Anyone go out during confinement and stay in air con room??

hi mommies.. cos my mom not always around so i gotta go supermarket to buy groceries, and i've been bringing baby to polyclinic for jaundice check myself with hubby cos no help from my mother or in law..

just wondering if it's ok to go out almost everyday for about 2-3hours??

also do you ladies sleep in air con room? is yes what temperature did you set?? i can't live w/o air con since preggy til now maybe all the herbs i took make my body warm..

diymummy

LOL!

I went out during confinement as well as sleep in air con room!!! Wahaha! Temp was at 25-26C.

I even went shopping and ate pasta!! :p

Phoebii Cheng

I went out too during confinement, but only for bb's jaundice check....

I think for a while should be ok.....

I did not sleep in air-con room though

hello, mummies:

according to my mom, should not sleep in the aircon room, cool wind will come into your body.
well, i am still expecting my baby's arrival, think better listen to mom.:001_302:

apollo

ME ME ME!!! apart from checkups, we brought ds out to see pd due to his eye discharge. and also hubby and me went NTUC buy FM, diapers etc.. everytime ard 2hrs...

adelynn

I'm doing my confinement now, and i sleep in air con room, with the temperature set at 24 to 25 but the air con is not facing me directly. With the heaty food and drinks i have been taking, cannot take it without air con. But of course i cover my shoulders (as instructed by my grandma) by wearing short sleeves top and 3/4 bottoms.

As for going out, i have brought the baby out for jaundice checks and the same theory applies whereby need to cover shoulders.

My grandma is afraid of 'wind getting into my body' thus the need to 'cover up' the shoulders. As long as you make sure you don't catch a cold and avoid going out on rainy days and do not get caught in the rain, IMO, i think all's 'safe'

TANZHENZHI

I did. Bring my baby out for jab at polyclinic usually is for 1-2hours. I also sleep in air-con room (25degree) I will wear long sleeve and long pants. wow still sweat alot even on the air-con ;) But i got shower everyday with the herbs from yu ren seng.

sha_82

hi mommies.. cos my mom not always around so i gotta go supermarket to buy groceries, and i've been bringing baby to polyclinic for jaundice check myself with hubby cos no help from my mother or in law..

just wondering if it's ok to go out almost everyday for about 2-3hours??

also do you ladies sleep in air con room? is yes what temperature did you set?? i can't live w/o air con since preggy til now maybe all the herbs i took make my body warm..
hi,i travel from KL back to Spore 2weeks after delivery hehehe..ok 4 me coz my stitches was fully healed..n i ask my hubby to drive moderately..n place baby in the car seat,he sleep through out the journey...n i sleep in aircond room through out my confinement..but i wear long pants n long sleeve n socks..:)

camom

I sleep in airconed room. Anytime during the day when I feel hot, I will switch on the aircon too. I wear button front nighties cos it's easier to bf at night.

I was only out for the days my son was hospitalised due to jaundice. Hung ard the hospital and shopped in Orchard. Other than that, I stayed at home.

nancy

I went out a few times - shopping & watching movies & bringing baby for checkup- during my confinement (my mum-in-law was the one who asked me to go out and shop with my hubby). I also slept in air-con room with my baby cos the weather was unbearable (May/June). Even though I slept in aircon room, I still perspired like mad (i.e. half of my shirt would be drenched with my perspiration!). When I was breastfeeding my baby, I even turned on fan plus aircon. Too hot and I still perspired. My baby and I are still ok now. No problem at all. Just dun let the aircon and fan blow directly at the baby.

Ting

i did went out during my confinement period.
my aunt who was doing confinement for me even ask me to go out shop or watch movie cos she see me so bored!
but i didnt, mostly to buy some neccessites n bring baby to check up.
but i nvr slp in aircon room. dun hv the habit n mum dun allow.

Gelyn

I thin shouldn't be a problem. I also brought my baby out for check-up and slept in the aircon room at the temp. 25 degree. Day time, I will on the fan and let its swing. So hot in the daytime.

NursMama

i went out during confinement... but that is with purpose... need to bring baby out for check ups...

i tried sleeping with the air-con for one day ... but i got really SICK! i shivered like hell! and got fever after that.... :embarrassed: so during my 40 days confinement, no aircon thereafter!

PinkDiamonds

If you are going out, bring a jacket/shawl in case it gets too cold.

During my confinement I had to go out every other day as I had to attend classes. I ate as healthily as possible and made sure I got enough rest. I didn't go grocery shopping the entire month because I wanted to recuperate well before doing anything else.

hakisumi

i went out only for baby check up or buy some neccesity..
1 whole month maybe 2-3 times in total only, less than 2 hrs..

wear long sleeve n long pants.. w socks n slippers..
abit like off the trend to wear like tat la...

sleep in aircon room abt 26C w dripping water...LOLz

brought baby for her checkups and thereafter went shopping *lol* but only about 3-4hrs each time. i was in air-con rm throughout my confinement (23-25deg) the only time i step out of my rm is for meals in the living rm.

try not to go out when its raining and when wind is very strong cos the wind from outside is more harmful than air-con

NursMama

try not to go out when its raining and when wind is very strong cos the wind from outside is more harmful than air-con

this is true.... coz that time i got scolding from my mum for standing at the window enjoying the cool wind when it was about to rain outside :embarrassed: she said that kindda wind not good for us who is under confinement after birth... i was under strict confinement under my mum ~ 1st child - 44 days... 2nd child - 40 days!!! :err: