Anyone got pregnant soon after Miscarriage?

crescent

one of my colleague who had natural MC. she said hers is bleed like normal mense and after 2 weeks, her actual mense came. find it very fast so i think should be normal :)

did you went back to gynae for further checkup?
i went 2 weeks after d&c to see if everytings clears up inside... after tat i didb't go back alr..

i called up my gynae yst & told the nurse abt my erratic bbt... she say if wan go gynae to get med to induce O...

26JMC

i also thought the same thing and posted my concern at the other forum! what i was told its normal that no O also can have mense. there is a name to it. subsequently i borrow a book about fertility, it also mentioned about its normal some women will not have O every month. and O will last for 24hours. different from what i read online that says 24 to 48hours.

you want to check with ur gynae on no O but having mense? i forget to ask mine that time cos never thought of before...

anyway, i am now quite concern with the O thing lor. its either i missed the O thing and thats y i kept getting Negative on OPK or i didnt O at all. furthermore, i aso monitor the cervical discharge and its pretty dry throughout after the checkup with my gynae.

after my this mense over, i will monitor it with OPK.. if really no O for this coming one, i will voice this out to my gynae liao.

did ur gynae scan your ovary during that time visit?

hmm.. but if no O how come got menses?? funnie ... i thought got O then got menses if not preggy...

26JMC

later i go back and do some reading on monitoring the BBT.. havent go to that chapter yet. :)
by the way, i read that clomid is one of the medication to induce O. read that it also have side effects in some case. so remember to ask ur gynae more about taking medication for inducing O k.

i went 2 weeks after d&c to see if everytings clears up inside... after that i didb't go back already..

i called up my gynae yst & told the nurse about my erratic bbt... she say if want go gynae to get med to induce O...

crescent

ya.. gynae got scan & say it's clean and nice....
for the O i took opk on day 29 got +ve... but the bbt is haywire lor.... funnie...

as i'm using online chart fertilityfriend.com, it says that my changes of preggy is 50% then suggest to test on 24 june... but so far i tested all -ve... =(

26JMC

same thing.. mine also said clean and can try if i want to go for it. but try , so far negative on OPK ...that time i was worrying whether i did have O or not..and then mense come..zzzzz ..at least u got postive result.
i think i can only wait.. now kan chiong also no use :embarrassed:
so you made appointment for the gynae already?

ya.. gynae got scan & say it's clean and nice....
for the O i took opk on day 29 got +ve... but the bbt is haywire .... funnie...

as i'm using online chart fertilityfriend.com, it says that my changes of preggy is 50% then suggest to test on 24 june... but so far i tested all -ve... =(

Last edited:

crescent

hopefulli got ba.... but i tested this morning still -ve.... the previous one i tested on dpo day 12 +ve alr... but now still dun have i tink the chances very low lor....

i tink ard last week i got some pinkish spotting... i tot it's implantation.... just got for that short while only... the week after we ML, i start to feel abit funnie... like keep having giddyness/headache & nauseanesss....

haiz... so i very confuse... somemore the bbt so haywire...

26JMC

breast got feel tender and sore or not? really hate the waiting hor..dunno whats going on inside our body.. dun feel so stress up lor k :)
your bbt got sudden increased to a very high level (stage A) and remain consistent there? if so, your O should be over.
if u are really pregnant, read from book that the temp will remain higher after the stage A. but not sure whether is it true.. can only self-experience then will know..

hopefulli got .... but i tested this morning still -ve.... the previous one i tested on dpo day 12 +ve already... but now still dont have i tink the chances very low ....

i tink around last week i got some pinkish spotting... i thought it's implantation.... just got for that short while only... the week after we ML, i start to feel abit funnie... like keep having giddyness/headache & nauseanesss....

sigh... so i very confuse... somemore the bbt so haywire...

crescent

no sore breast leh..

the temp u mention is true... i got it last time on my un-successful pregnancy...
that's y this mth my bbt haywire i know mah..

meiteoh

if so, how fast ??? share your experience?? :)

right now resuming ML with hubby. we didnt have any protection.. anyone also did the same???
not that we are anxious or what..just feel that to let nature take its course....
I had a miscarriage in May last year due to a blighted ovum and I didn't jump on the TTC (Trying To Conceive) route until July because I was advised by my doc to give it a while (emotionally and such). My mum also brought some herbs over for me to nourish back my body when she came to visit me in June.

I had a really tough time right after my miscarriage because my mum blamed me for it - said that I miscarried because I told people (the only "people" I told was her and she was the one who went around telling other people!!!!!), that I didn't take care of myself and that I must have done something wrong.

