anyone experienced on & off fever in small children?

pkshl

my 2yr old boy has fever on off since yesterday afternoon. but evening time his temperature went up to 39.8deg, upon reaching kkh, his temperature was 40.1 deg. he was brought in immediately for treatment & blood test to find out what was causing the high fever, but blood test result came out all is normal for him, doc said he doesnt have any disease or infection. high fever could be cause by his cough & running nose. after we took medicine from kkh, we went home at 11pm but at 4am, my boy temperature was 38.6deg & crying nonstop. i gave him milk as he might be hungry & gave him medicine from kkh to bring down his fever. after 2hrs, his fever subsided. but today at 10am, his temperature was 37.6deg, again i gave him medicine for fever, after 1.5hrs, fever went down, but 10mins ago, i checked his temperature again, it was at 37.5deg & he is coughing with lots of plemgh inside + running nose.

i know that cough & flu takes time to cure but i am more concerned abt his fever which is on & off.

anyone experienced similar case too?

actually there is no point bringing your child to kkh.
fever with no cause (e.g. flu, diarrhea) is a concern. But since your child has cough/ rn, at least we know the fever is caused by the flu bug.
when to worry? when your child is lethargic, refused feeds, concentrated urine (signs of dehydration), keep sleeping, etc.
on and off fever means the body is trying to fight the bug. sometimes win, sometimes lose. the fever will continue to fluctuate for a few days. you just have to keep monitoring the temperature and feed fever medicine when needed. try to offer your child different types of fluid as our body's temperature also depends on the amount of water inside. sponging your child is also very important when the temperature goes up. anywhere on forehead, hands, armpits, back of neck & groin. must also bath your child in normal temp or slightly warm water - but a quick one. faster bath and dry.
oh ya, and dont be too quick to let your child depend on anti-biotics. I notice many parents asking for anti-biotics as soon as they worry. Let your child's immune system try to fight first. usually after 3 days, then perhaps u may consult the doc for anti-biotics. hope this helps.