Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better...

crystaloves

Re: Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better

the flow is not as heavy as period... its like i only can see the blood after i wipe but not while doing small business.... and there's increase of the liquid thing too.. i dunno what is that... and i wonder is it consider spotting.. it might be early period.. but its like wierd to me...what do u think?

Mecy

Re: Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better

Take another test just to play safe?

crystaloves

its my period... sian... it got heavier today...

Mecy

Hugs..

Don't be too discouraged.. New cycle, new hope.. Jia you!!! :Dancing_wub:

sallyrumlee

Hi all,

I had ectopic pregnancy last two months and I opted for the injection however I have to make frequent trips to the hospital to check my blood count due to the injection etc. The foetus was growing along my c-sect scar so as it grew bigger, it stretched my scar and in the end make it thinner. There were afraid of my c-sect scar rupturing but I was given the option to inject or for operation however, as my heart rate and pulse was normal at the time I was admitted to A&E at KKH, they want me to try the injection first.

Till now there seems to be a small residue of blood clot but the drs will be monitoring as I did not experience any pain just some discharge every now and then. I am very very grateful to my company who understands my situation for allowing me to go for the frequent medical checkups every two weeks for monitorng purposes.

Mecy

Dear sallyrumlee,
Sorry to hear what u have gone through. Maybe u want to try eating black fungus.. Heard that it is pretty good in clearing our system... My mum steamed chicken or fish with black fungus after my surgery to clear the blood clots in me... U may want to try...

I also went to see the sinseh after the surgery and the sinseh also prescribe some medicine to clear the system for me...

soapie

Dear sallyrumlee,
Sorry to hear what you have gone through. Maybe you want to try eating black fungus.. Heard that it is pretty good in clearing our system... My mum steamed chicken or fish with black fungus after my surgery to clear the blood clots in me... you may want to try...

I also went to see the sinseh after the surgery and the sinseh also prescribe some medicine to clear the system for me...
Hey! me heard from a friend that black fungus helps to clear the womb too!
Pineapple too. :)

My menses came at week 7. first 3 days flood! Super Heavy flow.. But from 4th day, just a little left..

Did anyone have the same experience as me?

sallyrumlee

Hi Soapie,

Thank you for sharing. Anyway, just to share, old folks believe that pineapples are 'sharp' therefore during the olden days, for them to have a 'natural' abortion, they will feast on pineapples. Im am not too sure how this really stands though but I rather be 'old-fashioned' than paying thousands of $ on hospital bills. LOL.

I heard black fungus is good but I do not know how tocook them. Anyone?

Mecy

Hi Soapie, glad that ur menses is here. Mine was very heavy for the first two days too..

Hi sallyrumlee, my mum steams black fungus with fish and ginger... Sometimes, she boils vegetable soup with fish balls, chicken and also throw in a few pieces of black fungus..

Jazzagal

Hi all,

I was diagonised with ectopic pregnancy in Jan 13. The whole process of finding out what type is my pregnancy has been filled with uncertainty, at loss and anxiety... when i finally came to terms that the possibilities is narrowed down to miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy.... i turn to this thread for other mummies experiences and infomation and that allow me to make a better judgement to seek diagonise earlier. Sometimes gynae dont share all the info, details, treatments when they have not pinpoint the exact problem... so this thread actually help me a lot... I want to thank all those who have shared their comments here and i now would like to share mine so that i hope i can help.

