Any teacher mummies or mummies to be?

hi ladies!!! Been a while since I log in here. The workload is crazy! I am often so deprived of zzz!! basically, the main reason for the lack of zzz is cos my gal rejecting bottles after happily latching for first 3 mths. as she hibernates in the day to avoid the bott, she wakes up more at night to feed. sigh. she is starting to drink more in the day and I just started her on cereals as she just turned 6 mths. So hopefully she can zzz longer at night. else I will really go very crazy!! I am in the noon session, so, I usually feed her at 10am. then I try to pump at 12.30pm. if not will drag till 3pm to pump. if I pump at 12.30, I will drag till 4 to pump. then when reach home at 7, she will latch. I try not to drag pump for too long cos I kena blocked ducts twice and it is no fun at all. we are lucky we have a dedicated small nursing room which is a section in our lounge. so quite conducive to pump. my supply is quite ok. still enough for my gal. used to have oversupply but think it adjusted and now just nice and I can store a bit everyday. but then, store also no use cos she might not want to drink. sigh. I m seriously thinking of taking part time or adjunct or totally just no pay. I cannot take the workload. too heavy esp when I have another toddler at home to spend time with. just recently, cos I had to set paper, I slept at 5am for 2 nights and thus, only like 2 hours per day. it was horrible. I m very stressed up and I have little time for work. you know la, in sch, where got time to sit down to mark or plan lesson. so many meetings. and so, have to bring hom to work. I m really too stressed liao......

msck

Yup yup. Totally crazy.

I have Engorged breasts very often since March cos there's change in my timetable. 6am to 6pm no time vto pump. Really bad. I had our of shaped breasts for a while. Like now, blocked again. N so far, alot of things i have to asked for time extension.

N I still have bond. But I intend to quit or become adjunct in 2015. I want to spend more time w my bb, not other ppl's children. It's either or. it's hard to be a responsible teacher when u want to be a responsible mom.

Yup yup. Totally crazy.

I have Engorged breasts very often since March cos there's change in my timetable. 6am to 6pm no time vto pump. Really bad. I had our of shaped breasts for a while. Like now, blocked again. N so far, alot of things i have to asked for time extension.

N I still have bond. But I intend to quit or become adjunct in 2015. I want to spend more time w my bb, not other ppl's children. It's either or. it's hard to be a responsible teacher when u want to be a responsible mom.
Oh dear, I am on contract...i can still not sign the bond....i dunno. hows adjunct teachers' pay like?

diza

I It's hard to be a responsible teacher when u want to be a responsible mom.
I agree to this statement. But I love teaching my kids too. Prob coz I'm teaching lower Pri and the kids are still innocent and cute. Even if I want to take NPL, I'd wait till the year ends.

diza

Crazily busy! Must know how to manage time well and your hubby must be the supportive sort. Otherwise can have a lot of misunderstanding.. BUT if you have the passion, go ahead. :) Despite the crazy amount of work, I'm still a teacher coz I love to teach. You can try to apply and most likely they will enrol u as a contract teacher for at least a yr and from there, u can decide if this is the career for you. But life as a FT trained teacher is slightly harder than a contract teacher as you will need to do many things to build ur portfolio.

Yes, agree with Diza. U need to hv the passion to teach. Else it will b a struggle. I love teaching kids. Love their innocence. But the non teaching work is really draining me out. Sigh. I think nowadays it is required tat u go for contract teaching before going Nie. So Gd time to see if u really want to join teaching. If your degree is engineering or those pure sciences, math or Eng, usu they post u to sec sch. But if is biz degree, there's a chance to b posted to pri. Even if they offer u sec sch, u can always write in to appeal for change in level

diza

U can't really choose which subjects u want to teach in pri sch. but u can definitely request frm the P. In general, all teacher teach at least 3 subjects and even more if u are the form teacher. I'm teaching 7 subjects. EL, MA and other non-core subjects like music, social studies and etc. That's y need a lot of passion to be a teacher.. The admin work has killed my desire to work as a teacher a LONG TIME AGO but it's the passion that keeps me going.

sandlum

Hi I am a teacher, currently on part time load. My hubby and I are planning to have another child. Does any one know, if I go on maternity leave, if the 4 mth paid leave the part time pay or full pay? Many thanks...

rachelcsh

dont't miss the deals...
Slimming service @ home.. massage.. mini sauna.. and radio frequency.. faradic and G5.. 10 session @ $350
Facial @ $50
Waxing @ $15
Bikini Wax @ $40
Jamu Post natal massage @ $550 for 10 sessions (including around 75 mins of massage and wrap materials)
Call 96425955 to find out more!!

Hayley

H all. May I check if anyone was tasked to stay overnight at school for camps or go for overseas trip during pregnancy? Is it ok to reject if uncomfy?