Anybody have experience with Dr. Ang Huai Yan from Gleneagle?

jws

Hi MTBs & FTBs,
My wife is currently 8 wks pregnant and we are looking for a good gynae with reasonable charging. Thus, we were informed of several doctors: -
- Dr. Ang Huai Yan
- Dr Chew S Y
Just wondering if anybody had any experience with Dr. Ang Huai Yan or Dr. Chew S Y from Gleneagle and their prenatal package?

Appreciate your advise. Thanks.
JWS

Stan

Hi JWS,

I am using Dr Ang Huai Yan at Gleneagles. She is very patient with all my many questions since i am a first timer. There was this once i called up to ask a question which i totally forgot during the consultation... Dr Ang called me back personally after her consultation hours that very day to talk to me... so i was quite happy with that as she didnt ask her assistants to relay the message. For me i also prefer a female gynae... more comfortable...
I think the prenatal package is reasonable bah... not sure about other gynaes though...
The waiting time for consultation is quite long though.
Hope this helps.

Stan

may i know where is her clinic?
Her clinic/consultation timings as follow:
Wkdays mornings : Clifford Centre at Raffles place
Wkdays afternoons and Sat mornings: Gleneagles Medical Centre

You can choose to deliver at Gleneagles or Mt A.

Last edited:

cheekbe

Hi MTBs & FTBs,
My wife is currently 8 wks pregnant and we are looking for a good gynae with reasonable charging. Thus, we were informed of several doctors: -
- Dr. Ang Huai Yan
- Dr Chew S why
Just wondering if anybody had any experience with Dr. Ang Huai Yan or Dr. Chew S why from Gleneagle and their prenatal package?

Appreciate your advise. Thanks.
JWS

Hi jws: which gynea did you go to in the end? I went to Dr Chew for my smear test last year...just found out I'm pregnant so wondering if she's good for ante natal care/ delivery....

Hi hi,

Dr. Ang was my gynae in year 2006 and has performed an laproscopy on me. She is gentle, caring and attentive. Knowing my fear for ops, she went into the OT earlier as per promised to calm me down.

Due to some complication, I went to SGH for some cost saving treatment. Now that I'm pregnant, I'm now considering to go back to her.

:Dancing_wub:

engel

Is she good in c-section, especially complicated cases when baby is behind the placenta?
Dr Ang was my gynea for both my girls... Though mine was both normal, her stitching was good; healed pretty fast.
She's good for mtbs who do not like naggy gyneas ... She gets to the point and answers your queries which was good for me as I hate too many dos and donts, and totally supports me being active :)

Smurfete

Hi Smurfete,

care to share her consultation charges and package with me? i suspect i'm pregnant and hence looking for a good gynae. TIA*!

iam_caroline@hotmail.com
I start seeing her at week15. She charges me 120 for first consultation and 90 for ultras an. Then I signed a package with her from 19 weeks ($1000) until delivery. Routine checkup and vitamins included, detailed scan and blood test excluded

chewthegum

Hi Smurfete,

thanks so much for your reply! just realised you're staying in JW? me too!
price seems quite reasonable and do you know if she is more to pro-natural?
when is your EDD? :)

Smurfete

Hi Smurfete,

thanks so much for your reply! just realised you're staying in JW? me too!
price seems quite reasonable and do you know if she is more to pro-natural?
when is your EDD? :)
My EDD is 2nd May. Not sure if she is pro-natural. But i believe it should depend on the condition bah.

icysheens

hi hi im first time mom n im considering dr ang from gleneagles...can someone pls share her contact details n breakdown of the costs from consultation to delivery.....thanks!cheerS!

Smurfete

I start seeing her at week15. She charges me 120 for first consultation and 90 for ultras an. Then I signed a package with her from 19 weeks ($1000) until delivery. Routine checkup and vitamins included, detailed scan and blood test excluded \

Delivery + 3 ward visits = $4200. Quite pricey but her skills is very good. I dunno how to push and tired. Then she comes in, press my tummy, 5 minutes later baby is borned. Minimal blood lost

rain_drop

Just to bring to everyone's notice:

We have received a legal letter from Dr Ang Huai Yan to remove this post. While we evaluate the legalties of our case, we have been advised by our lawyers to remove this posting until further notice.

I want to remind Dr Ang Huai about Streisand Effect. You can threaten us to keep quiet but rest assured, the truth will come out in the open.

Last edited:

Smurfete

Hi Kayvan,

I believe no words of consolations can alleviate your pain and disappointment. Nonetheless, please be brave and move on. You will be soon blessed with another beautiful child on the way.

