Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better...

twinsymom

Re: Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better

I am so glad i found this forum tho is not very active...joining this thread to share my story..

i found out that i was pregnant after trying for 2 years. my hubby and i were overjoyed! but good things dont last.my baby heartbeat stopped at week 7. i did a D&C on week 8...we thought all was well and told i can try again after my 1 cycle.

3 weeks after my D&C..my horror began. I had a terrible stomachache one fine day. from the date i was pregant till then..i had constipation. in fact, constipation is my first sympton. but why after DC i am still constipating?? initially i thot i was suffering from food poisoning but the pain was so bad that i could not even walk. every move is painful. i cant even turn to my side. an ambulance was called and i was sent to TTSH A&E. was told i might be having a etopic pregnancy! i told the doc it is not possible as i had a DC 3 weeks ago and no intercourse since then!

docs did their test on me. every touch sent me screaming. my blood pressue is only 30/50...doc saw my uterus was bleeding. I had my first op for the day. the surgeon stopped my bleeding and told me that they confirmed i am having an etopic preg. and need to be operated immediately.

i was in 4 hours operation and lost 3 litres of blood. i was hospitalised for 3 days and 1 month of hospitalisation leave..

after my recovery, i went back to my gynae..he was shocked and in his 30+ years of practice, i was the 2nd patient he encountered with "heterotopic pregnancy" (ie 1 is in the tube & the other is outside the tube)..and the chances is 1 in 1000.

the sad thing is etopic pregnancy cant be detected unless there is pain. but throughout my 6 weeks of preggie, i had no pain..

doc told me to try again after 6 months..but i duno if i have the courage to try again as recurring etopic pregancy is possible..

when i see my pregnant friends..my heart still hurt..

soapie

Re: Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better

Hi twinsymom, sorry to hear abt what happened to you. I have not heard of heterotopic pregnancy before... I had ectopic pregnancy in Aug 2011, so I can totally relate to your stories. I tried Chinese medicine and it could be coz of that ... I was successfully in 2012 and delivered a daughter in Oct 2012. Just want to say ... Don't be despair! Give it a try again after 6 months ....... I was scared of a recurring ectopic, but as we wanted to hv kids, we decided to give it a try... Have a good rest, eat well ... n Jia you !!

soapie

Twinsymom, can email to me if you need someone to 'talk' to .......... =)

crystaloves

hi

Hello ladies!!! I am truely glad that everyone who have the same situation or otherwise gathers at the same place and share thoughts and gice encouragement to each other. Im glad to create such a space for u ladies.. I tried for 4 years and had 1 mc and 2 ectopics.. I success deliver my girl this january.. its a bumpy ride and I almost gave up.. but trust me.. god will give when the right time arrives.. it might be really tough but u will get your answers. .. remember to recuperate well both physically and mentally.. such special pregnancy cases normally happens based on environmental effects which u cant see.. stress is a big factor.. one day u will see your little beanie hb and thats when u know.. this is it.. hugs to u ladies k...

reiann

yup I agree with other posters above. really so glad to hear other mums with ectopic having babies successfully! cos I also happily have a beautiful baby daughter last september.

any mums with ectopic and now have TWO or more babies? hehe

twinsymom

Twinsymom, can email to me if you need someone to 'talk' to .......... =)
thank you soapie :)

the other night i was asking my hubby should we try again. he was like "huh, so fast" guess i will try again in 2 mths time. give my body 4 months to recuperate.

thanks ladies for sharing your successful stories after etopic.

gracerays

I just had an ectopic pregnancy.. am just wondering if there are any gynae recommendations that you have after your ectopic journey.. thank you.. :)