Anyone got pregnant soon after Miscarriage?

Rukia

Hi Rukia,

How are you now? I hope this post isn't too late. Why dont't you seek a second opinion from another gynae rather than just waiting for the MC to happen? I'm hoping another gynae might be able to do something to protect the baby.
Actually my gynae told me that it is pointless to do anything now as he could not even find the fetal heartbeat at all. I am 7.5-8wk. Is there any possibility my baby could just be slow in developing a heartbrat but is actually still there?
I just hope i dont have to go thr mc or d&c at all. The thought of it just scare me.

I am praying for a miracle to happen. He is giving me one last chance to go back scan in one wk time.

momi

Actually my gynae told me that it is pointless to do anything now as he could not even find the fetal heartbeat at all. I am 7.5-8wk. Is there any possibility my baby could just be slow in developing a heartbrat but is actually still there?
I just hope i dont have to go thr mc or d&c at all. The thought of it just scare me.

I am praying for a miracle to happen. He is giving me one last chance to go back scan in one wk time.
I am not sure about the heartbeat but I would strongly recommend you to seek second opinion from another gynae. At least if the 2nd gynae also say the same thing then no choice you've done your best. I wish you all the best!

Rukia

I am not sure about the heartbeat but I would strongly recommend you to seek second opinion from another gynae. At least if the 2nd gynae also say the same thing then no choice you've done your best. I wish you all the best!
I guess I should get a second opinion. But I am so stressed up by all these happenings. Awhile the sac isnt growing, later when it grew, there was spotting..then later cant find heartbeat. My gynae was saying this pregnancy doesnt look too good to him, and it just pierce my heart hearing it.

momi

I guess I should get a second opinion. But I am so stressed up by all these happenings. Awhile the sac isnt growing, later when it grew, there was spotting..then later cant find heartbeat. My gynae was saying this pregnancy doesnt look too good to him, and it just pierce my heart hearing it.
I'm so sorry to hear this. Please get lots of bed rest now and get a second opinion from another gynae.

Hi Rukia,

Advise you seek second opinion soon too. Most important now don't get too stress up and try your best to relax. I know it's easier to say than to do. Take care k.

Mini Potato

Hi everyone,

Can I ask, how soon did your menses come back after miscarriage? I just went for a check up and gynae said cant detect heartbeat, and it looks like an empty sac, so just wait for a miscarriage.

Feeling totally devastated. Its my first pregnancy and it had to turn out like that. Especially all my friends around me all have successful pregnancies, with some not even keen on having babies and yet they could have it so easily. Now the gynae told me to just wait for the bleeding to start. This feeling totally sucks.

I am wondering if it would be better for me to wait for a natural miscarriage or go for D&C? I heard some people mention that D&C will clean up the womb better and prevent any residues. But there are some risks? I am quite worried...

How soon can I try again for a baby? I heard the minimum is three months?
My menses came around 3 weeks after D&C. My gynae did not encourage natural mc as it might lead to other problems like hemorrage, infection etc.

I got pregnant again after 1 normal cycle & I'm approaching my 20 weeks now. :)
My gynae told us that we do not have to wait for 3 months as if we able to get pregnant, that will imply that our bodies are ready again.

Rukia

My menses came around 3 weeks after D&C. My gynae did not encourage natural mc as it might lead to other problems like hemorrage, infection etc.

I got pregnant again after 1 normal cycle & I'm approaching my 20 weeks now. :)
My gynae told us that we do not have to wait for 3 months as if we able to get pregnant, that will imply that our bodies are ready again.
I hope I dont have to wait too long to get pregnant again. My hubby told me not too stressed up over this. But whenever I see my friends with their kids, I feel so sad that I still have not gotten one of my own:( Somemore my menses is quite irregular. The thought of having to try a long time before getting pregnant again scares me.

Did a scan but there is still no heartbeat. Think more or less gone case liao. Have to schedule a DnC soon.

Sometimes feel fine and comfort myself saying if the pregnancy isn't good then its better not to have it, but sometimes just start crying out of the blue. Like my mood is on a roller-coaster ride.

