Anyone knows where to get organic Raspberry Leaf Tea?

babybull

Thanks Ladies.
So Babybull, its save for International Airmail? i was thinking of using DHL too.
I just realised they are selling 2 types, Traditional Medicinals, Organic Raspberry Leaf & Alvita Teas, Red Raspberry Leaf Tea Bags. Which type do you gals buy??
It depends on how fast you need the stuff - DHL of course will deliver in about 5 working days, whereas so far my experience with their USD $4 international shipping takes around 2 weeks. Can be 3 weeks though during their peak holidays periods. So given that you can't exceed 1.8kG and USD $80 for the international airmail, if your stuff weighs between 2-3.6kg it makes more sense to split your order in 2 and choose the international airmail - total shipping would only be USD$8...

As for the tea, I've been buying the Alvita teas... you get more per box, and the taste is not bad.

ACtually there are two schools of thought regarding when to begin taking raspberry leaf teas. One is that it helps tone the uterus but doesn't cause contractions, so it is safe to begin taking right from the first trimester. The other is that since raspberry leaf tea can bring on labour, so it is only safe to begin taking from 34 weeks onwards, as it takes time to build up in your body.

I'm living in Europe right now and trust me, the midwives here are BIG believers of herbal teas so it is recommended that you take it early. At the hospitals, they provide you with a flask of fenugreek tea after birth to encourage milk production, and raspberry is recommended during pregnancy. The pharmacies even sell all sorts of herbal teas for newborns and babies which I've never come across in Singapore. Which also explains why the packaging on the Medela milk bottles says something about it being suitable for breastmilk or tea... Something that perplexed me no end with my first kid =P

Alisa

It depends on how fast you need the stuff - DHL of course will deliver in about 5 working days, whereas so far my experience with their USD $4 international shipping takes around 2 weeks. Can be 3 weeks though during their peak holidays periods. So given that you can't exceed 1.8kG and USD $80 for the international airmail, if your stuff weighs between 2-3.6kg it makes more sense to split your order in 2 and choose the international airmail - total shipping would only be USD$8...

As for the tea, I've been buying the Alvita teas... you get more per box, and the taste is not bad.

Actually there are two schools of thought regarding when to begin taking raspberry leaf teas. One is that it helps tone the uterus but doesn't cause contractions, so it is safe to begin taking right from the first trimester. The other is that since raspberry leaf tea can bring on labour, so it is only safe to begin taking from 34 weeks onwards, as it takes time to build up in your body.

I'm living in Europe right now and trust me, the midwives here are BIG believers of herbal teas so it is recommended that you take it early. At the hospitals, they provide you with a flask of fenugreek tea after birth to encourage milk production, and raspberry is recommended during pregnancy. The pharmacies even sell all sorts of herbal teas for newborns and babies which I've never come across in Singapore. Which also explains why the packaging on the Medela milk bottles says something about it being suitable for breastmilk or tea... Something that perplexed me no end with my first kid =P
thanks, looking at the price, i will choose Alvita too. So when do you start to take the tea? its quite contridicting like some say it can be taken throughout the whole pregnancy and some only recommend to take after 32 weeks. im current at my 30 week but as im having low placenta, think i will take in week 32 onwards ...

Alisa

I think it's recommended to take raspberry leaf from 36 weeks onwards. You don't want it to stimulate your body into contractions too soon!

I took the tablets for my first pregnancy and it did bring about very strong contractions when I was in labour!! Got my baby out easily in about 5 pushes.

This is the brand I used: Raspberry Leaf - Products - Herbs of Gold

If anyone is interested I can get it from the shops and post it to you.
wow! only 5 push and the baby is out! thats very fast!!!

babybull

thanks, looking at the price, i will choose Alvita too. So when do you start to take the tea? its quite contridicting like some say it can be taken throughout the whole pregnancy and some only recommend to take after 32 weeks. im current at my 30 week but as im having low placenta, think i will take in week 32 onwards ...
I started early on in second trimester, cos it's supposed to help with morning sickness as well, and my damned morning sickness didn't go away until 22 weeks. =) Just a cup a day though, nothing major.

Alisa

I started early on in second trimester, cos it's supposed to help with morning sickness as well, and my damned morning sickness didn't go away until 22 weeks. =) Just a cup a day though, nothing major.
ic... maybe i will try as just 1 cup a day after i received mine. Just place the order. hee...

sannu123

Hi friends...According to me it is very useful information......Thanks for the advise. I managed to buy the Raspberry Leaf tea at an organic shop in Tanglin Mall............
Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:.

mymiracle

i am not preggo yet, planning for another round of IVF with FET... can i start it now?
i know Harbourft there's 1 organic shop will drop by if is ok to drink at this planning stage. please advise. thank U

juleswong

Hi,

Anyone knows where I can get Raspberry Leaf Tea? I understand that it is a traditional drink that is good for all stages of pregnancy as it alleviates the nausea and strengthens the uterus.

Thanks,
LuthAdel
you can get from iherb.com, and upon check-out, use this coupon to get $5.00 off! AJU311
i bought 4 boxes of
Alvita Teas, Red Raspberry Leaf Tea Bags, Caffeine Free, 1.9 oz (54 g) 24 Tea Bags (ALV-00505)

I find it easier than going shop hunting! currently week 31+~

julia12

I bought the tea at a phamacy at holland v mrt station.
Bought the pill form in uk and i have 1 unopened bottle, 400mg, 100 pills, selling for $20. Pm me if interested