Anyone still take coffee?

tinklish

i gave up my daily dose of coffee when i knew i was pregnant. Now, i take milo every morning. It kinda help abit on my nauseousness.

Anyway, when i asked the gynae whether its ok to take coffee.. He said "try not to la"...haha..so i guess, its a big no no.. ;)

izanyzam

Yup my gynae too said try to avoid coffee..So i totally stop my coffee consumption once i found out i was pregnant..Its a liitle hard at first especially wen everyone else was enjoying their cup of coffee in the mornings at work..!! I could only take in the smell...!!

Im drinking Horlicks nowadays but i noticed that it make the sour taste at the back of my tongue even more worse...:1err::1err:

hueychye79

Yup my gynae too said try to avoid coffee..So i totally stop my coffee consumption once i found out i was pregnant..Its a liitle hard at first especially wen everyone else was enjoying their cup of coffee in the mornings at work..!! I could only take in the smell...!!

Im drinking Horlicks nowadays but i noticed that it make the sour taste at the back of my tongue even more worse...:1err::1err:
Horlick got sour taste meh?

Errrnnnn...

Looks like the pregnancy also will change our taste buds.. :err:

Last edited:

november

i miss my daily coffee too. But i'm always taking cold drinks...ever since pregnant, i like cold cold drinks and ice-cream. Always drink ice-blended bubble tea and take ice-cream like once a week. I've been like that since i know i'm preggy (week 6) is my baby gonna be ok?

joeichen

i miss my daily coffee too. But i'm always taking cold drinks...ever since pregnant, i like cold cold drinks and ice-cream. Always drink ice-blended bubble tea and take ice-cream like once a week. I've been like that since i know i'm preggy (week 6) is my baby gonna be ok?

I suggest u try 2 cut down coz too much cold drink will affect bb.

snowbear

Hi all mummies & moms to be, did you still take coffee (Nescafe/3 in 1)?

Actually heard it is ok to take the instant coffer but no brew coffee...

I still take once in a while.. :err:

Hope no harm for my baby...
3-in-1s are ok. Continued to take coffee after first trimester (coz i was retching too much to think about coffee in the first trimester). I even tried the Boncafe Decaf coffee but it just didn't taste as nice as caffeinated coffee so in the end i went back to caffeinated ones. Try not to drink coffee from coffee joints like Coffee Bean or Starbucks coz those are very strong. Even if drinking from kopitiam, just drink half cup should be fine.

izanyzam

Horlick got sour taste meh?

Errrnnnn...

Looks like the pregnancy also will change our taste buds.. :err:
dats the funny thing about it...Horlicks dont taste sour but after i finish drinking it..I will get that sour aftertaste...Weird laa...!!!

Loadstosell

After going through four pregnancies, I suggest you stay off coffee as much as you can. I am also a coffee addict. Same goes to the cold drinks to.

Last edited:

tinklish

any idea what's the effect of taking cold drinks? I am very used to taking cold plain water as my main intake of fluid. But my friends told me not to.

apollo

any idea what's the effect of taking cold drinks? I am very used to taking cold plain water as my main intake of fluid. But my friends told me not to.
some ppl say if take too much cold drinks baby will have asthma?? but i still take (esp ice water) cos the weather is too hot!!! hehe :tlaugh:

pmiumiu

i think moderate drinking of coffee (or other caffine drinks) shld be ok. read from a book that we shld not exceed 200mg of caffine. that is approx 2 cups of instant coffee / 1 cup of brewed coffee.

im guilty of drinking cold drinks too. and was craving for ice kachang at some point =p

tinklish

some ppl say if take too much cold drinks baby will have asthma?? but i still take (esp ice water) cos the weather is too hot!!! hehe :tlaugh:
asthma! oh no..my husband got asthma n if i continue drinkin cold water, baby sure have..... guess gotta reduce my intake!

D

Dream*Mum

one man meat is another man posion don't care what people say don't drink coffee, tea and green tea la. I still drink tea every now and then

what ur baby came out with yellow skin la

sincerely say every asian women give birth children is always get yellow colour de....

i ignore alot of things i know that i believe and don't believe base on those mummys who is not the first time told me alot matter, but still i some avoid some need not really care

cos i'm a bad mum hee hee :tlaugh:

izanyzam

ouhhh..Nowadays im starting to have cravings for bubble tea..And i have to have cold plain water coz since young,i couldnt even swallow warm plain water..!!

But i guess these 2 are better than coffee right..??!!

D

Dream*Mum

ouhhh..Nowadays im starting to have cravings for bubble tea..And i have to have cold plain water coz since young,i couldnt even swallow warm plain water..!!

But i guess these 2 are better than coffee right..??!!
hmm is ok la i still drink alot of it but it will have alot of white discharge for ur information.

apollo

asthma! oh no..my husband got asthma n if i continue drinkin cold water, baby sure have..... guess gotta reduce my intake!
actually it all depends de lo.. i also hav asthma but i still drink.. i dun think if 1 of u hav asthma and u drink cold drink den baby SURE hav asthma.. lol.. just dun take too much fizzy drinks.. =)

welsie

My doc advise not to drink till baby is stable. After tgat i have been drinking coffee,tea, coke....etc Just remember to moderate.

tinklish

actually it all depends de lo.. i also hav asthma but i still drink.. i dun think if 1 of u hav asthma and u drink cold drink den baby SURE hav asthma.. lol.. just dun take too much fizzy drinks.. =)
Kinda true.. well, i dun really quite like fizzy drinks.. so, for that not a problem.. but cold plain water, i think its a must for me ... haha.. been drinkin since young, from morning til night! haha