I got pregnant in October/November after months of failed attempts (I tell you, all those periods I got was one disappointment after another). It didn't help that my parents kept bugging me about whether they are grandparents already and so forth. Stressing really...

Anyway, I have been pregnant since then. Am waiting to explode now. :tlaugh:

J

justforgags

I had a miscarriage in May last year due to a blighted ovum and I didn't jump on the trying to concieve (Trying To Conceive) route until July because I was advised by my doc to give it a while (emotionally and such). My mum also brought some herbs over for me to nourish back my body when she came to visit me in June.

I had a really tough time right after my miscarriage because my mum blamed me for it - said that I miscarried because I told people (the only "people" I told was her and she was the one who went around telling other people!!!!!), that I didn't take care of myself and that I must have done something wrong.

I got pregnant in October/November after months of failed attempts (I tell you, all those periods I got was one disappointment after another). It didn't help that my parents kept bugging me about whether they are grandparents already and so forth. Stressing really...

Congratulations on ur pregnancy n ur endurance to hv e precious.. Hope u hv a smooth delivery=)

26JMC

meiteoh,
did u do any bbt charting and testing with OPK? or just let it happen naturally?
i tried testing with OPK and got no positive result for my 1st cycle which got me worried cos gynae said she saw my eggs and should ripe within next few days. furthermore, discharge is not those eggywhite after that which also bothers me.
after 1st cycle, i am now taking BBT every morning and currently testing with OPK.my mid cycle is approaching and still not getting any positive result. discharge starts to get sticky and sometimes clear ..i hope my condition will return back to pre-pregnant stage. cos also worry the miscarriage will cause my fertitly condition to hay wire..

I had a miscarriage in May last year due to a blighted ovum and I didn't jump on the trying to concieve (Trying To Conceive) route until July because I was advised by my doc to give it a while (emotionally and such). My mum also brought some herbs over for me to nourish back my body when she came to visit me in June.

crescent

hi 26JMC,

i tink u wait longer.. remember i told u my bbt very erratic? my bbt now kindof back to norm alr..... i tink i O ard day 48.... i nv go find my gynae.... i just wait & monitor...

so now i'm at the 2WW...

dcs_81

Agreed with all the other users ..
You are in a emotional state now .. I felt the same when I went thro a miscarriage in july '08 .. I was totally traumatized ..All I wanted was to conceive immediately but my doctor told me to wait for 2 mths .. Docs have a reason .. I waited and conceived after 2mths .. now I am in my last month of pregnancy..
When you miscarry did you go thro a D&C .. during this process they will scrap your uterus to remove any unwanted tissue ..it thins your lining,your uterus will be very weak at the moment ..
Take good rest of yourself and wait for 2 mths before you wanna conceive again .. to have a healthy pregnancy..
Do talk with your close ones to get support ..
Baby dust to you dear . . take care ,.. :Dancing_wub:

meiteoh

meiteoh,
did you do any bbt charting and testing with OPK? or just let it happen naturally?
i tried testing with OPK and got no positive result for my 1st cycle which got me worried cos gynae said she saw my eggs and should ripe within next few days. furthermore, discharge is not those eggywhite after that which also bothers me.
after 1st cycle, i am now taking BBT every morning and currently testing with OPK.my mid cycle is approaching and still not getting any positive result. discharge starts to get sticky and sometimes clear ..i hope my condition will return back to pre-pregnant stage. cos also worry the miscarriage will cause my fertitly condition to hay wire..
Nope, I didn't do any charting or testing. Just became more "hardworking" around 1 week after period ended. :001_302:

Mine was a natural miscarriage (so in actual fact, the doc ask me to treat the bleeding like a period - it lasted for one week) so I got my period the following month like normal. My cycle is around 33 days but like the others have mentioned, you can be "shooting out blanks" even though you have your menses. So it really depends on your body.

I wouldn't really worry about your fertility being haywired coz of the miscarriage. Remember that a miscarriage is not a negative thing but a positive one - it shows that you CAN get pregnant and that your body is functioning. Most of the time, a natural miscarriage occurs because there is something wrong with the fetus and the body is saying "get out" before you waste any more resources of nurturing something that is "wrong". Call it quality control, if you will.

I was told by an OB/Gyn that if after two years of trying, you still cannot get pregnant, you and your husband should get tested and see if all your pipes and such are working. Sometimes the problem is not with us women but with the men. One of my friends had been trying non-stop, even thought that her uterine fibroids were a problem and went for surgery to remove them. When that didn't work, her mother in law bug her hubby to check sperm count and it turned out that he was the one with the problem, not my friend.

Last edited: