Any teacher mummies or mummies to be?

I think this week is every teachers nightmare cos we r all in a state of denial tat ssch is opening soon!!! I m latching my gal now. She is smiling while dream latching. Looking at get face, how to hv heart to go back work?

I dun dare to give bott at night cos I worry she will b starved. Sigh later the nx feed bott again n see how. I got the nuk latex teat. Hopefully it works

msck

so sad.. these few days 7am left hse tikl 7pm reached home... n bb dun wan to latch on me anymore... she prefer bottles... I tried to feed her the whole day.. but she cried everytime.

=(

Sigh, it's better than me. My gal doesn't want bott!! She would rAtger go hungry than to drink fr bott. She can go 5 hours on 50ml of ebm n then suck hungrily when I m home. Then night time she kept waking up to feed. No more Zz thru the night for 5 hours straight. Sigh when sch reopens, I m going to b very very tired. Lucky she is having growth spurt now n kept latching. If growth spurt when I go back to work, Jia lat loh. Now she kept wanting to latch every 2 hours. Then very diff to zzz. Poor me! Tot can rest well before returning to work....

felicity

rachelleling ur baby managed to feed from bottle when u r at work?

although i'm on npl, i cannot imagine how i'm gg to face reality when sch reopens in term 3... already feeling the reluctance although still far away... dunno good or bad to take npl. now bb super sticky to me and i'm super sticky to my bb. my friend got it worse. she took 1 year npl n her son is so sticky to her that when we had gathering at a friend's place, when she went toilet, he wailed. and she tried to put him at a nanny, when she not around the son just throw tantrum and cannot behave, in the end the nanny gave up and say cannot help her anymore... so she just gotten a maid. i wonder how's her son as she started school this week too. ok time to msg my friend and ask her...

hope all of u r coping fine. next time i'll need coping strategies from all of u... hope we are always here to listen to one another!

Sigh, felicity, my baby still doesn't like bott. I go off at 11am this feeding her at 10.30. Then she can zzzz n feed only once at 3 or 4 like tat, drinking only about 70ml.then wait till I got home at 7.30, she suckled non stop till 8 plus. Then thereafter is 2-3 hourly feed. Previously she could zzz 5 hours straight at night but now she zzz 4 hours straight in the day n keep waking at night to feed. The schedule is like opposite now. First week is like tat. Hopefully things will improve.

msck

sigh. guess mine is a happy prob tt she doesn't want my breasts anymore. I feel a sense of losss though.

n so shag to wake up to pump milk... pump before leaving hse. sigh. but tts the only think I xan do as a working mom... cos every day I only get to play w her for like 2 hours before she zzzz..

n my hubby who is a teacher are overseas for 8 days. sigh. sch just started n he got to bring kids overseas. double sadness

Msck, so where do u pump in sch? Place clean? Ya yours a happier prob than mine. Everyday I'll b like thinking how much she's drinking while in sch. I fully latched over the weekend. Hopefully today Monday she won't b tat cranky with the bott!

I realize my squirting prob is worse now tat I started pumping. Then my gal will b super irritated with the squirts n started to cry. Sigh. How I wish maternity is one yr! Then I can latch fully without giving the bott!

msck

totally.. I miss her giggling before mam mam and the satisfying smile after tt. sigh

first day of sch I pumped in the printing room in general office. it's real bad experience. the place is small n dusty. n worse those eos kept asking who's inside and asked what am I doing inside!!! imagine I shoutef back n said pumping milk! and a few asked during tt 15min. omg. it was insane. I was so upset n shared w my mentor. thank god my mentor let me use the kp meeting room. its quieter n cleaner.

