Anyone got pregnant soon after Miscarriage?

Storyung

Forgot to say, if you have had cervix issues, you must remind your gynae about checking for a condition known as incompetent cervix. That's when the cervix opens prematurely causing late miscarriages. This usually happens into mid-second trimester when the baby is heavy enough to exert weight on the cervix. Usually people don't know if they have this condition until after at least one miscarriage this way. A friend of mine lost her baby at 22 weeks and even held him in her arms before he died, after her cervix opened. The problem is easily prevented. For her next pregnancy, her gynae made a suture in her cervix at 14 weeks to prevent it from opening prematurely again and she went on to have a successful pregnancy.

mei2009

Thanks for sharing, Storyung. I wished I knew the reason for my miscarriage but I didn't have a D&C - it fell into the toilet =( And I'm overseas and my insurance didn't cover testing.

Yes, I definitely must alert doc about my previous conditions when I get pregnant again!

xiaodaisy

the first time was 5mths pregnant in 2003 oct and on jan 2004 i was pregnant again ..
the second time was 5mths pregnant in 2011 may and i was pregnant again on 2011 june ..

gnissim23

Hi any one chart BBT after MC? my BBT is super messy after my MC two weeks ago.. temp never drop during MC or after MC, only drop like a week later for 2 days den rise again.. any experience?

Dragontail

It's common for the erratic BBT charting especially you've just MC-ed couple weeks ago. Your body still have the "pregnancy hormone". It'll take a while for it to be cleared from your system. For me, my D&C was in mid Aug and I started charting sometime in Oct I think. My BBT was very ok then. So maybe give yourself another one month to see that the temping returns to normal.

fuyumi

I read online about the myth of getting pregnant easily after a miscarriage but there is no scientific evidence to it. I'm guessing sometimes it is just a coincidence of right timing. Recently, I just had an early miscarriage in the first trimester and I'm due to start trying again after my second cycle of AF ends. I think it's important not to rush even though sometimes we feel like we need to try asap. The waiting time for the 2 cycles did allow me time to get over the miscarriage and prepare me mentally for my next try.

Personally I think using the ovulation strips gives a better judgement as compared to charting temperature as the difference is small and pretty difficult to gauge.

gnissim23

hi, sorry to hear that too.. my gynae encourage me to start to try as it more on "let the natural take it course" for this moment. im doing BBT just for record and know how my temp is like... but have super eratic temperature.. i just notice that the temping i have now is the same temping i had like 6 mths back when i started to see TCM.. hopefully i dont need long to have back the so called "normal" BBT temperature again... cox i tried for 1.5 years before this pregnancy but it stop at like 4-5 weeks.. ya previous cycles i also use ovulation strips.. but not going to use for this mth.. hee.. perhaps if i had my mensus den i will start using ovulation strip again. cox for now i also dunno when to start test..

fuyumi

Yes, it be easier after your AF comes back before you can start tracking you ovulation again. It does go a little haywire for the first 1-2 rounds.

actually my gynae was telling me that it is relatively easier to get preggy right after mc. That's becos all the hormones in your body are getting alot. i rem when i went back for review after discharging the preg, I asked my gynae when can i start trying. she said looking at the womb, i m physically fit to try again but whether i was mentally ready to try. She said fr experience, alot of pple conceieve easily rt after mc. So, i started trying. i got preg the second cycle after mc. but then i was on fertility treatment as in jabs and clomid. but then the treatment doesnt always work cos i have been doing that for 1 and half yrs before i conceieve my first child and about 6 mths before i concieve the miscarriaged baby.

gnissim23

Hi, ya the doc did told me its a prime time to conceive again. but im also on TCM for 6 mths before i conceive (try naturally for 1 year before go tcm).. may i know when will first mensus come? i was told 4-6 weeks. but its 4-6 weeks after our MC is cleaned or from the first day of MC? mine lasted 5 days like normal period and spotting or slight bleeding for another week. (total 2 weeks)..

fuyumi

rachelleling,

Yes I have to agree that being prepared mentally to try again is important but I did realise that physically I felt a bit weak after the D&C. So i thought maybe it's better to strengthen back the body first before trying again. I tested for my ovulation and the result came out very positive for the first cycle. It may also be true that you can be quite fertile after your miscarriage.

gnissim23,

I was also told that the first menses will take around 6 weeks to come back and mine came back 3 weeks after the D&C. It was pretty much the same as before.

yunhyea

Hi,

I was tested positive for pregnancy on 06th Sept (LMP was 28th July) and went to visit gynae the next day but didn't manage to scan anything.
Gynae even asked me to go Thomson for first trimester viability but still unable to spot anything, gynae performed a blood test and to follow up the following Mon.
I spotted bleeding on the following Tue, did a blood test and gynae said it was miscarriage. The bleeding ended yesterday that had lasted for almost 1 week.

I don't really know what to eat to strengthen my body and whether my body is already fully recovered so that I can try to conceive again.

fuyumi

Hi,

I was tested positive for pregnancy on 06th Sept (LMP was 28th July) and went to visit gynae the next day but didn't manage to scan anything.
Gynae even asked me to go Thomson for first trimester viability but still unable to spot anything, gynae performed a blood test and to follow up the following Mon.
I spotted bleeding on the following Tue, did a blood test and gynae said it was miscarriage. The bleeding ended yesterday that had lasted for almost 1 week.

I don't really know what to eat to strengthen my body and whether my body is already fully recovered so that I can try to conceive again.
It is nice to hear that you're focused on recovering for your next pregnancy. Do avoid cold drinks or food. Most elderly keep advising me to take Angelica Sinensis (dang gui) and I usually steam it with chicken. I also take red date tea or liver to replenish any blood lost. Do not try to exert yourself as rest is essential for recovery. I'm currently going for TCM to adjust the hormones and overall health.

Give yourself a few months to regain back your health and also a better state of mine to try again. Rushing will not help.

Zzsleepymum

Hi yunhyea, I understand what you are going through.... After my first miscarriage, I did not know what to do as well. My friend introduced me to go Eu Yan Sang to tio my body. The Chinese physician will be better to advise you. Half-year later, I was pregnant with my first child.

yunhyea

Hi Fuyumi and zzzleepymum,

thanks alot of your advises :) ....
i have 2 more questions :(
1. can i do hair rebonding when TTC ?
2. i just checked my mercury level and found that it is high ... 76 the normal is between 0 to 60, anyone have any idea how to reduce ?
i already reduced my deep fish intake .. but still :(

Zzsleepymum

actually I quite kiasi la and eager to conceive a healthy baby back then. So I avoid those chemical treatments if possible, even though my gynae thinks is alright. Prob you can consult your gynae too. As for the mercury, I am not sure wor.

yumsoup

i'm still hving light spotting after about 1wk frm my D&C (1st preg).. i really hope I can stop bleeding soon and allow my body to ovulate again.. I would like to ask will the cycle days be same as b4? last time i'm hving 31 days cycle.

kimcraig277

I want to use this opportunity to thank this great woman called mother Iya for what she has done for me and my family, after trying for 5 years. This great woman has brought happiness and joy back again to me and my family. mother Iya has used her great herbal medicine to help me to get pregnant with her powerful ways and after 7 days of applying her herbs.This is more than words i can say, at first i didn't believe it but today it is so true and all thanks goes to her. i will advice every one out there that has a similar issue of not able to conceive, to try mother Iya herbal remedy to contact her. thank you mother and forever remain a blessing in my life. Contact her today on her email nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com and phone number +441133201124