Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better...

crystaloves

Re: Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better

My husband and I had been trying to conceive but failed. had read alot about ectopic pregnancy and I am scared to have so... about 10 days before, I always feel giddy and not well... Then, I thought I'm pregnant but my period came... However, my abdominal left side have slide pain on and off... Will it be ectopic?? I very confused? Or am I paranoid..?
There are many reasons why your abodominal areas are cramping. Ectopic pregnancy actually have the almost exact symptoms as normal pregnancy but u will only SUSPECT it if u are experiencing pain and there's nothing in your womb. Its on a case by case basis.. dun think too much.. once u tested positive if the pain persist.. Dun hesitate to see a Gynae...

sgdevil

Re: Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better

Had ectopic year 2007 n one miscarriage shortly...but successfully conceived my first baby thereafter n another the following year.now I am blessed with two wonderful daughters!so never give up!

Ignatiusmum

I have an ectopic pregnancy in Sep 2010. Gynae did not detect anything during my scan at 6th week and yet he did not order any further tests and ask me back for review in 2 weeks time which I didn't even make it cos I suffered massive cramp and bleeding and was rushed to hospital.

I underwent a keyhole surgery, insert camera and found baby attached to my tube and part of my external womb. My whole right tube together with my baby was removed.

I did not pay a single cent in cash as it was all covered under Medisave and I have my surgery done at KKH. Not to mention my surgery took place at 1 am. It was an emergency.

My menses returned shortly and I found myself pregnant again. Did a backward calculation, it took me 6 weeks from last surgery to get pregnant once again. I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and is looking forward to the arrival of my son in Aug 2011 =)

crystaloves

That was reaally lucky for you... i wanna get pregnant too.. but till now... there's still no news.. any ways on trying?

Ignatiusmum

Hi Crystal,

Don't give up, keep on trying. I remember taking folic acid again once I completed the medication that I took from hospital. Probably that helps in a way since they said that folic acid should be taken for woman preparing for pregnancy and during pregnancy. Mine was a tougher road because not only do I left with a single tube, I also have fibroid and a tilted womb. I was both physically and mentally hurt. I rem when I first returned home after discharge from hospital, my MIL didn't really give me any support, instead the only thing she said was NO SEX till end of the year. I mean who is she to tell me what to do when doctor already said I can try again after I am well. I told my hubby about it and he wasn't pleased at all. My mother even went to the extend of saying, if that is the case, ask her to get a cane and sit in our bedroom at night to ensure we don't do it. LOL! Anyway, it's ridiculous! If we were to listen to her, I guess we wouldn't have a son coming now. I do my own mini confinement, building up my health and I am glad that my hubby was very supportive during that time. He even went to the extend of quitting his job and stay around with me.

I remember shortly after I am fit to go out, I went with my hubby to Novena church and pray. And there, my hubby told me that he prayed to God to give him abundance of kids and, shortly after I was pregnant again. =)

My advice is do not be afraid to try again. Pray sincerely and God bless!

soapie

Hihi!

I'm new to this forum..

I just got married on 17 Jun 2011 and found out that I was pregnant on 17 Aug 2011. We were so excited then! ... However, after doing some blood tests and a few scans, the gynae said it was ectopic pregnancy! BB was 6 weeks. My hubby and myself were devastated! Gynae asked me to admit to hospital that night to do a detailed scan to confirm and may need to do surgery.

Things happended so fast!! Within a week, I knew I was pregnant to discovering that it was ectopic pregnancy and had to undergo key hole surgery to remove the foetus and my left tube. We decided to remove the tube so as to avoid the 20% risk that the same thing would happen again in the same tube.

Gynae did mentioned that there is a 10% risk of it happening again. Right now, we have already calmed down.. but worried that the same thing will happen again.
Haha!! I guess even if it happen again (*touchwood*), there won't be a third time right?

We are also thinking of doing IVF to avoid another ectopic pregnancy ... hmm..

After reading the threads on ectopic pregnancy, at least I see some HOPE in the air.. knowing that there are ladies who have successfully given birth after ectopic.
I hope I will be one of them..

