Anyone else with such a sisterinlaw?

stonston

Good that she finally back off!
& good that ur MIL sides you!

Now if she blows her top again, everyone will know she's at fault so you just ignore her :)

Wah u really did a good job! N u r so lucky tat your mother-in-law & your hubby r at your side.:001_302:
My blood was boiling when i read abt your sis-in-law jus now!:bmad:

mysonftw

thankyou ladies for your encouragement.

i wouldn't have the courage to do it if i didnt get the moral support from you gals. by posting my terrible situation here, i managed to get a gauge of where i stand. i know that its not alright to quietly endure, coz by enduring it will not solve the issue.

and im glad i got this whole Mama issue off my chest. ya, now im sure she wont address herself as Mama to my son. Unless she do it behind my back to spite me, i wont know.

Even though Im thankful that my hubby and MIL on my side, i still have to face this SIL of mine when i pick my son up from work. So far this week, it happened once. She ignored me and went inside her room. Oh well, guess i either have to tolerate it or simply not go to my mil's house for dinner anymore lor.

apollo

hi ladies, thank you for all your encouraging words. i finally did it. i wrote her an email and sent it to her.

and as expected, she blew her top.

i wrote a very neutral tone email asking her to put herself in my shoes coz she's also a mummy so she must be able to understand why i want that exclusive Mummy/Mama title to only refer to me. I also told her that I dont want her husband to be referred to as Papa. I told her that she already has a daughter and a soon to be born child who will refer to them as Mama and Papa, so pls let me and hubby enjoy this privilegded title with our son.

SHE BLEW HER TOP and scolded everyone. She even scolded her own mom coz she said her mom sided with me. But my mother in law is very fair person. she knows what is right and what is wrong.

When my husband asked her what she was angry about, she started scold mother scold fatehr again . Then my husband ask her, you not happy my wife ask you to call yourself gugu? she no, she's ok with that. then she say, why must email? and why must write like that? why cannot just write like a normal talking way? or why cannot just talk? then my husband say, she email you, you take your time to read you still angry like mad, imagine if she talk to you, you confrim will be angry like crazy !

then in the end, she say, then why must email in english? why cannot just like normal tone?

so she's angry that i emailed her in english? OMG!!!

then she even told my husband that she dont want to talk to me ever.

since she scolded and troubled my mother in law, i decided to be the bigger person and apologise to her to let her be at peace and therefore there will be peace in my mother in law's home. but she never responded to my apology sms . i know she must be thinking that she has "won" coz i apologised to her. i wish i can tell her in her face that i apologised coz i consider my mother in law's feelings. unlike her, who, consumed by her own anger and thinks the world revolves around her, did not even consider her OWN MOTHER's feelings. what kind of daughter is that?!

and the "best" part is her husband go and tell my mother in law that he thinks i am being mean for telling his wife that she has no right to call herself Mama to my son. my mother in law, thankfully, told him that his wife really has no right what. coz his wife is not the mother of my son.

i'm still pissed at her coz here i am trying to bring peace to a matter which was made chaotic by her in the very first place (with her calling herself Mama with no regards to our feelings), and there she was, being childish and refuse to close the matter. i've already apologised even though none of it is my fault, yet she still dont want to acknowledge. i've done my part, if she still want to ignore me, then ignore me . coz i dont need her to live. all along, the only important ones in my family-in-law has always been my mother in law and brother in law and his wife. My husband is of utmost importance of course.

I hope my sister In law will get her just desserts when her baby is born. Then she will get a taste of what I've been through.
Glad that ur MIL is a reasonable person and stand by ur side. ur sil, really very childish and ridiculous!! who is she to lose temper? she is WRONG by asking ur son to call her mama. and her hub, also one kind,still siding her? i think he is v scare or ur sil. hahahahahahaha..

I wonder if her hub has any sisters. I noe I'm very mean but i really hope her SIL will 'torture' her mentally so she will noe how is it like. anw, it's good hat she is ignoring u and dont wanna tok to u. at least u noe u will no get in any contact (or very lil) in future.

thankyou ladies for your encouragement.

i wouldn't have the courage to do it if i didnt get the moral support from you gals. by posting my terrible situation here, i managed to get a gauge of where i stand. i know that its not alright to quietly endure, coz by enduring it will not solve the issue.

and im glad i got this whole Mama issue off my chest. ya, now im sure she wont address herself as Mama to my son. Unless she do it behind my back to spite me, i wont know.

Even though Im thankful that my hubby and mother in law on my side, i still have to face this sister In law of mine when i pick my son up from work. So far this week, it happened once. She ignored me and went inside her room. Oh well, guess i either have to tolerate it or simply not go to my mother in law's house for dinner anymore .
I feel that you still have to go over to have dinner with ur inlaws. yes ur PIL and not ur irritating SIL. somemore ur MIL is a reasonable one. ust treat her as transparent, get along well with ur MIL to SPITE her. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! :tlaugh:

diamond25

mysonftw! It happened to me also! They almost fed ice-cream/dessert to my gal and when I stopped, I was accused of being evil.
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renzie

I'm glad that you had "talked" things out. And are the bigger person in apologising, but seriously if I were you, I don't think I can be that gracious! You are not at fault so just ignore them. Just take it that her pregnancy hormones gone crazy.

Also keep telling your son that that's gu gu not mama. If you are leaving for example and she happens to be around, just say loudly, "tell GUGU that you are going, say bye bye to GUGU!" In case she still tell your son to call her mama on the sly.

I sometimes do that whenever I feel that my in laws are going overboard, to remind them that they are NOT the parents