*anyone is looking for/started a new job while in pregnant in the early stage?

crescent

Hi MTBs,

i'm ard 3mth preggy and is currently looking for a new job as just got retrenched...

i wana ask, when u apply or go for interview, do u have tell the new company that u r preggy?

if not, after u get the job, when do u tell them?

TIA!

crescent

it's so bias lor!!!

anyway i have just checked wif MOM regarding tis... they say unless they ask then have to tell them honestly... if not it's up to me whether i wana tell them anot...

but i still dunno leh...haiz... stress lor...

tell scare later they dun wana hire bcos of tis... tell after 1 mth when accepted then later the terminate.... but they have to pay for 1 mth notice based on MOM...

shiyi

i think unless u find a pt job..if not employers wun hire fulltime/contract staff ba...
haiz i also..work 2mths on new job den realise preggy..boss then ask me to leave..
have been jobless since last june.. so sad couldn enjoy maternity leave and have to leave all the burden to hubby

i think unless you find a pt job..if not employers wun hire fulltime/contract staff ...
sigh i also..work 2mths on new job then realise preggy..boss then ask me to leave..
have been jobless since last june.. so sad couldn enjoy maternity leave and have to leave all the burden to hubby

Even during probation, if the company ask you to leave. They would still have to pay for your 4 months maternity pay!!

If they don't want to pay can go to mom to sue them..

jean1986

just to share, i was also looking for a full time job when i know i'm just 1 mth pregnant. i went for interview and got the job. as i dont want to hide from them, i told them i'm pregnant before signing the letter of appointment. (thru a job agency, then job agency tell me the company wont bias as it is one of the government linked company). RUBBISH!
immediately after informing them, they offered me a temp 6 months contract job with 1/2 the pay as compared to the previous offer of a permanent position.

jean1986

no company will even be willing to pay for 1mth of maternity leave if they dont need to . i have seen many cases where after maternity leave, the staff is asked to leave.

kinberuri

i am a mth plus pregnant when my company already told me to go when they found out. Giving a stupid reason like the company is having financial issue. ^&*(
been looking for a job after that but failed and best thing is i am now almost due and still jobless. Using up my savings.... *dried!

actually it may not because company dun wan to pay maternity leave.. is the effort of look for new staff n train her...imagine if they wan to hire a staff to replace a head count, after get the new head count in, spend effort train her but after she slowly pick up then she need to go for maternity leave and they have to look for new staff to re-train again for the 3 month maternity leave... i dun think got hiring manager wan to do that lo... especially in sg the maternity leave are 4 months...so long...

i'm not agree to those company policy of not hiring pregnancy women but i think it is quite 'ren2 zhi2 chang2 qing2'.

but those retrench pregnant women or ask them to leave when they know them pregnant is definitely a shitty n lousy company..

Oppsgal

At least they tell face to face to terminate the pregnant staff, could be worst. Might find something to "chase off" the pregnant staff by asking the staff to travel from one end of Singapore to another end of Singapore to work if company got lots of branches. Or can ask the staff to carry heavy things... or can find other things like scold until the staff cannot take it so leave by own self.

berry3

actually just found out that i'm pregnant when i was serving my 1 month notice T.T (soon to end next week)

was in government sector previously..

i applied for new jobs a week ago, but i don't keep my hope too high and not really looking forward for it....
probably it's the same problem as everyone is facing, most company are still too biased against pregnant women.

but i believe they have their very reason too. they don't want us to come , go for maternity leave, and quit the job after we got the baby... it's a bit unfair to the company as well

unless we could ensure that we will come back to the company after we deliver....

for me, as i don't want to return to work after the baby appear, i would just apply for those 3-6 month part time job.. at least i still get some money.... n no commitment n responsibility too.... if anything happen, i will just leave the part time job coz it's just a temporary thing and my baby is more important...

jia you too all!!!
:Dancing_wub:

berry3

i am a month plus pregnant when my company already told me to go when they found out. Giving a stupid reason like the company is having financial issue. ^&*(
been looking for a job after that but failed and best thing is i am now almost due and still jobless. Using up my savings.... *dried!

actually i'm quite confused here as i thought maternity leave is paid by government ??? as in, the company can get govt to reimburse the leave?
so they will just need to pay for the new temporary worker?
that's actually happened in my previous previous workplace... few years back... not sure about it now....

jas2909

4mths of ML 1st 2mths payable by company.. next 2mths company pay 1st and claim from government after that..

if only 2mths in pte sectors.. the 2mths is payable by company.. government pay ZERO..

jean1986

most companies wouldnt want to hire because they would need to train you. then when u get hold of all the stuff, you got to go for maternity leave. and then get some temp girl to work . yes it's true companies are bias. but if i own the company, i also find it a hassle to hire preggers and then get a temp to take over .
just my 2cents. (i myself cant find a job till now, anyway also delivering in a mth's time.)