Anyone intend to go for 2nd IVF in 2012?

mymiracle

Hi Ladies,

I am thinking of trying for my 2nd fresh cycle this year. Anyone on the same line too?

Still considering whether to go for KK or GH... My last round was with KK (fresh (Sep'11 & Frozen Nov'11) but both failed :(

Really hopeless... it's been 10 years :(

Oink

Hi mymiracle

Just did IVF 2 weeks ago but failed. Just got my negative results today :( So now, also wondering if I should go for round 2 after resting a while.

It has been about 10 years for me too.

Oink

Thanks... coming to terms with it.

But I'm experiencing very bad cramps and weird blood discharge. Anyone know if it is normal to experience this after IVF? It is worse than my normal menstrual cramps :(

Mintybaby

Hi all,

I am on my second fresh cycle (ICIS) this year, started March. Today is my day 10 of ET.

For this cycle, my dosage of meds were increased tremendously and with new meds/jabs. Managed to retrieve more eggs as compared to my first round. So i had high hopes but on day 3, put two 6 & 7 cell embryos in my uterus (while i had perfect beautiful two 8 cell embryos for my first cycle) and sad to say the rest again didn't survive. Nothing for frozen again. :...(

Had my first cycle done in Jan 2012, BFN and nothing for frozen.

Totally different feeling this time. It could be the amount of meds and hormone jabs I had. Very tired, back ached badly, very bloated with occasional cramps and slight mood swing. But this time, my boobs are not sore. Hmm...

My blood work is next week, I hope it will work this time. I don't think I will take on another challenge so soon again. My body needs a break. It is quite a tiring process both mentally and physically.

Best of luck ladies!

- mintybaby

Mintybaby

But I'm experiencing very bad cramps and weird blood discharge. Anyone know if it is normal to experience this after IVF? It is worse than my normal menstrual cramps :(
Hi oink,

I didn't get bad bad cramps then but I sure get more discharge and at times, they come in lumps. Sometimes I look at it and wonder if my little embryos are there :..( My doc didn't say much when I told him that. But he commented that it is expected for heavy flow. Maybe you want to check with your doctor?

Oink

Hi Mintybaby

My pain was so bad that I had to call my gynae & she just asked me to take ponstan. And if I cannot take the cramps, to go A&E. Just want to flow to quickly come & go, so that I can go back to my normal life. This period is really zapping all my energy.

I also didn't manage to freeze any embryos and my embryo is only 3-cell and 5-cell. Is it v bad? Hmm, mayb I'm not suitable for IVF.

Anyway, All the best to you! I pray that u will be able get pregnant this round!

mymiracle

Hi Oink,

Do you have any Frozen left? If so, they will ask you to rest 2 mth and go for the frozen.

As for me, i didnt wait long as read that Frozen chances are always lower so i rested 2 mth as informed by KK and i immediately went back for the Frozen transfer. Good luck to you.

the cramps is normal.. i was actually late for 1 weeks + with (+) and my Beta was only 57 (as told by doctor it's low but still consider Preggo) need to re-check again, after 2 days, my 2nd beta went down and doctor confirmed that i am not.. So it would be false positive for me.. really sad...

does your AF comes on time? or also late?

Now i am seeing TMC and was given 1 mth herb already + hubb too.

AF is supposed to due today... *Cross finger* but i dont have hope as i tested it "AGAIN" (-) :(

Last edited:

mymiracle

Hi all,

I am on my second fresh cycle (ICIS) this year, started March. Today is my day 10 of ET.

For this cycle, my dosage of meds were increased tremendously and with new meds/jabs. Managed to retrieve more eggs as compared to my first round. So i had high hopes but on day 3, put two 6 & 7 cell embryos in my uterus (while i had perfect beautiful two 8 cell embryos for my first cycle) and sad to say the rest again didn't survive. Nothing for frozen again. :...(

Had my first cycle done in Jan 2012, BFN and nothing for frozen.

Totally different feeling this time. It could be the amount of meds and hormone jabs I had. Very tired, back ached badly, very bloated with occasional cramps and slight mood swing. But this time, my boobs are not sore. Hmm...

