Anyone got pregnant soon after Miscarriage?

tinklish

Hi Tinklish,
are you doing a 'mini confinement' now??
i did tis when i miscarriaged 2 yrs away. old folks said that the effects of 1 miscarriage=multi-birth . so its best to 'pooh' now ...
Yes im going thru a mini confinement now. Loads of ginger, sesame oil, herbs, longan, red dates, no bathin (unless with herbs), etc etc...

What do you mean by...multi-birth? and wats 'pooh'..sorry, kinda new to this.

tinklish

Hi tinklish,
i kind of went through the same thing as you .Mine was however at 22 weeks.Took 3 days to dilate after which i went into labour and she was so beautiful.I had a D&E done coz my placenta was not separating fr my uterus after the birth.Its a very diff journey and even though i am now almost 36 weeks pregnant..not a day goes by without me thinking wht cld i have done to prevent all this.
The post mortem revealed it was neither genes or chromosomes.It was just a fluke of nature..not tht this explanation made me feel any better.
I delivered her on sept 19 2008.
My normal period started on nov 2 after which i got pregnant.It was difficult explaining to my sons why their sister had died.and i just wanted my baby back.I was so happy to get pregnant again.and the weird thing is my boys never for a moment doubted tht it was another girl.Their explanation was tht god took our baby coz she was really sick and then healed her and gave her back to us.I was even lucky to get pregnant that cycle coz i didnt know tht my cycle was 38 days cycle instead of 30 days and based on all the calculation it is supposed to be a boy.So indeed its a miracle.
Dont give up trying.Rest well and know for a fact tht it wasnt your fault.

As for the folic acid you cld keep on taking.I continued with mine too.and just eat a more balanced diet.Getting too stressed out might wreck your whole period cycle so just take things easy.
Good luck and lots of baby dust to you !
Hi Jasobias!

You mean u actually went to see the fetus? I din dare to see, afraid it evokes more sadness.. Hence, my husband and I decided not to see. Is it a norm for them to do post mortem. I din tell them to do so and i very much wan to know the reason behind this miscarriage. All i know is that the nurse said its a sick child..and god is fair to take the child away.. That sentence kinda hurts as I cldnt even protect my own child. And the worst thing is that my gynae was ard when the fetus is out. So i doubt my gynae have seen the baby.. I expelled the fetus out at abt 11pm and gynae came to see me during the washing only which is the next day morning at 830am.

You mean you got preg after your first cycle of mense??

I shall begin takin the folic acid now. I had some left over from my pregnancy chapter.

jasobias

Hi Jasobias!

You mean you actually went to see the fetus? I did not dare to see, afraid it evokes more sadness.. Hence, my husband and I decided not to see. Is it a norm for them to do post mortem. I did not tell them to do so and i very much want to know the reason behind this miscarriage. All i know is that the nurse said its a sick child..and god is fair to take the child away.. That sentence kinda hurts as I cldnt even protect my own child. And the worst thing is that my gynae was around when the fetus is out. So i doubt my gynae have seen the baby.. I expelled the fetus out at about 11pm and gynae came to see me during the washing only which is the next day morning at 830am.

You mean you got preg after your first cycle of mense??

I shall begin takin the folic acid now. I had some left over from my pregnancy chapter.
Hey
ya i gave birth to her so of course i wanted to see her..to me she was my baby.At 22 weeks even though the skin is still red everything is formed perfectly.She had tiny nails,little ears gorgeous mouth.We had a funeral for her after we got her baptised.Just a small funeral n we threw her ashes in the sea.Didnt want my baby being disposed off as biohazard.The post mortem did give me some closure.The birth was painful though..i cldnt push n the nurses n dr's helped me.The they cleaned her up tied her umbilical stump n gave her to me.
They had to do my D&E right away coz placenta was still stuck n i was bleeding out.It was a very traumatic experience which i hope no one ever has to go through.
Yes i got pregnant after my first cycle.
I had gone to KK for tht pregnancy but the care is really lousy.They cld have detected tht something was wrong with my baby much earlier but they didnt.So this pregnancy i am back to seeing my gynae at Raffles Hospital.Costs a bomb but they r so thorough.When they do the monthly scans they check out for everything.I know for a fact now tht a good gynae makes all the difference.

tinklish

Hi Jasobias,

I din know you can have a small funeral for the child. I thot everything ends there since for my case, my child was onli 19 weeks. Now im feelin so regretful not giving my child a proper funeral.

I agree that a good gynae is very impt!!!!! i might change my gynae in the future. Not because he is not good..I jus want to have one who will pay a closer attention to me since now I had 1 MC before. The one I had for my prev preg is professional but very quick during each visits..

jasobias

Hi Jasobias,

I did not know you can have a small funeral for the child. I thot everything ends there since for my case, my child was onli 19 weeks. Now im feelin so regretful not giving my child a proper funeral.

