need to take MC or childcare leave etc also hv to make sure prepare all the relief materials and nothing goes wrong for the lessons when you are not in.

anyway yea i teaching in sec sch. graduating classes will hv extra lessons.

Wat? conduct workshop? maternity leave lei! sigh..many pple still think being teachers is good life. in fact i find it is more taxing than most jobs. cos we still got to handle parents. some parents can be so unreasonable! sometimes i wonder if i will become such unreasonable parents! haha

msck

very upset now... that i have to complete the PPCR by tml... and i didn't know/ completely forget that there's 3 stages... so RO is waiting to approve my PRE-COURSE review. and the best part is- error in submitting.

VERY UPSET THAT I STILL MUST DO PPCR. THREE SOMEMORE.

Wah, lucky we r not so into tat. I haven done any in my 4 yrs of service! Anyway, my ro wants my epms by this mth end. I m thinking if I can pretend I din read emails. Sigh. This is so irritating! We r on leave! Leave us alone!!!!

msck

I finished my epms. but the ppcr. OMG. sigh..

AND, tuesday i got to go back sch. and before that i have to prepare some 'skeletal' slides on what i will be covering in the dec staff workshop. CRAP. I havent even started. STRESSED X 1000. i think this has greatly affected my milk supply.

felicity

I finished one ppcr, epms n updated traisi n printed the list of my training hours... All sent to my RO n I went back with baby to sign already... At least now settled... now there's a fridge for bm in my sch but no more nursing room! ><

Yea msck I can understand! U poor thing!! W all the time spent on bb already hardly any time to do my epms n struggling.. U still hv to do slides?! Sigh... Hope it'll be over soon!!

Last edited:
Hi fellow teaching mommies,

Some question regarding no pay leave. I am aware that we are entitle to take up to 2 years no pay leave if we have children under age 4 or to accompany spouse oversea.

My P is not approving my leave.
What should i do now? I am quite desperate as i have no one to look after my young infant.

I understand that if we take NPL of more than 180 days we might be posted out of our existing school. I am fine with it... but seems like my P isnt gonna approve it.
He was quite lenient and open with leave and such. But there is too much preggers and colleagues's on NPL recently. I think that is why he stopped approving

May i know can he reject ?
I think i am relatively a good staff... less than 2-3 MC a year. Never late for sch... grading B, C but why is he not approving!!! Sigh
My RO is appealing for me to P but it has been almost a week and no news. I dont want to bug him but im getting worried...

msck

oh dear.. maybe ur p out of Singapore? all the best to u!!!

and I have second problem. there will be 2 full days workshop in Dec. it will be out of sch in some club house. I dunno how am I going to store my milk!!!! I hope there's nursing room. but I dun think there's fridge for me... how!? 8-6!!!!

how are all the teacher mummies coping? sch is starting soon! ARGH!!!

i have a big prob now. my gal refused bott after fully latching her for almost 3 mths. My fault for not intro bott earlier. sigh. we started giving bott to her since sun. she only drinks the most 40ml of EBM for a period of 5 hours. then, became a hungry monster and kept latching at night. so much so that she could not sleep thru the night like she did at first. sigh. only today after i changed to NUK that she was able to suck 50ml of EBM after a latch 3 hours ago. i hope things will be beta cos i need to be back to sch next thu and fri! worst come to worst, if she still cannot take bott, my in laws will have to bring her to my sch during my break for me to bf her.

felicity

steffywoofy it's been a mth, gotten ur leave approved? I guess u just hv to put it across firmly that even if he doesn't approve he won't be seeing u n it's not u want to AWOL it's cos u really need to be there cos who else to look after ur bb?! Let them know it's not a want to stay w ur bb, it's a need!!

msck did u manage? Bring a cooler bag w ice pack along n store?

rachelleling how's the situation now? Maybe u can try to take half a day off n go out n let ur in laws take care n feed her... My girl suddenly started to reject bottle around week 6-7 but slowly she begin to take again... I tried to go out without her n let mil take care. Initially mil says bb fuss a lot n cried a lot n hv to battle for very very long b4 she takes the bottle... Guess hv to be super hungry then she'll take. Eventually it got better and now she will take n drink v quickly. Dec is a time when I hv a lot of gatherings w old friends n esp teaching friends, friends from pgde n gesl etc... For dinner i'll be out till pass bb bedtime so I will go without baby. I pump n store for mil to bott feed her. I still latch her exclusively when I'm w her, whether at home or outside.

Hi felicity,

thanks for asking! :)
sadly my NPL was declined!
Was told to take 1 year instead (so that the sch dont have to hold the vacancy for me, hence i will be post out) Sigh
Hope that my nx sch will be near my home...
So much for encouraging us to give birth but lack support.
Jus have to be thrifty from now on and watch our spending... :)

felicity

oh dear... ya, how can we feedback this lack of support?! i think policy makers are thinking they've done everything they could but they didn't know due to constraints in schools, not every leave can be approved... so taking NPL is not an entitlement but a privilege for us? hmmm...

nevermind, take the 1 year to bond with your baby and witness all the milestones~ :D

Merry Christmas all teaching mummies!! :)

msck

helo! yup. for the seminar... I was told tt I can store in their staff pantry fridge... hope all things turn out well. cos I will be conducting for 1.5hours workshop.

omg. I was given sec 3, 4 5!!! thank god next year is dragon year, huge intake! so I will be teaching a 1nt insteaf of 5na. otherwise. gone case!!! no need to go home already.

how Abt try adjunct? my fren switched to adjunct. think Fri no sch for her!

Sch is starting!! I hv A big prob. My gal is refusing bott. She can go 5 hours on only 20ml of ebm. We hv been forcing her to take bott for one week Liao n no progress. Worse still now she would rather go hungry in the noon n then keep waking up at night to feed. At first she could zzz 5 hours straight without waking in the night. Now every 2-3 hours she wakes up to feed. Then noon time can zzz 4 hours tat kind. Think she trying to switch day n night. Sigh I rely dunno how. My mil said worse come to worse, she brings her to my sch during my break to feed. Can't imagine tat happening!! I Shd hv given bott earlier but I was just too comfy with latching without having to wash or prep anything. SiSigh mcsk, I suggest u bring a ziplock to put your ebm n then put in their fridge to store cos I hv seen really dirty n smelly fridge. So putting in ziplock seems a bit safer.

msck

in the workshop now. they opened a small room for me to pump milk. thank goodness!

n I totally miss my bb now. she's so cute n adorable! ! even after we had her gair shaved, still as cute!!!