I read that there is one lady who got pregnant 6 weeks after ectopic. WOW! ... So happy for you! :) I also saw some postings that it is better to try to conceive again after 2 menstrual cycles, i.e. around 3 months? When should I start eating folic acid again? I am seeing my gynae for review this week.. will ask him the burning qns too..

Thanks !!

Ignatiusmum

Hi soapie,

I guess I am the one who you mention that got pregnant after 6 weeks after ectopic. I have delivered my baby on the 05 August 2011. Currently still under confinement. :) Ladies, don't give up, there's certainly hope in the air.

I remember I continue on my folic acid one month after my ectopic. If I remember correctly, you should eat folic acid 3 months before you start trying for baby. Yes, I rem the doc at the hospital told me that I can try to get pregnant again after 2 mense cycle, i.e around 3 months but yes, I did it within 6 weeks :)

I do not think IVF procedure will remove the possibility of ectopic pregnancy. I remember reading it somewhere but please double check with your gynae. Like yourself, I have my right tube removed after the 1st ectopic.

Yes, although we are at a higher risk of ectopic pregnancy again but it doesn't mean we will get it again. Like what my gynae said, we can't be so "suay" all the time.

Good luck ladies! Jiayou!

reiann

Hi soapie,

I guess I am the one who you mention that got pregnant after 6 weeks after ectopic. I have delivered my baby on the 05 August 2011. Currently still under confinement. :) Ladies, don't give up, there's certainly hope in the air.

I remember I continue on my folic acid one month after my ectopic. If I remember correctly, you should eat folic acid 3 months before you start trying for baby. Yes, I rem the doc at the hospital told me that I can try to get pregnant again after 2 mense cycle, i.e around 3 months but yes, I did it within 6 weeks :)

I do not think IVF procedure will remove the possibility of ectopic pregnancy. I remember reading it somewhere but please double check with your gynae. Like yourself, I have my right tube removed after the 1st ectopic.

Yes, although we are at a higher risk of ectopic pregnancy again but it doesn't mean we will get it again. Like what my gynae said, we can't be so "suay" all the time.

Good luck ladies! Jiayou!

can be quite 'suay' all the time. I think most women frequenting this board are quite 'suay', very unfortunately :( it's a horrible thing, not having a successful pregnancy or getting pregnant at all.

I had two ectopics. the second one was really crushing. now we're trying again, normally, but this is the last attempt - if we have another ectopic, we'll be going IVF next.

yes it's true that you can get an ectopic even with IVF, as the fertilized eggs might not 'stick' onto the uterus, but might travel up to the fallopian tubes! but very low risk, and certainly lower than if you tried to conceive normally.

good luck, and please, please update us WHEN you get pregnant! (not if!) :)

soapie

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing ur experiences!
I cannot imagine having another ectopic...
If worse come to worse, cut away my other tube, still can get ectopic 3rd time?
I dun want to give up so easily! The fact tt we get ectopic means we are fertile right?
But, the thoughts of having to go thr the whole process again is scary!

Tink I will rest for a while.. Consult chinese sinseh and build up my health first..

reiann

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing ur experiences!
I cannot imagine having another ectopic...
If worse come to worse, cut away my other tube, still can get ectopic 3rd time?
I dun want to give up so easily! The fact tt we get ectopic means we are fertile right?
But, the thoughts of having to go thr the whole process again is scary!

Tink I will rest for a while.. Consult chinese sinseh and build up my health first..

no, I still have both tubes intact, and I went for a tubal xray, and my tubes are - surprisingly - fine, not blocked. but it may mean that my tubes are not able to push the fertilised egg into the womb.

there are other ways to terminate an ectopic, e.g. chemical abortion, using methotrexate.

