Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better...

crystaloves

Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? My doc confirmed mine last thurs and my percentage of being preg has drop about 20 percent and the operation scars has been frustrating for me.... i dunno why i will have to face this at young age... i was overjoyed when i knew i was a positive.. but a unpleasant one... hope theres anyone who have the same experience willing to share

shijiaxin

Re: Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better

Hi Crystaloves,

Nice to meet you , I got ecoptic pregnancy too. It was back in Aug this year. I got 3 scars (small) but did the doc cut off your fallopian tube? If no, be happy about it.

Although it is very sad and frustrating that this tragic happened to us, but dont because of this pull you down :) be strong and try to build your body back to try again. For me i am officially trying again so I believe you can too.

I know these scars give us memories, but how about letting these scars to remind us that our pregnancy doesnt come as easily as people, so that we will need to be a better mother to our future baby? Think positive!

As to me to think this way, let me feel more eager to be mother and brighten my life :)

Dont be sad, stay positive and try to build your back to shape to try again. Dont give up :)

God Bless you...

Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? My doc confirmed mine last thurs and my percentage of being preg has drop about 20 percent and the operation scars has been frustrating for me.... i dont know why i will have to face this at young age... i was overjoyed when i knew i was a positive.. but a unpleasant one... hope theres anyone who have the same experience willing to share

crystaloves

Re: Anyone had ectopic pregnancy experience? We can share how we feel to feel better

hey i am glad to have someone who is having the same experience with me... i hope we can be friends and give support to each other... were your tubes removed?? I went for check today.. see the pics... i was shocked... my tube has infection and blood clot... that caused the baby to developed in the tube.. how about yours? doc didnt cut my whole tube away... only remove the blood clot.. isnt it considered lucky?? did your doc told u not to try after 6 monthes? i have alot of questions in mind... i don't know how to take care....

hi there mummies,

i too, had an ectopic pregnancy b4. i remembered buying 4 diff brands of preg test kit just to be sure. one after another, all results were positive. was so overjoyed.

a week later, started to bleed (like menses). then quickly went to see a gynae... who couldnt detect any sign of pregnancy thru his u/s machine... but urine test done in his clinic was still positive... and then he had only one thing to say to me... "I think it's an ectopic pregnancy."

my heart sank.. right down to my stomach.

lucky in a way that i didnt have to chop off any fallopian tube as the test showed that the level of i forgot what hormones/ human level was dropping. it means that the egg is "diminishing" on it's own, not growing. so my tube will not burst.

but i still have to receive injection of some cytotoxic drug to make sure that the egg will confirm die off.... :(

really sad.

but 6 months after, i was pregnant again. now this cute cupcake is currently 8months old.

crystaloves

hi there,
lucky yours is auto dissolve on its on... mine were not... i have to go thru op... kkhospital doc told me if i were to take that injection the side effects that my hair will fall.. i felt so so so screwed up... hmm.. womens body there's alot of complications..

shijiaxin

hey i am glad to have someone who is having the same experience with me... i hope we can be friends and give support to each other... were your tubes removed?? I went for check today.. see the pics... i was shocked... my tube has infection and blood clot... that caused the baby to developed in the tube.. how about yours? doc didnt cut my whole tube away... only remove the blood clot.. isnt it considered lucky?? did your doc told you not to try after 6 monthes? i have alot of questions in mind... i dont't know how to take care....
Hi Crystaloves,

I got almost the same incident as you but i didnt get any infection. Fortunately my tube is intact, thank to my gynae as he is very experience he manage to save my tube which he himself was glad for himself too.

Did you ask your doc whether the side that got infection will affect your pregnancy?
After 3 months, my gynae told me i can officially try to conceive. So i am officially trying now :)

During this period of time, it very important for you to build back your health! so stay positive and take good care of yourself...

crystaloves

right side.... that i got infection.... it will affect de... anyway... which doc u went to? can share? expenses is expensive for ur op? how much u actually paid overall?

