Anyone tried raspberry leaf tea in the last month?

esta_837

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if any moms tried raspberry leaf tea in the last month from 34 weeks onwards? I read from babycentre.com that it is a uterine tonic and that it can help with contractions of the uterus during labour. It is said that drinking 1 cup of the tea a day from 34 weeks can possibly shorten labour as the uterus muscles work more efficiently. I'm now 34 weeks (edd 23rd Nov 2009) and have just started trying the tea. Wondering if any other moms have tried it before for their first child and did it help??? I suffer from anxiety and very scared of how bb's head is going to come out from such a small narrow "hole" down there..!:embarrassed:

iwan2noe

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if any moms tried raspberry leaf tea in the last month from 34 weeks onwards? I read from babycentre.com that it is a uterine tonic and that it can help with contractions of the uterus during labour. It is said that drinking 1 cup of the tea a day from 34 weeks can possibly shorten labour as the uterus muscles work more efficiently. I'm now 34 weeks (edd 23rd Nov 2009) and have just started trying the tea. Wondering if any other moms have tried it before for their first child and did it help??? I suffer from anxiety and very scared of how baby's head is going to come out from such a small narrow "hole" down there..!:embarrassed:
Hi esta_837,

I just attended my antenatal class today and my trainer has advised us against taking raspberry tea as she mentioned it will cause u to bleed non stop after u delivery..Pls refrain from taking it if u heed her advice..

sugarcookie

I took 1-2 cups of raspberry leaf tea everyday in my last trimester. However, I couldn't take the pain of labour and ended up opting for an epidural so I can't say if it really works.

I had no problems regarding bleeding after delivery though.

marlysha

I actually bought the raspberry tea leaf thought i will drink during my last trimester...my friend drank the tea and she had no problems of delivery...i think different mums may have problems during delivery and some may have easy delivery...

iwan2noe

I actually bought the raspberry tea leaf thought i will drink during my last trimester...my friend drank the tea and she had no problems of delivery...i think different mums may have problems during delivery and some may have easy delivery...
HI marlysha,

I agree. I was told abt this by the trainer when i went for my antenatal course. She quoted an eg. of one of her caucasian participants who kept drinking raspberry tea during her pregnancy and after delivery(coz she hear that it will aid delivery) she experienced haemorrage(excessive bleeding) so she warn us and advise us not to take too much or if possible don't take.

I will take the safest bet, Prevention is better than cure :)
i kiasu .. hehe:err:

esta_837

Wow..ok..thanks for the above replies. I will stick with 1 cup a day. My hope is to shorten the duration of the labour....coz this is my first..really scared of having a long, long labour. I'm not so worried about pain though. But reading about the haemorrage scares me even more! Now 36 weeks and waiting...

Will try to update after the birth if anyone is interested to know how I went with the tea...!:001_302:

ngcywc

Wow..ok..thanks for the above replies. I will stick with 1 cup a day. My hope is to shorten the duration of the labour....coz this is my first..really scared of having a long, long labour. I'm not so worried about pain though. But reading about the haemorrage scares me even more! Now 36 weeks and waiting...

Will try to update after the birth if anyone is interested to know how I went with the tea...!:001_302:
so how u went with the tea?:wink:

esta_837

hey there,
in the end i had emergency c-section because baby had passed meconium while still in the womb. I was having regular contractions, but doc also said i have a small pelvic bone structure so baby still won't be able to be delivered vaginally. So, that means I won't know if the tea worked for me.... :p

my contractions were regular and strong though, but i wasn't dilating fast, only 3cm after 4-5 hrs.. doc said don't wait any longer, so we agreed to c-section.

Sorry mummies, cant tell if the tea worked.

But my tummy did shrink back very fast after the birth.....

Zoey Kasey

hey there,
in the end i had emergency c-section because baby had passed meconium while still in the womb. I was having regular contractions, but doc also said i have a small pelvic bone structure so baby still won't be able to be delivered vaginally. So, that means I won't know if the tea worked for me.... :p

my contractions were regular and strong though, but i wasn't dilating fast, only 3cm after 4-5 hrs.. doc said don't wait any longer, so we agreed to c-section.

Sorry mummies, cant tell if the tea worked.

But my tummy did shrink back very fast after the birth.....

I drank 3-4 cups of red raspberry leaf tea a day during the 39-40 week because I really couldnt wait for the baby to be out. Im not sure whether it helped because, i was eventually induced and was in labour for about 24 hours before i was fully dilated. The actual pushing was very fast though, i think it was over in about 30 minutes. Did not bleed excessively after that either!

- Zoey Kasey
Get $10 off your first purchase at iherb.com . Use iherb discount code OFU937 at checkout!