Is the bleeding very heavy after DnC? How many days does the bleeding last? Are there painful cramps?

How days of medcial leave do we have to rest at home?

Do we need to eat those confinement food to "bu" back? My gyn told me dont need but my mum says need.

Last edited:

Rukia

Sorry for having so many questions. Thanks for all your comfort and patience in answering my questions.

I dont have much appetite since I found out I was pregnant. After DnC will this bloating and no appetite symptom go away?

Are there any side effects after DnC (e.g. giddy, pain).

Do we have to go for follow-up check-up after DnC? If it is required, what do they do at the follow up?

Thanks.

Mini Potato

I do not have heavy bleeding, just like normal menses but lasting more than a week. For me, no painful cramps & I was given a wk mc.

My mum did a mini confinment (1 week) for me.

Rukia

I do not have heavy bleeding, just like normal menses but lasting more than a week. For me, no painful cramps & I was given a wk mc.

My mum did a mini confinment (1 week) for me.
Thanks for the information. Just did the DnC. Right after that...the cramp was quite bad so had to be on painkiller for a few days.

The spotting started quite light and then faded off, but it came back heavier today. Wonder is that normal?

26JMC

Rukia,

u are not alone.. I fear mine is history going to repeat itself again! i went for scanning last sunday due to sudden pain in lower abdominal and gynae cant find the yolk sac...drop my heart really quite a bit..i will be going back to my own gynae for the scanning again.. sigh... as much as i do hope to see yolk sac and fetus growing inside.. but i somehow got ready that i may not be able to..

sigh!

sigh.

Rukia

Hi babe,
hope you are feeling better. while you are still spotting, do avoid bu xue herbs such as danggui, ba zhen, chicken essence as it will worsen the spotting. but good to take red dates longgan tea once your spotting stops and take that as substitute for water. it is good to do mini confinement to help your body to recover. get well soon.

babydust to all! :)
i have been taking chicken essence. Didnt know it would affect the spottings.
Sometimes i feel fine, keep telling myself i have to move on. But sometimes the sadness would suddenly take over and i cant control the tears. I hope this is not depression? Its been 1.5 wk since my dnc.

Rukia

Its been 2 wk after my dnc. I m still having some spotting n sometimes tog w discharge tt is similar to ovulation discharge. Is this normal? Could thr be an infection without me knowing?

Rukia

Rukia,

you are not alone.. I fear mine is history going to repeat itself again! i went for scanning last sunday due to sudden pain in lower abdominal and gynae cant find the yolk sac...drop my heart really quite a bit..i will be going back to my own gynae for the scanning again.. sigh... as much as i do hope to see yolk sac and fetus growing inside.. but i somehow got ready that i may not be able to..

sigh.
Hi 26jmc, hw are things with you? Have you gonw down to see the gynae again? No matter what happens, be strong think positive. That is what i am trying to tell myself alth it can be hard at times esp when i c so many pregnant ladies around me. Lets jiayou tog!

26JMC

Rukia,

Kk has wrongly diagnose my condition n lucky my own gynae search it high n low for me!
I am currently 39weeks already.now on waiting game n hope she will b ready to see this world by coming week!

Hw abt u?? Got good news?

mei2009

hihi, just wondering if this thread is still active..

i had a miscarriage at nine weeks in February after a year of trying... as if that's not bad enough, i was diagnosed with CIN II from the prenatal PAP smear, removed a bit of cervix in April.. doc wanted me to wait six months but i couldn't wait that long so now we're back TTC-ing.. anyway she said the cervix will never grow back anyway..

it's so disheartening, to start the process all over again.. come here to read encouraging stories and cheer myself up!

Storyung

I had two miscarriages, both around 10 weeks. Both times I got pregnant again within 4 months (ie. one or two months after my period returns). I hear that the body is more fertile after a miscarriage.

mei2009

Oh dear.. Do you know the reason for your miscarriages?

Heard about being more fertile after miscarriage too. But I had surgery on cervix so I'm worried :(

Storyung

Yes, chromosomal error. That's usually the cause of early trimester losses and we confirmed it by sending the fetuses for testing after the D&Cs.