Last edited:

shijiaxin

right side.... that i got infection.... it will affect ... anyway... which doc you went to? can share? expenses is expensive for your op? how much you actually paid overall?
Hi Crystaloves

i am sorry to hear that....

i am very sure my is more expensive than your as i went to private gynae and he is Dr Peter Chew. He is located in GlenE, my op was done there too and overall I had spent for the op only was closed to 5K.

However i think i spent more than 5K as after op i went a lot follow ups... I not sure do you need or not, but do check with your gynae about it.

The follow up included X-ray and ultrascan, the x-ray is a bit painful as it was done by inserting a pen like thing inside the virginal, this xray is to check the length and thickness of the tubes and for ultrascan i dont think i need to explain much. For all the follow up i sent another 1K which is not claimable from insurance or medisave.

Anyway to make you a little more delighted :) i am diagnosis to have a bicornuate uterus which pregnancy will be a challenge to me. BUT i am not sad at all, and i never give up! so you too! JIA YOU

MommyLee

Hi Crystaloves,

I got my etopic pregnancy last year March as well... same case.. test kits showed positive and eversince then I had spotting for 2 weeks. I went to gynae and he asked me to come back 2 weeks time without mentioning etopic pregnancy. Feeling insecure, i seek for another gynae from TMC and he start to worried bout etopic pregnancy which made me worried (This was my second pregnancy since 7 years ago). I went thru several test and he dare not to claim if it is etopic pregnancy as it was too early to commit. Until one day i woke up in pain n rush to hospital for surgery.

Surgery cost me bout almost 5k... til now i have not pregnant and still waiting if there is miracle will be given to me.. as after one year, i went back to seek gynae for advise on pregnancy.. and he told me that my other fallopian tube was blocked and he advised to go for IVF straight away. do not waste time and cash to check on the fallopian tube as it need to go thru same op as etopic meaning cost same amount as etopic op.

Anyway... keep myself in positive mind... and focus on my son now..

So Crystaloves... keep yourself busy with other thought than this etopic case... stay healthy and after 3mth plus.. start trying again..... hope you get a good news in few months time... :)

Cheers...

megtan

I had ectopic pregnancy in 2008. Tested +ve pregnancy one week after missed period but a few days later started bleeding. Went for scan, no sac. Did blood test and confirmed ectopic. Gynae advised to remove the entire fallopian tube as risk of getting ectopic pregnancy again on the same tube very high if not remove. But with the removal, chance of getting pregnant is halved. Decided to remove as I don't want the risk. Well, we just let nature takes it own course.

In terms of feeling sad, not really probably coz everything happened so quickly that I didn't have time to react and just went through the motion as a matter of fact. However, the recovery process was really bad (hated the medication) and emotions ran wild probably due to the sudden change in hormones.

Anyway, after resting for a few months, tried again and managed to conceive in 2009. My son is born early this year, now 8.5 months.

MommyLee

Feel happy for your little one Megtan... :)

:twink:

I had ectopic pregnancy in 2008. Tested +ve pregnancy one week after missed period but a few days later started bleeding. Went for scan, no sac. Did blood test and confirmed ectopic. Gynae advised to remove the entire fallopian tube as risk of getting ectopic pregnancy again on the same tube very high if not remove. But with the removal, chance of getting pregnant is halved. Decided to remove as I dont't want the risk. Well, we just let nature takes it own course.

In terms of feeling sad, not really probably coz everything happened so quickly that I didn't have time to react and just went through the motion as a matter of fact. However, the recovery process was really bad (hated the medication) and emotions ran wild probably due to the sudden change in hormones.

Anyway, after resting for a few months, tried again and managed to conceive in 2009. My son is born early this year, now 8.5 months.

poohbear21

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I was diagnosed ectopic pregnancy on 22/11, mon(ard 5-6weeks pregnant) and had MTX( methotrexate injection) immediately to terminate the pregnancy. My hcg hormone was 3500 before the injection. 4 days(26/11,fri) after the injection, it raise to 4300 plus but my doctor says it is normal as the drug takes some time to work. She said it will start to drop by next week.