My blood work is next week, I hope it will work this time. I don't think I will take on another challenge so soon again. My body needs a break. It is quite a tiring process both mentally and physically.

Best of luck ladies!

- mintybaby
Hi Mintybaby, May I ask which hospital/ doctor u went? I am looking either KK again or GH.. U mean for 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] FRESH IVF they increase the meds/ Jab for everyone or just you?

My last retrieve was 10 eggs, only 6 managed to Blast. (1[SUP]st[/SUP] IVF with both 4 cells, and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Frozen with 6&8 cells, but also fail). Ya, my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] round, my boobs are sored too, kind of like it hahaha…

I wish u best of luck too and babydustssssss to all of u……

Oink

Hi Oink,

Do you have any Frozen left? If so, they will ask you to rest 2 month and go for the frozen.

As for me, i didnt wait long as read that Frozen chances are always lower so i rested 2 month as informed by KK and i immediately went back for the Frozen transfer. Good luck to you.

the cramps is normal.. i was actually late for 1 weeks + with (+) and my Beta was only 57 (as told by doctor it's low but still consider Preggo) need to re-check again, after 2 days, my 2nd beta went down and doctor confirmed that i am not.. So it would be false positive for me.. really sad...

does your AF comes on time? or also late?

Now i am seeing Thomson Medical Center and was given 1 month herb already + hubb too.

AF is supposed to due today... *Cross finger* but i dont have hope as i tested it "AGAIN" (-) :(
Nope, I didn't get to freeze any. By 2nd day, I only have 2 survived eggs which they quickly asked me to transfer in. Now waiting for doc appt to see what's next. But thinking of taking a break... the cramps really make me sick and uncomfortable. Quite unbearable until I dunno if I can take another round of this :(

My AF usually comes on time but now I'm apprehensive that it will hurt each time it comes. I have cysts problems too despite after surgery... super sianz...

Jia you! Relax and share with us the good news! All the best! :)

Mintybaby

Hi Mintybaby

My pain was so bad that I had to call my gynae & she just asked me to take ponstan. And if I cannot take the cramps, to go A&E. Just want to flow to quickly come & go, so that I can go back to my normal life. This period is really zapping all my energy.

I also didn't manage to freeze any embryos and my embryo is only 3-cell and 5-cell. Is it v bad? Hmm, mayb I'm not suitable for IVF.

Anyway, All the best to you! I pray that u will be able get pregnant this round!
Thanks oink! My hubby and I dare not place high hope this time. We are disappointed that after all the medication and such, we managed to retrieve more eggs but none of them survived except for the two in my little oven now.

My doc kept telling me not to worry as even the not so perfect looking embryo will still have the chance of survival.

Each cycle will be different. So if you get 3 and 5 cells that time, doesn't
mean you are not suitable for IVF. Is that your first cycle? Going for it again?

My blood test is tomorrow. I am feeling cramps on/off. Still having that tingling feeling near the womb - somehow like pap smear scrapping feeling. Back aches a little. But overall not so bloated. My menses expected tomorrow too. Not sure if the buns are baking inside me or is it the menses. Sigh!

Mintybaby

- mintybaby
Hi Mintybaby, May I ask which hospital/ doctor u went? I am looking either KK again or GH.. U mean for 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] FRESH IVF they increase the meds/ Jab for everyone or just you?

My last retrieve was 10 eggs, only 6 managed to Blast. (1[SUP]st[/SUP] IVF with both 4 cells, and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Frozen with 6&8 cells, but also fail). Ya, my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] round, my boobs are sored too, kind of like it hahaha…

I wish u best of luck too and babydustssssss to all of u……
Thank you mymiracle!

My hospital is at Gleneagles. I'm not sure if they increase the dosage for everyone, suppose it depends on your doctor and if you are agreeable to it.

Have you decided on going for 2nd IVF?

mymiracle

Mintybaby, yes i will but perharp not now. I consider with Chinese Herb for a few month, if touchwood still no news, i am prepared myself for 2nd fresh IVF in sometime aug onward...

i dont wana waste time, so while waiting and preparing mayb i can go for some accupunture as suggested by some ladies that it is good.