I agree that a good gynae is very impt!!!!! i might change my gynae in the future. Not because he is not good..I just want to have one who will pay a closer attention to me since now I had 1 MC before. The one I had for my prev preg is professional but very quick during each visits..
My gynae is Dr Lee I Wuen Fr Raffles hospital.She is really very nice n very very thorough.If only i had gone to her instead of KK .Just wanted to save some money n i had thought its my 3rd pregnancy so no really need for expensive care..how wrong i was

tinklish

Hi Jasobias and crescent..

my gynae was dr. adrian woodworth. He is good, professional and im very comfortable with him..but each visit is rather very fast. I dunnoe whether in future, upon knowin that i had 1 MC before, he wld be more thorough and pay a closer attention..

My MIL feels that i shld change gynae..get one that will pay a closer attention to me..what do you all think??

crescent

oh.. i got a fren oso seeing him....

i tink tis is very personal... but if u are comfortable wif him y dun u continue wif him?

the duration of each checks cant tell anything, it's most important tat he's attentive and do the checks throughly and u are comfortable

i tink most gynae does perform checks quite fast so that other patients dun have to wait so long... of cos if tat are emergency cases then its different.

tinklish

oh.. i got a friend also seeing him....

i tink tis is very personal... but if you are comfortable with him why dont you continue with him?

the duration of each checks cant tell anything, it's most important that he's attentive and do the checks throughly and you are comfortable

i tink most gynae does perform checks quite fast so that other patients dont have to wait so long... of cos if that are emergency cases then its different.
He is good and professional..I dont deny that. But i do believe abit in the fate of your gynae and the mother. Haha.

Anyway, must your gynae be present during the D&C, esp when the fetus coming out?

tinklish

Probably cos mine was like an emergency, so my gynae wasnt ard. My waterbag burst when im at hm. And the sac was half way out while i was in the car, being driven to thomson. Then shortly after, the nurse helped me thru with the whole procedure of pushing till the placenta is out. The above all happened from abt 10pm till abt 11.30pm?? So my gynae wasnt ard. I only saw him before i went for my cleaning of womb which is the next day morning. Becos of that (gynae din come at all that night), my MIL keep on sayin he is not good... Wonder whether is it true?

crescent

oh... i tink it's becos it's urgent to help u get it out 1st... there will be more complications if waiting for the gynae to arrive...

but that does not means the gynae is not good....

tinklish

That is what i am tryin to explain to my MIL. But she still feel that he shld come and visit me thou the fetus has already been out. But i was thinkin, its so late at night. I dont think its necessary right? What do you think?? haha..

tinklish

Very true indeed! haha.. I really have mixed feelings in changing gynae.. Im a lil superstitous type..but then again, he is professional. Anyway, when time comes again, I would have to decide then ..

Btw, how are you right now? Trying to conceive?

crescent

ya lor... when the time comes u then see how lor...

for me i had D&C in april... now 2nd menses after D&C just past... so got to wait for the fertile period again... during the 1st menses we tried but -ve

it's the waiting process tat is tiring...

jasobias

Hi Jasobias and crescent..

my gynae was dr. adrian woodworth. He is good, professional and im very comfortable with him..but each visit is rather very fast. I dunnoe whether in future, upon knowin that i had 1 MC before, he wld be more thorough and pay a closer attention..

My mother in law feels that i shld change gynae..get one that will pay a closer attention to me..what do you all think??
Ya u cld look ard for another gynae.But i am surprised tht a post mortem wasnt done.Didnt the dr tell u wht went wrong?

tinklish

Ya you cld look around for another gynae.But i am surprised tht a post mortem wasnt done.Didnt the dr tell you wht went wrong?
Hi Jasobias!

As mentioned before, when the fetus was out, the dr was around at all. It happened pretty late at abt 10 - 11pm..and it was an emergency whereby my waterbag burst at hm..

So when the fetus is out in the hospi, the nurses were the ones who attended to me. Whether post mortem is done, i dun think so cos the dr din visit me that very night...

I only saw him the next morning when I was scheduled to do cleaning..

Do you think its a standard procedure for them to do post mortem??

jasobias

Hi Jasobias!

As mentioned before, when the fetus was out, the dr was around at all. It happened pretty late at about 10 - 11pm..and it was an emergency whereby my waterbag burst at hm..

So when the fetus is out in the hospi, the nurses were the ones who attended to me. Whether post mortem is done, i dont think so cos the dr did not visit me that very night...

I only saw him the next morning when I was scheduled to do cleaning..

Do you think its a standard procedure for them to do post mortem??
Ya dr shld have ordered post mortem coz they wld at least know wht went wrong..why dont u call the hospital n ask if they did a post mortem or speak to the dr himself.It matters a lot coz u want to get pregnant again n avoid the possibility of it ever happening or at least find out how to prevent it.Wld give u some closure as well.

tinklish

Hi Jasobias..

I would really be glad if they actually did a post mortem. But i doubt so..

Anyway it has been a week already. Abit too late if they want to do a post mortem now. So, i guess i will ask the doc during my visit, which is in one week time, to know whether did they or not... Sigh...