Anyone read story or chat with ur baby?

xiaodaisy

personally .. i nvr did that but my 2nd boy was too excited and he started to sing and talk to baby since he know i'm pregnant =)

ard 24-28wks , babies can actually hear the sounds fm outside environment so maybe can start fm den =)

but guess baby will really respond , everytime my 2nd boy talk to her , she will be happily kicking away inside my tummy if she's awake LOL !

ast0212

I never really talked to my first baby. With my second I'm a bit busy with a toddler but I'm pretty sure baby can hear me all the time talking and reading to the toddler.

I think you can start any time you feel comfortable :001_302:

Sweetoothz

i guess im one of the shy one.. hehehe..

still feel very paisey to talk to my bb. hahhaa. but i do say it in my heart tho. do u think bb can still know? hehehe

cel.lea

ha, this matter. i don't talk to my bb too. didnt do tai jiao for all 3 kids. but i talk a lot, chatting with colls, hubby. i think my bb probably learn a lot during my pregnancy. do what u r comfy with & stay happy, bb tend to be a happier baby when u r during pregnancy. i remembered flaring up all the time with my hubby during 2nd preggy, my 2nd boy is not a good temper boy. 3rd one i try to curb my temper, he's a happy baby. he's sociable & friendly & laugh all the time. childcare teachers, strangers who try to talk to him, he smile & laughed! everyone adore him. i told my hubby he's the cause of ethan's temper.

carolinaw

When he is moving in my belly i talk to him, then when I play the music, he keeps quiet. What a cute boy! More often my hubby like talking with him and sometimes it seems he can understand his daddy and have a move to response him. That's my happy time during pregnancy.

Dilys

Can i check how you start & when you start?
Hi

I start reading & chatting with my baby since 1st day of pregnancy. It sound silly !! Hubby & I believe in early bonding..It helps alots in the 2nd trimester when you start feeling your baby's movement. Baby reacts to you faster & easier for you to count his/her movement. Baby's movement will be more...

Last edited:

miracle25

initially I also feel paiseh and weird to talk to my baby.. but I still hope I can do some tai jiao so I started to say good night and good morning to him everyday... later on around 20 weeks later, I'll add more like telling him that we're going for shower , going to his grandparents' house , etc.. I won't read to him cos firstly, I myself dont like to read, 2nd, I dont know what type of story to read to him...

as the baby is moving more inside me, I can feel that he is responding to wats going on outside.. like yesterday, I was watching a lion/ dragon dance in a shopping mall, he is moving inside me, probably he think it's too noisy.. haha...

few days ago, I was browsing thru youtube and I found some pregnancy music.. I then put my iphone on my tummy, playing the music and I can feel the baby's moving.. I think I'll start letting my baby listen to the music every night before I go to bed.. :)

feathers

I talk to my tummy once a while, when there is nobody around to stare at my silly habit. Haha!! I just started going to library to borrow children book to read to her, I'll read and describe the pictures in the book. People keep telling me it works so might as well. Sometimes I lazy, I just read aloud whatever book I'm reading for myself. Breast feeding or other pregnancy books I'll also read aloud, tell her to latch well next time. Hee!! =X

felicity

last week i read from motherhood mag that bb can recognize parents' voice from the end of the first trimester, so i started saying good night and good morning to my bb, and make my hubby do it too :p i'm 9+ weeks now... i guess when i'm in second trimester i may start reading books! :D

Dilys

last week i read from motherhood mag that bb can recognize parents' voice from the end of the first trimester, so i started saying good night and good morning to my bb, and make my hubby do it too :p i'm 9+ weeks now... i guess when i'm in second trimester i may start reading books! :D
Hi

Start as early as possible! Baby will react to u very fast in 2nd trimester if u start very early.:)

felicity

Hi

Start as early as possible! Baby will react to u very fast in 2nd trimester if u start very early.:)
ok! i hv '7 habits of highly effective teens' on hand currently... maybe i shall read that to bb first... hope it's not too early... i think i sound like a very kiasu mother! kekeke...

Dilys

ok! i hv '7 habits of highly effective teens' on hand currently... maybe i shall read that to bb first... hope it's not too early... i think i sound like a very kiasu mother! kekeke...
Haha.. Ur baby might not understand.. A child mature too fast also not good... :) try to go slowly as the traditional twinkle twinkle little star song.. Use baby language.. Simple words ..

felicity

Haha.. Ur baby might not understand.. A child mature too fast also not good... :) try to go slowly as the traditional twinkle twinkle little star song.. Use baby language.. Simple words ..
heehee.. yea i realized cannot go too fast =P

any good music pieces to play to bb too?

Dilys

heehee.. yea i realized cannot go too fast =P

any good music pieces to play to bb too?
Classical music, jazz. Watching dancing video .. Salsa..etc. I ve been introducing all these to my baby since day 1 when I know I m preggie. It's best to introduce what u & ur hubby like. Cos ur baby will most likely to have either talent of mum or dad.

Introducing things earlier to baby helps during the later trimester when baby start moving ..he can understand & react to u faster.

felicity

Thanks dear for sharing :) I just let my baby listen to it.. Oh no.. It doesn't calm him instead... He is kicking away.. :)
hee i read from the comments in the youtube page that babies inside mummies will kick away happily, while bigger babies throwing tantrums around bedtime will calm down and sleep... i wonder how effective it will be for us!