Anyone has rashes or fungal infection beneath yr breasts during BF?

nancy

I have developed red rashes under my breasts (skin between the breasts and tummy) which eventually became fungal infection (wet due to perspiration, "warm" and sometimes itchy) during my 1st month of BF. It cleared after a few weeks of "airing" my breasts (lifting my breasts up so that the skin below them can "breathe" and be dry), washing them with Cyteal and applying anti-fungal cream. now the problem is back again (3 1/2 month of BF). Anyone has encountered such problem and how do you prevent or cure it?

M&M

I have developed red rashes under my breasts (skin between the breasts and tummy) which eventually became fungal infection (wet due to perspiration, "warm" and sometimes itchy) during my 1st month of BF. It cleared after a few weeks of "airing" my breasts (lifting my breasts up so that the skin below them can "breathe" and be dry), washing them with Cyteal and applying anti-fungal cream. now the problem is back again (3 1/2 month of BF). Anyone has encountered such problem and how do you prevent or cure it?
never experience that. but i think by keeping the area clean and dry should help.

nancy

never experience that. but i think by keeping the area clean and dry should help.
Very difficult to keep it dry cos I perspire alot especially during confinement and while wearing bra. I tried not to wear bra at home.. but the moment I start to wear bra, the sweat trapped underneath my breasts will start to cause rashes. Sigh/./

teardrops26

my problem is slightly different, i have rashes all over my body!started off as little bumps and sometimes if i scratched an area, bumps will appear too!painful and itchy till i cant take it so scratch and nw many scars, wen to see 3 drs already, including one from National Skin Ctr, am on antihistamines now but no use, old ones dry up and new ones keep appearing, almost one month now but still not recovering, also hve red painful ones around the breast area but dun dare to apply cream cos BF..am quite lost as to what to do....

tika

i had it during my first pregnancy. Like you I was super sweaty. So at night I sleep topless for about 1 week. No choice cos i HAD to air the area beneath my breasts if not it gets worst. Was bfing so Doc gave me fungal wash only, no cream. It cleared in a week plus. I slept in air con too so as not to sweat. Not too cold air con though...slightly below room temperature was enough for me.

nancy

i had it during my first pregnancy. Like you I was super sweaty. So at night I sleep topless for about 1 week. No choice cos i HAD to air the area beneath my breasts if not it gets worst. Was bfing so Doc gave me fungal wash only, no cream. It cleared in a week plus. I slept in air con too so as not to sweat. Not too cold air con though...slightly below room temperature was enough for me.
I apply the fungal cream as the rashes were underneath the breasts. It will not harm the baby. As long as you keep yr areola free from the cream can already. In addition, I put a small towel on the area whhich I applied the cream so that my baby's skin will not get in contact of it.

I also use Cyteal to wash the affected area during my showers. It took me a few weeks to heal and I have to constantly wipe dry the area. Sigh..

stonston

I had the same problem but it was quite mild. Dr asked me to put a small hanky there when I wear bra so that hanky will absorb the perspiration. End up I bought a padded non-wired bra which solved the problem :)