Last Menstrual - early week of dec 12.
light Spotting appears - early week of jan (lasted a couple of days) - thought its my period or start of my period
dark spotting appears for 1 day in the following week - thought that finally actual period came... but next day was clear... puzzled
the same week friday took DIY preg test, dark vertical line, faint horizontal line, but still a + to me, next day excited went to see GP for confirmation, first she say negative, after talking, she turn back and saw a faint line...... she advised that by normal cycle i'm 6 weeks preg and should show dark line, advise to see gynae asap. Went to see gynae, he said at this stage may be too early to see baby buy did ultrasound anyway, and yeah cannot see baby... but also commented that my uterus lining was a little thin. He advised 3 possiblities 1. early pregancy 2. miscarriage 3. ectopic preg. Drew blood for HCG test where the level could show signs for the different symptoms. need to go and draw blood 2 days later at the same timing to show how HCG level performs - rise (early preg), drop (miscarriage), constant (ectopic). was prescribed bedrest for 1 week due to the spotting. (at this point of time... i feel perfectly normal). Gynae also prescribed dupeston pills.
results of 2 days later blood test was at 2XXX.... which means i'm around 4-5 weeks preg. Didnt ask for 1st blood test result cos dont want to deduce the result myself. During bedrest week....feel heartburn, increased burbing, tender breasts...thought it may be due to the pill, and feel really pregnant?
Decided to wait a week after the first gynae visit so that we thought we could see the sac by then. First hcg was about 14XX, so it did rise. When did scan the last time was below 2K, so most likely cannot see sac. Went for scan, gynae say my bladder is almost empty... i was thinking... ok... so what does that have to do with the scanning... apparently i should not empty my bladder cos need urine to scan.... gynae suggest vaginal scan.... i was like NOOOO... opt to go drink water.... and return for the scan.... 2nd scan... gynae say the amount of water i drank really not enough... should drink 2X1.5L water... anyway did the scan and still cannot find. At that time, I argued that cannot find bb cos it may be due to the lack of water....gynae look at my 2nd hcg and counted the days .... should be able to see something by now.
Husband started to worry, and we decided to seek 2nd opinion but want subsidised in case anything happens, the cost could be manageable. went to polyclinic to get referral, doc says vagina scan is very common and more accurate as its nearer the uterus.... no one explain that to me before... managed to get appointment 6 days later.
That night.... feel like a wreck... cos i partly blame myself for not doing the vaginal scan... and now everything is still unknown.... but i deduce that at this stage should be miscarriage or ectopic already. Cried.... and keep asking myself... why the whole process... the only words are "cannot find", there is no affirmation that "congrats... you are week X pregnant" I asked the baby.. "where are you... show yourself please.... please dont hurt mummy.... " the next morning, i read this forum thread.... and understood if detected early.... can just do MTX injection..... worse case is cut off tube.. I told husband all the options and told him speed of diagnosis is impt.... and we decided to go KK A&E.
And after doing the vaginal scan.... also "cannot see".... so i know already.....I asked gyne if injection MTX can help me.. she said its for 3000 hcl level and below, my hcg has risen to 6K. solution is to remove it. i want to preserve my tube. KK slot me to do a detailed scan.... about 1 hr long... mostly varginal scan... and found the ectopic pregnancy and admit me in for surgery.
before surgery... they advised again....preserving tube may lead to complications thereafter.... i told doctor i'm only so young,... and lose 1 tube???? After thinking, i gave in... no point going through another agony of complications.... Doc also say the keyhole surgery, least no of holes... 2, max 4
Did the surgery under GA. came out with 3 holes. was on fluid diet for the day and started eating at night onwards. next morning understand tube removed, but other tube ok.... morning discharged, was happy and thought that i have gotten over it finally.... cos no more uncertainty... no more worries. but return home and cried cos of all the memories of joy that im pregnant came back........ i was previously nourishing my body for baby,... now im nourishing my body after surgery.
will take these coming 2 weeks to rest and get over it.
So this was my life story for the past 2 weeks.....my only advise is seek diagnosis early... kk gynae say if i seek treatment when my hcg was 2K, could still do injection... but i was later than that, at 2K i was hoping for a baby.... well, at least the tube have not rupture and i did not bleed or experience pain for the whole process..

Mecy

Dera Jazzagal,
Thanks for your sharing.

Just to share with you that I also had my left tube removed. And the good news is that even though we are left with one tube, it does not mean that our possibility of getting pregnant is reduced by half. I got pregnant again 5 months later after having my tube removed and i gave birth to a healthy girl in October last year. After my tube was removed, I went to sinseh to tiao my body and 3 months later, started trying. So do rest well and Try again when u r ready.

mQUOTE=Jazzagal;753436]Hi all,

I was diagonised with ectopic pregnancy in Jan 13. The whole process of finding out what type is my pregnancy has been filled with uncertainty, at loss and anxiety... when i finally came to terms that the possibilities is narrowed down to miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy.... i turn to this thread for other mummies experiences and infomation and that allow me to make a better judgement to seek diagonise earlier. Sometimes gynae dont share all the info, details, treatments when they have not pinpoint the exact problem... so this thread actually help me a lot... I want to thank all those who have shared their comments here and i now would like to share mine so that i hope i can help.