I had a laproscopy done for my first ectopic, but it went so well, the tube is still 'normal' now.

yes, at least, at the very least, it means that we can get pregnant :) it's just the damn tubes. so I'd think that IVF can work very well for us. cos we got to the point of conception quite easily!

soapie

no, I still have both tubes intact, and I went for a tubal xray, and my tubes are - surprisingly - fine, not blocked. but it may mean that my tubes are not able to push the fertilised egg into the womb.

there are other ways to terminate an ectopic, e.g. chemical abortion, using methotrexate.

I had a laproscopy done for my first ectopic, but it went so well, the tube is still 'normal' now.

yes, at least, at the very least, it means that we can get pregnant :) it's just the damn tubes. so I'd think that IVF can work very well for us. cos we got to the point of conception quite easily!
Hi,

Gynae said that the chemical abortion doesn't work for me as my hcg level exceeded 1500.
If I may ask, how far apart were ur two ectopics? Within months or years?
I am already 31 this year.. Not young anymore. Ha!

reiann

Hi,

Gynae said that the chemical abortion doesn't work for me as my hcg level exceeded 1500.
If I may ask, how far apart were ur two ectopics? Within months or years?
I am already 31 this year.. Not young anymore. Ha!

yup. after a certain level, methotrexate wouldn't work. I was in quite a lot of pain for my first ectopic, and I didn't even know it was an ectopic till I went to get checked and my gynae scheduled a surgery that very afternoon. that was in 2007. I didn't try again for 3.5 years. my second ectopic was early this year, aborted chemically.

I'm nearing 31 too. very upsetting. sometimes I get very frustrated with these. but I know I'm not in the pits! some of my friends are hitting 40 and been trying for years to conceive, but nothing. at least we're not *that old.

take care! and I really wish for the very best for you :)

soapie

yup. after a certain level, methotrexate wouldn't work. I was in quite a lot of pain for my first ectopic, and I didn't even know it was an ectopic till I went to get checked and my gynae scheduled a surgery that very afternoon. that was in 2007. I didn't try again for 3.5 years. my second ectopic was early this year, aborted chemically.

I'm nearing 31 too. very upsetting. sometimes I get very frustrated with these. but I know I'm not in the pits! some of my friends are hitting 40 and been trying for years to conceive, but nothing. at least we're not *that old.

It's been nearing a week for me since the ops. At times, can't help feeling sad.
Anyway, let's not give up easily and continue to try!
I wish u the very best too! :)

shijiaxin

Hi Reiann

do u remove any tube? ur second ecoptic happened on the same tube?

Ignatiusmum

Ladies,

I am 33 this year. Had an ectopic pregnancy when I was 32. Having to deal with ectopic pregnancy at that time is devastating. Cos my hubby and I tried for a year, got the baby and then only to get my tube removed. I was told that baby is so big that it has grown to attached to part of external womb. As a result, not only they have removed my right tube and also part of my womb. Doc also told me I have got fibroid and tilted womb.

In all, I have the worst of all. A single tube, a tilted womb, fibroid and incomplete womb and my hubby and my age doesn't help at all. I am 32 and my hubby was 36. But we did it.

I remember during the time I was recuperating, I told myself, don't give up... i MUST get well. I MUST get myself back in health again. When I found out I was pregnant 6 weeks later, it was a mixed feeling. Fear of ectopic once again and doesn't help that I felt tingy pain just like my ectopic pregnancy on my left tube. I also felt that my womb is not ready or rather strong enough to hold my baby.

I was shaking in fear when I walked into the gynae. The moment she ask me to lie down and proceed to scan for the sac, I have prepared my mind for the worst. And oh my, what joy it was when she told me, you are definitely pregnant and mummy see, this is your baby and she pointed to a tiny pea on the screen.

My hubby and I jumped in joy. I asked her why I feel pain and she told me its due to uterus expansion and not ectopic.

Lady, I got pregnant in the worst conditions. I am sure you can too... let's motivate each other..don't give up!

shijiaxin

Hi Ignatiusmum

thanks for sharing...
i think i am situation is the same as u
i got bicornuate uterus and twice ectopic pregnancy... my tubes are intact still but make me even more worry that i may get the 3rd time..
but ur sharing give me some light, i am still trying tho and hope baby dust will arrive on me this time.