When I ask her whether I need to go for 2nd MTX jab, she told me no need. I'm abit worry that if my hcg dont drop by next week, I will need operation...

Could someone share your experience after taking the MTX. Is it normal for the hcg to raise after the MTX injection... I still very worry as this is my 1st time pregnancy and it so stressful ....

poohbear 21

Last edited:

shijiaxin

Do you want to seek alternative advice from another gynae?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I was diagnosed ectopic pregnancy on 22/11, mon(around 5-6weeks pregnant) and had MTX( methotrexate injection) immediately to terminate the pregnancy. My hcg hormone was 3500 before the injection. 4 days(26/11,fri) after the injection, it raise to 4300 plus but my doctor says it is normal as the drug takes some time to work. She said it will start to drop by next week.

When I ask her whether I need to go for 2nd MTX jab, she told me no need. I'm abit worry that if my hcg dont drop by next week, I will need operation...

Could someone share your experience after taking the MTX. Is it normal for the hcg to raise after the MTX injection... I still very worry as this is my 1st time pregnancy and it so stressful ....

poohbear 21

poohbear21

Yes. I visited 2 obestricians(Dr Irene at KKH and Dr Fong at paragon). Both doctors couldnt see anything on my scan and suspect ectopic pregnancy. So, I did the MTX injection at KKH on Mon.

Repeated my hcg test yesterday and the result shows that it is still increasing but very slowly. My KKH doctor said it is normal for the hcg to increase initially and then drop after 4-7 day post injection. She seem very confident and nice. She told me to do another blood test on next Tue... Hope my hcg will drop next week and my menses come soon.

She also order a HSG test (to do 3mth later) to check my fallopian tube to see if there is any blockage. She said if the HSG test normal, i can start to conceive again. If abnormal then have to try IVF.

Last edited:

crystaloves

I heard about injections at KK but the docter's advise that the injection will cause hair fall as side effects...i chose surgery.. i think i am still recovering now..will only to concieve a year or so.. to be safe... Will definitely find my gynae to discussed if wanna concieve.. as timing is very important.. Do u girls have any pain..during those period.. i keep suffering from accute pain till i cant tolerate.. :embarrassed:

poohbear21

Hi Crystaloves,

My Dr didn't mention about hair loss, the common side effects are mouth ulcers, abdominal pain and heavy bleeding. So far I only have mild abdominal cramp. No hair loss. The recovery time for drug therapy is faster than surgery, but it can only be used for early stage pregnancy (< 6 week). The drug stops the fetus from growing and then it will be expelled by the body during menses. For more information about MTX, please click on this link: Methotrexate (MTX) for Early Abortion

Who is your doctor at KKH, I think he gave you the wrong information.

Did you take antibotic after the surgery? And remember dont take heavy thing for the first few months.

Last edited:

crystaloves

I chose surgery cos my right side cause me heavy pain and if it continues i might even die... my doc is from private.. Dr Jen.. he is fast and attentive.. will go back tohim if i am planning for one..

poohbear21

ic. You must rest well and dont take heavy things.

My Dr says I can try to conceive after 3 months. Hope my next pregnancy will be normal.
BTW, I will be taking Bai Foong Pill from Eu Ran Sang to strengthen my health. Many people say it is very effective.

Last edited:

shijiaxin

hi ladies

i got it again~ and thinking anyone got ectopic pregnancy twice and able to conceive successfully?

fynn

My husband and I had been trying to conceive but failed. had read alot about ectopic pregnancy and I am scared to have so... about 10 days before, I always feel giddy and not well... Then, I tot I'm pregnant but my period came... However, my abdominal left side have slide pain on and off... Will it be ectopic?? I very confused? Or am I paranoid..?