Anybody know about music for kids?

Bel1nda

Hi, I've been following the forum for a while, first time posting here. I've been blessed with 2 wonderful boys, and I heard that music is useful for my kids' early education. Does anyone have any recommendations? I heard from my friends about a good place called Kindermusik. Would know more about them thru an upcoming seminar this week held together with Finexis. Has anyone sent their kids to Kindermusik before?

My friend sent me this link to register for the event http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5VP8KLW. I think it is a combined thing with other companies, my friend said it is not bad, so i am just going to take a look.

JuliaKT

Hi, Nice to meet you.

For me, I just turn on nursery songs, lullabies, and any music which is soothing for my baby. During my pregnancy, I also bought Lovely Baby CD by Raymond Lap and played every night..
Now, also turning on the music at night if my baby is so alert and doesn't want to sleep. Once the music is on, she will quietly sleep later on. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuolU840ZXk
I heard the it is good for kids to learn one musical instrument and by doing so could make them smarter (especially good in the maths). Not sure, if it is true or not.

Btw, how was the event you mentioned? Did you go and found anything special in the event?

Adeline Lee

Hi, I have a friend who sent her daughters to kids music hub. I personally have not tried that because my children are grown up. I heard the teacher is very experienced and very good with young kids. The link is Kids' Music Hub - HOME All the best.

I let my kids listen to mozzart. I read somewhere that this music is good for the development of the baby's brain. I also notice that my children are more calm when mozzart is playing.

I also have 2 boys. I let them listen to classicals at night and Chinese nursery rhymes in the car.
Thinking of letting the older one learn piano when he is 3 years old.

Any recommendation for music schools around the east area for toddlers?

I enrolled.my child to yamaha music wondeland at tampines mall, my gal enjoys it cause the teacher was really good, patience and loves children, and parent get to sit with the child amd learn togwther qhich promotes bonding :)

lucy74

Hi Belinda. I just happened to come across your query. There's this school at AngMoKio Central that conducts Eurhythmics for children aged 2-6. I was recommended by a friend and enrolled my 2children (then 3 & 5yrs) 2 years ago. It was really fulfilling to see my kids enjoying moving their bodies to expressively timed music. This course actually prepared my children for a music course of their choice. They were experimenting with various instruments and with that, we realised that our children favoured different instruments. My elder who is now 7yrs is taking up violin with this same school and the little one has just started on her piano lessons. They were in a way more prepared than other kids, having been exposed to various rhythms and musical instruments. I must say I'm very happy with the school, so are my children. So if you're still looking for a good one, I would strongly recommend that you give Verve Music School a call. Their tel. is 6554 4097. Hope this helps.

Hi, I've been following the forum for a while, first time posting here. I've been blessed with 2 wonderful boys, and I heard that music is useful for my kids' early education. Does anyone have any recommendations? I heard from my friends about a good place called Kindermusik. Would know more about them thru an upcoming seminar this week held together with Finexis. Has anyone sent their kids to Kindermusik before?

My friend sent me this link to register for the event http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5VP8KLW. I think it is a combined thing with other companies, my friend said it is not bad, so i am just going to take a look.

yellow matchbox

Hi Belinda and other mummies,

just sharing about my experience. My son started his piano lesson 2 years ago with About Music, after a friend recommended us to go for a free trial class, and I thought why not? The teachers there are young, yet qualified and very personal. Their website is www.aboutmusic.com.sg/courses/piano-lessons.

What I really like is that, unlike Yamaaha which has a very rigid schedule and lesson plan, this school allows their tutors to vary the lesson plans based on the needs of the kids. So my boy was a little slow and shy at first, but the tutor was able to customise to his learning pace and needs. He really liked it, so much so that he was able to accelerate his learning by the 3rd month! This is like red carpet experience, but pricing is much more affordable than the big schools. And i dont't know if other schools allow that, but they allow me to sit in their lessons to help calm him down. The only thing is it may be a bit inconvenient if you dont't drive. It's at Bt Timah, the old fire station there. But it's free parking, if that's a bonus.

I am planning to enroll my daughter in Jan.