Last Menstrual - early week of dec 12.
light Spotting appears - early week of jan (lasted a couple of days) - thought its my period or start of my period
dark spotting appears for 1 day in the following week - thought that finally actual period came... but next day was clear... puzzled
the same week friday took DIY preg test, dark vertical line, faint horizontal line, but still a + to me, next day excited went to see GP for confirmation, first she say negative, after talking, she turn back and saw a faint line...... she advised that by normal cycle i'm 6 weeks preg and should show dark line, advise to see gynae asap. Went to see gynae, he said at this stage may be too early to see baby buy did ultrasound anyway, and yeah cannot see baby... but also commented that my uterus lining was a little thin. He advised 3 possiblities 1. early pregancy 2. miscarriage 3. ectopic preg. Drew blood for HCG test where the level could show signs for the different symptoms. need to go and draw blood 2 days later at the same timing to show how HCG level performs - rise (early preg), drop (miscarriage), constant (ectopic). was prescribed bedrest for 1 week due to the spotting. (at this point of time... i feel perfectly normal). Gynae also prescribed dupeston pills.
results of 2 days later blood test was at 2XXX.... which means i'm around 4-5 weeks preg. Didnt ask for 1st blood test result cos dont want to deduce the result myself. During bedrest week....feel heartburn, increased burbing, tender breasts...thought it may be due to the pill, and feel really pregnant?
Decided to wait a week after the first gynae visit so that we thought we could see the sac by then. First hcg was about 14XX, so it did rise. When did scan the last time was below 2K, so most likely cannot see sac. Went for scan, gynae say my bladder is almost empty... i was thinking... ok... so what does that have to do with the scanning... apparently i should not empty my bladder cos need urine to scan.... gynae suggest vaginal scan.... i was like NOOOO... opt to go drink water.... and return for the scan.... 2nd scan... gynae say the amount of water i drank really not enough... should drink 2X1.5L water... anyway did the scan and still cannot find. At that time, I argued that cannot find baby cos it may be due to the lack of water....gynae look at my 2nd hcg and counted the days .... should be able to see something by now.
Husband started to worry, and we decided to seek 2nd opinion but want subsidised in case anything happens, the cost could be manageable. went to polyclinic to get referral, doc says vagina scan is very common and more accurate as its nearer the uterus.... no one explain that to me before... managed to get appointment 6 days later.
That night.... feel like a wreck... cos i partly blame myself for not doing the vaginal scan... and now everything is still unknown.... but i deduce that at this stage should be miscarriage or ectopic already. Cried.... and keep asking myself... why the whole process... the only words are "cannot find", there is no affirmation that "congrats... you are week X pregnant" I asked the baby.. "where are you... show yourself please.... please dont hurt mummy.... " the next morning, i read this forum thread.... and understood if detected early.... can just do MTX injection..... worse case is cut off tube.. I told husband all the options and told him speed of diagnosis is impt.... and we decided to go KK A&E.
And after doing the vaginal scan.... also "cannot see".... so i know already.....I asked gyne if injection MTX can help me.. she said its for 3000 hcl level and below, my hcg has risen to 6K. solution is to remove it. i want to preserve my tube. KK slot me to do a detailed scan.... about 1 hr long... mostly varginal scan... and found the ectopic pregnancy and admit me in for surgery.
before surgery... they advised again....preserving tube may lead to complications thereafter.... i told doctor i'm only so young,... and lose 1 tube???? After thinking, i gave in... no point going through another agony of complications.... Doc also say the keyhole surgery, least no of holes... 2, max 4
Did the surgery under GA. came out with 3 holes. was on fluid diet for the day and started eating at night onwards. next morning understand tube removed, but other tube ok.... morning discharged, was happy and thought that i have gotten over it finally.... cos no more uncertainty... no more worries. but return home and cried cos of all the memories of joy that im pregnant came back........ i was previously nourishing my body for baby,... now im nourishing my body after surgery.
will take these coming 2 weeks to rest and get over it.
So this was my life story for the past 2 weeks.....my only advise is seek diagnosis early... kk gynae say if i seek treatment when my hcg was 2K, could still do injection... but i was later than that, at 2K i was hoping for a baby.... well, at least the tube have not rupture and i did not bleed or experience pain for the whole process..[/QUOTE]

reiann

jazzagal,

I'm very sorry for your loss. truly am.

I suffered two ectopic before I conceived my beautiful baby girl in Sept last year.

the first ectopic was entirely bewildering to me. it caused pain and blood, and when I went to see my gynae, I was asked to go for surgery that afternoon. I was caught unprepared. my tube was saved, but doing more research into it, I wasn't sure if it was ideal, cos if the tube was saved, butscarred, it might mean yet another ectopic. later xrays showed that the tube was actually ok.

second ectopic truly broke my heart. this time it did not even progress much. my body started 'aborting' it by itself. but I still had the injection anyway, to get rid of all fetal matter completely.