I had a very bad experience with this doctor. I found this doc through some online reviews but my personal experience with her is seriously a horror. My husband & I are expats & I guess only singaporeans are treated well in here. Its really sad. My first visit with her was at week 21 & i had to pay a fee of SGD 377 ( all in ultrasound SGD 120, Consultation SGD 120 & balance for vitamins which i already have at home. We visited her as per schedule. Though our appointment sometimes given were 2.30pm but she often comes in close to 3pm. We often arrived at the clinic ( Gleneagles- International Women's Clinic) by 2pm or so & there are already patients waiting at the clinic. We spent more time waiting & being consulted by the doc. She is always in a rush & she seems inexperienced.

We did a detailed scan at Gleneagles at week 22. All was perfectly fine. No abnormalities & everything was good. My pregnancy progressed well. She had always stressed me out on my weight, as i come from a family background that are big in size. So she was saying that I may have diabetes as I have gained too much weight. I wasn't really concern about my weight but more abt baby's well being. Since it was my first pregnancy there were many things I expected her to share with me, unfortunately nothin like that happened. I did ask her that I wasn't so sure of baby's movements & if there was a way to keep track of baby's movements? She says that I will not know as this is my first pregnancy. So fine.

This is very recent case. 1st Nov 2012, i had a routine checkup with her. I asked her if baby's movements lessens as pregnancy progresses? She replied saying movements of baby should be the same & i also told her that my baby's movement have lessen lately. She says the same thing again that it's my first pregnancy & so on. I had fever just few days before my appt on the 1st Nov 2012, she says I could take panadol & there's no harm to the baby. I was not very convinced with her explanation. My husband was really concern about the baby as she says the ultrasound was clear to give exact reading of weight & size. Even she checked heartbeat & says all was fine. We spent 15-20mins with her. Husband then asked her when will i know it time for labor, she says this " first thing i will spot is blood & i should not panic but when water bag breaks I should rush to the hospital" being first time, I have no idea what were contractions as I have always thought the contractions I was getting is baby's movement. I got mild contractions on the night of 3rd Nov 2012 but since doc had mentioned the first thing I will spot is blood so I thought it was just some mild pain.

4th Nov 2012 Sunday, i woke up to pee at 7.30am, i spotted blood & i woke my husband. Husband called the doctor's emergency line. She called me back at about 8.30am & asked if i had pains. I said I am bleeding & i'm having severe pain at the lower abdomen. She says come to hospital by 9am. My husband rushed me to hospital & nurses took over. They kept checking for heartbeat since i had arrived there & they couldn't find any heartbeat. Doc came at 10.30am checked me & she says no heartbeat is not good sign. She then announced my baby was no more as there was no heartbeat at all. Now, this was something so difficult to accept. Then one of the labor room nurses informed me that when she checked me, there was green mucus which means baby was distressed & passed motion. This she did not told me as she wanted the doc to confirm this. As a patient there are many things I want to know, but sadly the doc didnt say anything at all & left. I was so in pain & having to deal with grief at the same time wasnt so easy. I was in the labor room from 9.30am - 6pm. I delivered to a still baby at 4pm. The noon shift Staff nurse name Evelyn was extremely compassionate. She helped out throughout delivery & during my pushes. Dr HY Ang then stepped in when the baby's head was already visible. She came in during the last 2 pushes & did the stitches.

It was so sad having to lose my 37 weeks baby. 2.5kg 41cm long & no abnormalities. Husband wanted to know what caused all this. She claimed after the delivery that the umbilical cord was short 30cm only. As baby was preparing to push down & there was no blood supply to the cord. OMG!!! This is the worst experience of my life. We expected her to make us understand what caused all this & what are the chances for our next baby. She did not explain about the stitches & if i have to come back for review.

I was then shifted to the ward at 6.30pm. Doc says that she'll give me something to sleep so i could rest. No medicines were given to me that night. I had hard time sleeping. The pain & grief was too much to bear. Doc came in the next day at 10.45am to check the wound. She seemed so in a rush with her handbag hanging in her left hand & with her right hand she is checking my wound. so in hurry she was. I then had to ask her about the stitches, when do i review only then she says it dissolvable. Husband asked when do we come back to see her, she says after a month. She sent a counsellor to help us deal with the grief we were going through. I thank god for having such a wonderful husband who supported me every single minute. He was upset too but yet she gave me the encouragement that we could try again.

I seriously feel if she would've given me accurate info on labor, my baby could've been in my arms today. I lost my baby girl on the 4th Nov 2012. I seriously will not recommend this doctor to anyone, if you are a first time mummy.

Best wishes to all new moms & mom to be.

doula di

Kayvan - I did not see your posting until today. I am so sorry for your loss. I understand your grief and anger at the lack of medical and emotional support you needed. I know it has been months, but please call me if you would like to talk about your loss. I am a doula, childbirth educator and hypnotherapist. I too, have experienced losses similar to yours. 65364626