U hv to get mc fr pd. the mc will b under her name. Then u can take child care leave with mc. Actually, we r entitled to 6 days if ccl. It can b all without mc or mix(with mc or without) but with mc is max at 5 days. So if u taje 5 days of ccl with mc, the remaining 1 day is without mc. If no more ccl, I usu take mc myself. Easier also. How r u coping? My gal is a little better with bott this week. She drinks 90ml after 4 hours at about 3 plus then she waits for me to come back at 7 to feed. I m going to gv her bott this sat n sun too. Just in case she doesn't wan bott on mon!!

msck

mine totally dun wan my breasts.... =(

oh.. so max 6 days. can all 6 days be without mc?? does it matter if my hubby also a teacher?? each of us has 6 right?,

Yeah, each of u have 6 days. By right it is ok to take all 6 days without mc but then some p may not like. My ex p will keep questioning why taking the leave without mc. So I got so fed up with explaining that I rather take with mc. So if your p not so pro family, beta get the leave with mc as much as possible else not so gd la. Is a fact that some p not pro family n would think we take ccl without mc for other Purposes n mark us down. So u see how your p is n the. Decide wat to do loh.

diza

My P is the type who requires MC if we want to take CCL. If I'm not mistaken for PCL, no need MC right? After 4 weeks in sch, I seem to be getting the hang of it. Prob I'm a workaholic so with the numerous responsibilities I have at sch, I still can manage my time. Thankfully I have a supportive husband and parents. But my extended family members don't seem to understand that I'm so busy and have no time to attend their gatherings.. It became a big issue and I was very affected by their remarks.. Do u guys have time to attend to family gatherings?? I'm not referring to immediate family like with ur siblings or in-laws but with it cousins, aunts and uncles?

What is PCL? that one is for the hubby to take when wife gave birth? Diza, if your P is so fussy about it, you can take 5 CCL with MC and 1 day extra CCL without MC. it is your entitlement!

hmmm... i m not so close to my extended family so i dun have such issues. for me, now weekend on sat or sun evening, i go to my mum place and then no more family gathering since my in laws are staying with me. but i really hv not much time for "me" time. the most is to have 2 hours go to causeway point, come back and then look after kids. dun b bothered by their remarks cos you know your ownself better. if meeting them is not your priority, then dun force yourself. priotise very important now since we have less time.

diza

Yah very true. Only teachers can understand teachers.. Anyway PCL is parents care leave. We have 2 days per yr. If I'm not mistaken, can take without ML.

msck

same.. totally no time. my birthday was crap too. my bb has injection tt day. fever n cranky. sigh.

n my hubby is so tired everyday. I told my bb never marry a responsible teacher. I myself tried my best to spend time w her. so weekend was almost the only time I can.. cos I every day 630'-630.. even shopping in causeway point also done in hurry...

Parents care leave is for us to take care of parents? Tat day my colleague just took n she said office wants to see her dads mc. Hmmmm....
Anyway sigh I kena block ducts on fri 4am. I was so tired I missed the 2am pump. Then kena blocked. My supply dipped very low. Very demoralized now. Things are made worst cause my gal doesn't wan bott. So she's very frustrated tat there is no milk coming out fr my boobs. I nearly cried just now cos she was so hungry she sucked for 10 min , no milk, she dozed off with hunger. I m very very very down now. I m really willing to exchange anything for my supply back. I feel like taking mc n just rest at home but then I will b far behind syllabus if I do tat. Sigh ....

diza

Yah.. PCL is to take care of parents or in-laws if they fall sick. Can use it to accompany them for check-up. I guess if we ever need it, just take MC under their name lor.

Anyway my supply drop too. Quite sad coz I can go on without pumping for more than 5 hours and I don't feel engorged. That means supply now decreasing.. But if it continues to dip drastically, I will trick my body by pumping on one side and latching on the other. Thankfully I have a lot of frozen EBM. So now, I will pump the same amt of milk that I thaw. I make it a point to pump twice if I have to stay in sch till after 5pm. Otherwise, by 2pm, I'd pack up and go.

msck

I can feel a dip too.. But i feel damn rejected n hate working ever since she had nursing strike. She totally dun wan to latch on ever since tt dec workshop.. Upset. Till now. Its like she rather cry n wait...

N i see her so close to my helper... Made me wonder so wat if students love hanging w me n my own doesnt..... =(

Btw... Wat time do u manage to leave sch? I always leave at 6 n still cannot finish my work...

N i pump at 5+, then in sch 12+ pump again. N then home at 6+ to pump...