I also pretty scare of the result for 2nd IVF, but just hope "Miracle".... we really hope to have a baby, this is increase me n my hubb love definately.. a new members to home, mean a lot more love to share with each other.

Nowadays, we are so boring, routine keep the same, reach home watch tv times up, sleep... kind of bored... :(

Hope god bless us with a Miracle, please. *Crossfinger*

Oink

Thanks oink! My hubby and I dare not place high hope this time. We are disappointed that after all the medication and such, we managed to retrieve more eggs but none of them survived except for the two in my little oven now.

My doc kept telling me not to worry as even the not so perfect looking embryo will still have the chance of survival.

Each cycle will be different. So if you get 3 and 5 cells that time, doesn't
mean you are not suitable for IVF. Is that your first cycle? Going for it again?

My blood test is tomorrow. I am feeling cramps on/off. Still having that tingling feeling near the womb - somehow like pap smear scrapping feeling. Back aches a little. But overall not so bloated. My menses expected tomorrow too. Not sure if the buns are baking inside me or is it the menses. Sigh!
Yep, this is my 1st IVF cycle but not sure if I have the strength to go through all these again. Bcos of the over-stimulation and flushing out of blood, I've been really weak. Went back to work for 1 day then on MC for 2 days (fever!). My body feels weak from all the pain and flushing out. Up to now, I'm still bleeding... Really tired of all these weird feeling.

I was thinking of going for TCM to bring my health back to normal first. Any good TCM to recommend?

How was your blood test results?

mymiracle

Hi Oink,

So u are preggo now?

after the day3 transfer, i was given 10days rest at home.. during this 10 days, i really lie low... just toilet break and v little walking.. most of the time i rest on bed, watch movie and surf net... but still dun get it..

when i went back to test my beta, i was told im on 57.. (Average is 100+) but i can still "consider" preggo.. so after 3 days retake the test, was beta drop to (cant rem, dont wan to rem too, LOL) so im not preggo at the end... I wonder is this conside miscarriage or fake positive?

my frozen IVF, was told immediately that my beta result is negative... dun even have chance to be hapi :(

i was recomm by a fren's fren.. at yu gua Jln Masjin. this is my 2nd mth with them...

this few day is my OVL, been following instruction and did 2 acupuncture already. i really cross finger!!!!

Oink

Nope didn't get pregnant as I started spotting on the day before blood test. I was asked to go in early for blood test & not pregnant. After that, my nightmare started with painful menses followed by 10 days of fever with hospitalisation. Quite an awful experience for me so not sure if I am prepared to ever go through this again :(

But am thinking of going for TCM to "tiao" body.

mymiracle

your AF came on the day of blood test!! for mine, i was late for almost 1+week with faint positive test somemore.. i was actually have some hope.. but.......... :(

My AF came normal without pain just that 1st few day alot...

agree, i read alot of internet saying we should tiao our body.. intend for acupucture? heard is good but how good not sure.. will tell u soon :p

Oink

Hmm, have not thot abt acupuncture. Will see TCM first & see what they advise. Let me know if it works for u :) All the best!

kelin

dear all...for those who are trying for TCM...if u had a heaty body....try not to take too much of the herbs they gave u.....i went to 1 for a few months and drink the medicine for few months too..then i got too heaty and i grow "snake" some kind of skin infection...on my face! I was devasted.....then went western doc who said this is due to body too heaty.....it took very long to heal...and i was very sad cos i got to go work with a mask..and it looks hideous......and after it healed....it leaves scars....lucky mine was abit scars only cos I din dare to scratch it...So those who are going for TCM...better check with the doc 1st whether ur body is suitable or not...

mymiracle

Hi kelin,

im afraid of heaty too. So everytime i drink it i can feel my tooth alittle aching i will stop for 1 or 2 days... You are right normally i will tell the doc my body cant take too heaty so she 'll adjust alittle for me..

today is on OVL day, i had been drinking double heaty herbs last 3 days, and hubby was given 12pills 3x a days for 4days too.. we just follow as really hope that this month can have some good new..

good luck ladies!