Anyone got pregnant soon after Miscarriage?

26JMC

meiteoh, thanks for sharing... i just detected the lowest temp reading tdy and went to test Ovulation strip and found a line. not convinced, i then use clearblue one and i did have O currently!!! i am so relieved about that. cos give me assurance that its going back to normal now. so i going to ask my hubby see whether he wants to work OT tonight or not.kekeke

Last edited:

crescent

meiteoh, thanks for sharing... i just detected the lowest temp reading tdy and went to test Ovulation strip and found a line. not convinced, i then use clearblue one and i did have O currently!!! i am so relieved about that. cos give me assurance that its going back to normal now. so i going to ask my hubby see whether he wants to work OT tonight or not.kekeke
hi 26JMC, congrats!! hehehe... lucky u waited & monitor.....

26JMC

ya ,cresent.. i am glad it went back to normal! to update, my hubby dont want to ot yesterday... i just tested positive again.tdy bbt even lower than yesterdae. hope it will last till tonight!.. sianz...

Last edited:

crescent

usually O can last 24 hours after the you tested +ve... so tonite must try, if not the chances will be very low....

26JMC

cresent, u are right. i was tested O postive for 3 days. tdy dun have already. yesterday( the last day of O) experienced abit discomfort/pain around there..suspect the egg had released and O took place liao. but didnt ML cos too tired....
right now can only wait till 2 weeks later to see result..

crescent

wait for 2 wks? then means u got ML ard your O period?
good luck then!!

my menses just came last nite!! sian lor... somemore i'm having some of the symptoms of preggy... waited to soooo long then now need to wait & try again... haiz...

26JMC

ya . i got ML 2 days during O period. see how .
so stop doing all those intense workout ..

you got ML during O???
then try again lor.. heard that its better to get mroe prepared than getting pregnant shortly after M. for me, i see fate liao...if it meant to be, it will be...

wait for 2 wks? then means you got ML around your O period?
good luck then!!

my menses just came last nite!! sian ... somemore i'm having some of the symptoms of preggy... waited to soooo long then now need to wait & try again... sigh...

Last edited:

crescent

ya got.... somemore it's on the O day itself lor...haiz... sian..
yaya during the waiting period i oso nv do heavy hse work like mopping.. just sweep sweep only.. ask hubby to mop.. hehehe

26JMC

cresent,
i didnt experience any unusual experience from then to now ... 1 more week to go before 'result' is out..not so optimistic ...

Last edited:

crescent

not all will experience symptoms de... u still got another 1 wk to go... still got 50-50 chances lah... who know's maybe u hit leh?

me, my period just passed... now waiting for O again.. haiz... hopefully will O by end of tis mth... cos new mth my hubby go reservist for full 3 wks! sian....

tinklish

Hi all. I have just gone through the worst phrase of my life and that is to have my first miscarriage. I found out that I was preg in feb/march..and the heartbeat of the baby jus simply stop when i am about 19weeks pregnant without any sign of bleeding nor cramps nor anything..I was fully unaware when that happens... It was really devastating. Plus its a second trimester miscarriage, which probably means the problem isnt in the chromosome thingy..but probably with me??

It was my first preg & miscarriage experience. Hence, rather new to this. I have read the previous discussions in this thread but there are some things that i dont really understand. Please advise...

What D&C actually. I did read abt it but still dont really understand the actual meaning. What happen in my case is, they induce labour on me and i so called gave birth naturally. So is that D&C? Then after giving birth naturally, my gynae did some washiin to my womb, i suppose. I was put on anaesthetic and the whole cleaning procedure took abt 30 - 45mins..is that D&C??

The natural birth took place last week on Thursday midnight (09 July 09)..and the cleaning was the morning after (10 July 09). Today (15 July 09), my bleeding kinda subside, with more brown discharges just like how i wld experience when my mense is about to end. Im suppose to visit my gynae on 23 July 09 (2 weeks after my so called birth).

I have read before that it is wise to wait 2-3 menstrual cycle before tryin to conceive again. Is the bleeding after my natural birth considered to be my 1st menstrual cycle? And.. is it really true that you can dun ovulate (O) and yet still have ur mense?

Im really afraid that it my MC happens again .. but I am really longing to have a healthy baby on my arm. Rather lost on what to do.

crescent

hi tinklish,

my heart felt for you.... most of us here experience tis... it's actually quite a common ting. it's a natural way for your body to expel those that is faulty...

do not blame yourself of wat have happened, for nobody wanted it... but look on the bright side, at least you & ur hubby can conceive...

since it's ur 1st miscarriage, ur next pregnancy will chances will be as if this have not happened b4... this is wat my gynea told me... of cos there is alway the fear there in your next pregnancy... i wun deniel tat i will oso have tat kind of fear....

the process u went thru is called Diltion and Curettage (D&C), it's the process of dilating your virginal to induce the fetus & wash out all the lining in the womb... u will bleed abt a wk or so after the ops... but it's not ur mense... the 1st menses after that only comes ard 4-6wks, some may come earlier or longer... for me it came on the 3wk...
gynea will usually call u to go back for follow-up checkup 2 wks after D&C to check tat inside is clean and no clots is left behind...

now it's most important that u take care of your body... best to have a mini confinement to nourish back your body... i have do for abt 2 wks.... some will do 1 full mth...

do not rush into another pregnancy unless u are fully ready, i meant mentally. cos phyically, ur body will recover very fast... it's just how mentally ready u are...

also, do not tink too much in ur next pregnancy... just enjoy it... tings do happens for a reason... maybe tis time it's not meant to be... but the next time will...

dun be to upset abt it... and try not to mourn...
take care! =)

tinklish

Hi crescent. Thank you for your advise. It is very comforting.