I was so sad. obsessed with getting pregnant again, wishing so much for a child. but hey. the month we stopped worrying about conceiving, about making a baby, just enjoying ourselves.. we got pregnant. and a normal one too :)

so, hang in there. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. but take time to heal, grieve for yourself and the baby, and slowly... recover. you'll be fine. as I always tell others with ectopic - at least you CAN conceive. it's just the tube that's the issue!

Jazzagal

Hi Mecy and Reiann,
I was truly surprised that there were replies to my post since this thread was not active since 2011. Thank you very much for your sharings and I'm very touched. You both are strong women and your stories help me to be positive.

I'm now resting at home but just now I saw some slight spotting and man, I'm going through really bad constipation.... really made me grouchy..... I hope the slight spotting should be ok? Its just ironic that after surgery, i didnt bleed at all and now i'm spotting day 3 after surgery.....

Just wondering if you girls eat special stuff to nourish your womb or bodies?

thanks for your sharing once again..... it great to know you..

reiann

hey,

I get notified when somebody post something on this thread :)

not sure about slight spotting.. do monitor it. did your gynae inform you of this?
for my second ectopic, I initially thought I was pregnant as my period was late. but pregnancy test was negative. after two weeks of late period, I began bleeding, so I thought just a late period, but it turned out that the bleeding was my body aborting the ectopic pregnancy. VERY heavy flow, and I also discharged some 'matter'. went to see gynae for check up after, and turned out I was pregnant with ectopic. I kept bleeding, I think, for about 3 weeks.

I didn't eat anything in particular, as I am not the sort to believe in traditional medicine or confinement etc. I just eat good food, lots of fruits, veggie, good good food. I also ate a rich diet. haha. but nothing.. the month I conceived, I did feel very relaxed, though. went for several holidays! had lots of good meals in japan.

keep in touch! meanwhile, please take it easy and rest more. and honestly.. you CAN conceive. that's already so much better than other poor women (I feel for them :( - who cannot even conceive. so, I'd say, now with a baby girl and back to work, I'd say, ENJOY your time with your husband now. I know it in my bones you will get pregnant one day. so enjoy this time! I kind of regretted being so obsessive about being pregnant. I wished I"d enjoy my time with just me and my husband more. especially the holidays!!

sharon86

Hi Reiann, was surprised to read that we are in the same boat. I had etopic pregancy in Jan too but had a choice of injection instead. And finally given all cleared by gynae last week. Would be great if if there is someone who are in the same situation to give support to each other. Hope you are doing great now.

Mecy

Hi Jazzagal,
Take more papayas.. That may help to ease your constipation...
After my ectopic pregnancy, I went to a sinseh in Kembagan to nourish my health.. Told him what I went through and he prescribed medication to firstly clean my womb and then nourish my health to prepare for pregnancy... Started trying after three months as advised by the sinseh...other than that, I ate as normal.

crystaloves

Mecy how are you! Its been really long hehe

preciousthot

hi all

i just had an ectopic pregnancy and it ruptured my right tube. my Gynae managed to remove the ectopic rupture, without removing my right tube. it was a horrible period to get through and in fact, i am still trying to get thru the emotions.

Elia1023

Hi ladies,

This is my first post. It is so comforting to see that I am not alone in this ectopic pregnancy issue. I had an open surgery in oct 2011 to remove a 10cm fibroid. That was a nightmare but I survived through that. My hubby and myself have been married for two yrs four mths now and we have been ttc ever since we married. I took half a yr to eight mth to recuperate and decided to go see a sinsei at Clementi to tiao my body. Started seeing the Tcm in jan this yr and a short period of one to two months of taking his med and acupuncture, I was pregnant. We are so happy.

The happiness was short lived. Just 6 weeks into the pregnancy, I was suspected to have ectopic pregnancy. Just went for blood test yst and now waiting for the confirmation. I was so disappointed and cried the whole day yst. Than I started to seek comfort in forums. This forum helped me a lot in dealing with my emotion and the successful cases of getting pregnant again is bringing me hope that one day I will be able to get pregnant again. Thanks ladies.

i totally can understand the anxiety and frustration. I guess we just have to have some faith and keep trying no matter what. Jia you to those who are like myself and good luck to those who are ttc after the ordeal :)

Preciousthot, u will get through this. There are a lot of successful pregnancy that come along with the ectopic pregnancy. Keep ur spirit high. When u r ready, u will get it.

Elia1023

Received my HCG count yesterday. It was only approximately 200 which is normal for a normal pregnancy. Now I am confuse... Maybe it is too early to detect whether it is ectopic pregnancy? But the scan showed abnormality. Anyone has such symptoms?