Anyone giving Nestle Nutren Junior?

This is supposedly for the management of special needs nutrition.

Any one tried this for their child between 1-10 years old? comments?

Compared to Pediasure, is it less sweet?

annedrew

ME! ME! I am giving my girl Nutren Junior Nestle as my girl is only 8kg at 18 mths... After she drank this, her weight increase 1kg within 2 weeks. I definitely prefer this over pediasure as pediasure is sooo sweet!

hmmm...I decided to taste both and found that Nutren Junior is actually just as sweet as Pediasure. :nah:

So comparing the nutrients, Pediasure is still more potent, so decided to stick to Pediasure.

Have got 7 sample packs of Nutren Junior. pm me if you want me to send them to you via SAE.

bronylee

Alpha Male
hmmm...I decided to taste both and found that Nutren Junior is actually just as sweet as Pediasure. :nah:

So comparing the nutrients, Pediasure is still more potent, so decided to stick to Pediasure.

Have got 7 sample packs of Nutren Junior. pm me if you want me to send them to you via SAE.
hi , where can i buy Nutren junior on singapore , anybody know such case ?thanks !

utpai

Hi,

My gal used to take Nutren Junior until she gets sick of it. ;p

Now on Pediasure Complete (strawberry).

You can buy Nutren Junior from NTUC fairprice. Usually, they are not display at babies milk powder's section but alongside with those milk powder for breastfeeding mums.

According to my GP its better than cow's milk that is offered in most milk formula as it has a shorter strain and its easier on the digestive system besides being gluten free. My boy has been drinking it since 4yrs ago since he was 3yrs old.

For those who are sourcing for cheaper price, you may wish to try out some Chinese Medical Halls nearby your home (I believe some other medical halls might also carry Nutren Junior), I bought mine at a Medical Hall in yishun for $12.50/tin. NTUC retails at $15.90. Savings of $3.40/tin, I usually by in bulk as I go there only once in a while.

According to my GP its better than cow's milk that is offered in most milk formula as it has a shorter strain and its easier on the digestive system besides being gluten free. My boy has been drinking it since 4yrs ago since he was 3yrs old.
what are the benefits that this milk has given your child? is it safe?

danny

Alpha Male

FYI level of sucrose on nutren jr just only 9,2, pediasure is 24 chocholate flvour 26 orange flavour and 18 other flavour Minimal sucrose content supports oral compliance with minimal effect on osmolality, and its good for growing teeth

and the component of type protein used in nutren are 50% whey protein,it made nutren jr is more optimaly ti digest, pediasure just 18%.....whey protein is a good source of sistein a precursor of glutathione which is a good source of anti oksidant produce by the body....

http://166.127.8.200/StudentSupportServices/Home/Health & Medical/School Health Program/Nutren Jr vs Pediasures per can.pdf

katz

Hi mommies

Is Nutren Jnr more expensive then Pediasure?

I am currently quite lost as to what to give... My girl (now 5 yrs) was on g-button milk feeds so we had no choice but to give Pediasure. But this year, finally, she is eating orally. So I was thinking of changing to cheaper milk powder so can use the money on something else like extra therapy or something... But don't know what to give??

Pepper12

Hi all. Can anyone tell me pediasure or nestle junior which is good. As we having bad experience on friso. Just think friso is posion for baby. My colleague's daughter oso having bad cough n diarrhea.