Any1 try Contraceptive pills b4 ?

Queenbabe

Hi ,

Any Mummies try contraceptive pills b4 ?
Any Side effects ?

How much it cost ?
Any Mummies try but still get pregnant after that ?

Pls Advice , Thanks !

yellowpudding

Tried Yasmin before.
Side Effects for me is dry mouth and slight weight gain.
$28 - $30 (can't really remember)
Was on pills for a year plus, rest for a year before trying for baby. :)

yellowpudding

thats the common side effects dear. there are quite a few different types around so I guess the side effects differ for individuals :)

hi

u can try the patch, never use but heard that it does not casue much weight gain, in fact none. that what my gyne nurse said. :)

joeichen

I tried Mercilon, seem ok for me.... didnt have side effect but infact I seem lost abit weight. I use it abt few mths n got pregnant soon after stop...

CanCanMum

its best to not use Contraceptive pills on a long term basis.....coz some of the side effects u will still have even though u stopped....oso i have heard of so many woman suffering from ovarian cysts....scary leh....

but oso cannot help it la.....if we need 99% safe birth control methods....

So i gathered Yasmin and Mercilon is a more trusted pill.....

how long have u all took the pills? I mean before TTC?

I was wondering if i shd take oso ....... scared to really pop number 2 leh.....

Queenbabe

huh , sounds scary leh .. will have side effect for the health omg ..
CanCanDar prepared for num 2 then hehe .

yellowpudding

its best to not use Contraceptive pills on a long term basis.....coz some of the side effects u will still have even though u stopped....oso i have heard of so many woman suffering from ovarian cysts....scary leh....

but oso cannot help it la.....if we need 99% safe birth control methods....

So i gathered Yasmin and Mercilon is a more trusted pill.....

how long have u all took the pills? I mean before TTC?

I was wondering if i shd take oso ....... scared to really pop number 2 leh.....
was on it for a year dear. :) but remember if you want to TTC, have to stop at least for a few months to make sure it's flushed out of your system. I chose to stop for a year before I dare to TTC.

CanCanMum

was on it for a year dear. :) but remember if you want to TTC, have to stop at least for a few months to make sure it's flushed out of your system. I chose to stop for a year before I dare to TTC.
oh oh so any side effects like heavy menstrual cramps or flow or someding?

wenz

was on Diana 35 for 1 year, no weight gain and had very nice skin...
no side effect also and i love the control of knowing exactly when my menses comes and stop, no mess at all, spotting also wun last longer den 2days...

i stop for about 1year and am expecting my DS now... so far so gd for me...

CanCanMum

was on Diana 35 for 1 year, no weight gain and had very nice skin...
no side effect also and i love the control of knowing exactly when my menses comes and stop, no mess at all, spotting also wun last longer den 2days...

i stop for about 1year and am expecting my DS now... so far so gd for me...
can u elaborate on the very nice skin thingy???

:001_302::001_302::001_302:

wenz

Diana 35 is well-known for acne skin, some doc even prescribe this for serious acne prob ladies, it control the oil and reduce outbreak... i had very nice skin, matt and smooth...

was prescribed Diana 35 cos after my DD i was diagnose with serious hormone imbalanced whereby my menses will come later and later every month, will have bad skin, become fat and even hairy so my gynae ask me take Diana 35 to balance my hormones and at the same time for contraceptive method...

i did not experience any side effect at all and my weight maintain at 45kgs, never gain weight either...

i tried depo(jab at buttock tat last for 3months) long long time ago, its causes weight gain, water retention and body and breath odour for me, very bad... so i stop..