Anyone tried on-line tutor?

jolly

Hi, I am looking for a tutor for my P1 son on eng & maths. Had anyone tried engage a tutor from any of the online tuition agency? Or any recommendation of tutor? Thanks in advance

Queenbabe

Hi , i tried online tuition agency and look for tutor for my daughter . I do have some previous bad experience for this but for the current tutor now so far so good , do u have any budget ?

jolly

Hi,
What bad experienced had you faced previously?
Currently, my son had a tutor (she is staying next blk and he goes to her place once a week). Intend to get a tutor whereby she kw hw to teach phonics too. My son is weak in this, alot of words he don't kw hw to pronounce.

I prefer full time tutor with full commitment. Budget $15~$18/hr. M staying ard Bouna Vista.

Queenbabe

Ic , did u try searching online for tutor ? Bad experience is some tutor is totally damn irresponsible haiz .. nowadays hard to find tutor wif full commitment but mayb like u say fulltime tutor , most of them charge slightly high but really good .

jolly

i guess tat all parent worry unless is smone recommend. Anyway, thks for ur advise. Willl try luck lol.

Queenbabe

Hope u can get some1 good , i dun wan to recommend coz i scare later the tutor turn out bad then i will be very paiseh :) .. gd luck ..

jessielu

For Phonics, you can enrol him for those phonic class which is quite good since yr current tutor is not bad, it's just that she dun teach phonics:tlaugh:

kiddomummy

For phonics, You can start at any centres under blk thats offer it, Its actually really good i would say....( of coz do some research will b good...)

My boy has been attending one in the community centre under the blk kind for the past yr, and he started advance phonics with another centre ( also under the blk kind of centre ) with an australian teacher... paid only $8/lesson and another $8 for his MATH lessons... he is doing 2 phonics lesson every week.... mon nite and sat morning

Initially, i was hesitating coz i tot so cheap and "or-biang" location, dunno good or not, but it turns out really good for both of his phonics lessons....

Compared with a private centre i send him ( paid $20/90min lesson ), the cheaper lessons seem so much more pro-active in their lessons lo....
Expensive doesnt mean good....:eek:

He's only 4yrs+(K1), but he speaks accurate english, uses big words like: instructions,fustrating,impossible......and he speaks fluently....

He attends his phonics in Yishun...there got many centres, I believe every estates has this kinda centres mostly....

If tutor good,shd keep, juz gotta add in additional phonics class lo.....

I was thinking, if online tutor really works?!?! Maybe i "Or-bit" lo, but i felt that if online tutoring works, those tuition centres will be in trouble lo....

Mmm....maybe i shd go look see look see......:001_302:

jolly

Hope u can get some1 good , i dun wan to recommend coz i scare later the tutor turn out bad then i will be very paiseh :) .. gd luck ..
Hi elaine82,
Is ok, dun paiseh. It all depend on individual to see hw sincere the tutor and will have to change tutor if she really cant...
Appreciate for your feedback...

Queenbabe

u r welcome jolly , mayb u can go to those centre that teach phonics like kiddomummy mention , u staying west area too .. jurong west or jurong east alot of these centre :)

PrisTeo

Hi Jolly,

For phonics, think it's better to register your child for group classes conducted by trained teachers. Personally at least I feel it's more effective for my children too.

As for english, it's really hard to teach language. Actually I bought many story books for my children and encourage them to start good reading habit.

For subjects like maths and science, I got a full-time tutor to teach them. But you must really be there to observe the tutor for a few lessons. Thankfully the female tutor I got was very patience with my children. They tend to be more hyperactive. Budget around $15/hr for lower primary.

Oh i found mine through online agencies too. if you need the details, pm me =)

annkarin72

For phonics, You can start at any centres under blk thats offer it, Its actually really good i would say....( of coz do some research will b good...)

My boy has been attending one in the community centre under the blk kind for the past yr, and he started advance phonics with another centre ( also under the blk kind of centre ) with an australian teacher... paid only $8/lesson and another $8 for his MATH lessons... he is doing 2 phonics lesson every week.... mon nite and sat morning

Initially, i was hesitating coz i tot so cheap and "or-biang" location, dunno good or not, but it turns out really good for both of his phonics lessons....

Compared with a private centre i send him ( paid $20/90min lesson ), the cheaper lessons seem so much more pro-active in their lessons lo....
Expensive doesnt mean good....:eek:

He's only 4yrs+(K1), but he speaks accurate english, uses big words like: instructions,fustrating,impossible......and he speaks fluently....

He attends his phonics in Yishun...there got many centres, I believe every estates has this kinda centres mostly....

If tutor good,shd keep, juz gotta add in additional phonics class lo.....

I was thinking, if online tutor really works?!?! Maybe i "Or-bit" lo, but i felt that if online tutoring works, those tuition centres will be in trouble lo....

Mmm....maybe i shd go look see look see......:001_302:

Hi May i know where you send your son for both phonics class? and the maths class too?

Thks

Cheers
Karin

iamjulie

I admit that some private tutors could be very irresponsible but one thing we couldn't deny is that, there are certainly good ones out there. I got my private tutor via an agency (so far so good) and I heard that if you're not satisfied, you could get a replacement immediately. For those who are interested about the agency, here are the contacts, 84520582/84520583.