Ladies,

I am 33 this year. Had an ectopic pregnancy when I was 32. Having to deal with ectopic pregnancy at that time is devastating. Cos my hubby and I tried for a year, got the baby and then only to get my tube removed. I was told that baby is so big that it has grown to attached to part of external womb. As a result, not only they have removed my right tube and also part of my womb. Doc also told me I have got fibroid and tilted womb.

In all, I have the worst of all. A single tube, a tilted womb, fibroid and incomplete womb and my hubby and my age doesn't help at all. I am 32 and my hubby was 36. But we did it.

I remember during the time I was recuperating, I told myself, dont't give up... i MUST get well. I MUST get myself back in health again. When I found out I was pregnant 6 weeks later, it was a mixed feeling. Fear of ectopic once again and doesn't help that I felt tingy pain just like my ectopic pregnancy on my left tube. I also felt that my womb is not ready or rather strong enough to hold my baby.

I was shaking in fear when I walked into the gynae. The moment she ask me to lie down and proceed to scan for the sac, I have prepared my mind for the worst. And oh my, what joy it was when she told me, you are definitely pregnant and mummy see, this is your baby and she pointed to a tiny pea on the screen.

My hubby and I jumped in joy. I asked her why I feel pain and she told me its due to uterus expansion and not ectopic.

Lady, I got pregnant in the worst conditions. I am sure you can too... let's motivate each other..dont't give up!

lilcactus

Hi mummies, pls don't give up! I had an ectopic on Mar/Apr2011 and I was supposed to wait minimum 3-4 months before I can try again. But hubby and I didnt think we would be so lucky so just didnt use precaution that one time in end July and who knows I got pregnant! After gynae's check, bb is now 7 weeks and everything has been fine, bb in right position and just detected heartbeat. So dont stress yourself. Let things come naturally.

Mecy

Hi I am new to this forum. Had an ectopic pregnancy in August and had my left tube removed in kkh. Currently, still recuperating from the surgery. I asked doctor when I can try again for a child. He said as long as I am ready. Now, I am waiting for my Af to return after the surgery before I start trying again. I asked the doctor how does the surgery affect my chances of conceiving. He said that the fertility rate may be affected by 5% and not 50% as I initially thought (since one tube is gone).

soapie

Hi I am new to this forum. Had an ectopic pregnancy in August and had my left tube removed in Kandang Kerbau Hospital. Currently, still recuperating from the surgery. I asked doctor when I can try again for a child. He said as long as I am ready. Now, I am waiting for my Af to return after the surgery before I start trying again. I asked the doctor how does the surgery affect my chances of conceiving. He said that the fertility rate may be affected by 5% and not 50% as I initially thought (since one tube is gone).
Hi Mecy!
So coincidence! I had my left tube removed in KKH in august too. My surgery was on 23 aug.
I went to see my gynae 1 week after the surgery and he advise not to try within 6 mths.
I also went to consult a Chinese physician last weekend to build up my health. She said not to try within 3 mths.

My hubby and me are concerned that it may occur in the right tube nxt time.
We are praying hard it won't.. We are going to take half a year's break before trying again.
Meanwhile, Stay positive! Jia you!

Mecy

Hey! Mine was removed on 23rd August too! Around 11 pm... I was there at 1 plus for my first check up and it was then they discovered that I had no sac in my womb. I was supposed to be 7 weeks pregnant.

When I went back for my follow up and asked the gynea who operated on me whether I will have an increased possibility of miscarriage if I try too early after the surgery, he said no since nothing is done to my womb. He actually said I can try now but advised me to try after one cycle so that I can know that I am pregnant if I am to miss my period. Of course, he did say that since I had an ectopic pregnancy before, the chances of it recurring again is higher than those who never had it.

I am seeing a sinseh too.. To strengthen my body and regulate my menses after the surgery..

I am praying hard that i will not have another ectopic pregnancy too.. Asking God to place the embryo in the right place for the next pregnancy...