I thot 2nd trimester MC is not really common?? I really hope its not something wrong with my productive organs or something that i did/eat/etc. I really hope I am able to conceive and deliver a healthy baby in the future.

I used to think D&C is something abt inserting some metal device thingie to scrap out the fetus/etc. Now I know that what I have been through is called D&C. It was a long journey. First set of treatment (insertion & medication) was unsuccessful to cause my vagina to fully dilate. I had to wait for one more week before they induce me the second time and the fetus is being expelled.

I am going through a mini confinement thou. Loads of ginger, sesame oil, red dates, herbs, etc... I hope to do it for 2 weeks also thou I have 1 mth mc.. Rather bored at hm alone! It kinda makes my mind wonder about.

Jus wondering, is it advisable to go for some tests to find out wats wrong or right with our body? Also, i am intending to start takin folic acid soon before i start tryin to conceive. Any other advise to prepare for next preg / minimise the risk of reoccurence MC?

crescent

abt 80-90% of women experience miscarriage at a certain period of time during their miscarriage.... i doubt it's abt anything u do or not do or eat or not eat...

if u want to do any test, probably it's best to talk to ur gynae for advise...

for the folic acid, u can continue to take... for me i continue until today i still taking...on top of tat i also bot multi-vits for pre-natal and post-natal from guardian... it's called obimin... so i took 1 each every morning....

during ur confinement, get a bottle of benedic dom to drink... i complete 1 whole bottle of 750ml... but i didn't continue after tat...
the dom u take abt 30ml every nite b4 sleep...

dun worry so much... let nature takes it's course..

tinklish

Hi there crescent!

Can i start taking folic acid now? Or should i wait and ask the gynae when can i start taking the folic acid? Why didnt u take the multi-vits from your gynae? I thot they can prescribe some? I hope to begin taking all these supplements before conceiving as I didnt for my first preg. I hope it will help a little.

Benedic dom? Hmmp...i shall suggest to my MIL. Everyday I will be takin longan in red dates & ginger drink. At at night, my MIL will make me bowl of some herbs with alcohol (martel, etc). Im intending to begin takin essence of chicken and birdnest to recoup my health loss.

crescent

can... for me i nv stop.. i just keep taking, after my D&C..
the multi-vits from gynae ex leh... it's cheaper to get from pharmacies...

red date drink is good, i took tat oso... oso take the ginger black vinger pork knuckles... eat the ginger & drink the vinger.. it will helps to flush out blood clots inside...

u can take ginger fried rice also...

tinklish

oh..ok. I will cont. takin folic acid.

Ya, ginger here and ginger there.. I had one SUPER HUGE blot clot out after my fetus was out. Abit gross.. haha.

Btw, which gynae u used to see? Do you believe in a wrong match of mother n gynae that leads to miscarriage? silly for me to think abt this right?

cheryl_ng

oh..ok. I will cont. takin folic acid.

Ya, ginger here and ginger there.. I had one SUPER HUGE blot clot out after my fetus was out. Abit gross.. haha.

Btw, which gynae you used to see? Do you believe in a wrong match of mother and gynae that leads to miscarriage? silly for me to think about this right?
Hi Tinklish,
r u doing a 'mini confinement' nw??
i did tis when i miscarriaged 2 yrs away. old folks said tat the effects of 1 miscarriage=multi-birth lor. so its best to 'pooh' nw lor...

jasobias

Hi there crescent!

Can i start taking folic acid now? Or should i wait and ask the gynae when can i start taking the folic acid? Why didnt you take the multi-vits from your gynae? I thot they can prescribe some? I hope to begin taking all these supplements before conceiving as I didnt for my first preg. I hope it will help a little.

Benedic dom? Hmmp...i shall suggest to my mother in law. Everyday I will be takin longan in red dates & ginger drink. At at night, my mother in law will make me bowl of some herbs with alcohol (martel, etc). Im intending to begin takin essence of chicken and birdnest to recoup my health loss.
Hi tinklish,
i kind of went through the same thing as u .Mine was however at 22 weeks.Took 3 days to dilate after which i went into labour n she was so beautiful.I had a D&E done coz my placenta was not separating fr my uterus after the birth.Its a very diff journey n even though i am now almost 36 weeks pregnant..not a day goes by without me thinking wht cld i have done to prevent all this.
The post mortem revealed it was neither genes or chromosomes.It was just a fluke of nature..not tht this explanation made me feel any better.
I delivered her on sept 19 2008.
My normal period started on nov 2 after which i got pregnant.It was difficult explaining to my sons why their sister had died.N i just wanted my baby back.I was so happy to get pregnant again.N the weird thing is my boys never for a moment doubted tht it was another girl.Their explanation was tht god took our baby coz she was really sick n then healed her n gave her back to us.I was even lucky to get pregnant that cycle coz i didnt know tht my cycle was 38 days cycle instead of 30 days n based on all the calculation it is supposed to be a boy.So indeed its a miracle.
Dont give up trying.Rest well n know for a fact tht it wasnt ur fault.

As for the folic acid u cld keep on taking.I continued with mine too.N just eat a more balanced diet.Getting too stressed out might wreck ur whole period cycle so just take things easy.
Good luck n lots of baby dust to u !