Anyone TTC by IUI?

Oink

Hi, I'm new here. Was wondering if anyone has TTC by IUI before and can share her experience... Am thinking of it after trying for some years. Thanks!

marilynn

I'm gonna try my 1st IUI treatment this month.... I'm now under clomid and puregon jabs for 5 days..... My ultrasound will be on this friday.... is there anyone who can share with me their success attemps on IUI?

Kym_Heng

Alpha Male
I'm gonna try my 1st IUI treatment this month.... I'm now under clomid and puregon jabs for 5 days..... My ultrasound will be on this friday.... is there anyone who can share with me their success attemps on IUI?
My wife tried 5 or 6x... no results. Should be trying IVF soon

marilynn

Nowadays we can use medisave for IUI... I'm doing it in KKIVF centre. The cost is between 1.5 to 2k! No harm trying actually...All this depends on your luck... I've spoken to 1 couple whom i met in KK...Their 1st child who's 2 now was a 1st attempt success with IUI...Now they r TTC for the 2nd one. Their 1st attempt last month wasn't successful and they now they are on their 2nd cycle... Her dates are the same as mine...hopefully both of us success on our result that will be on the 29th this month.....Pls pray for our positive results!

marilynn

Anyone had success with IUI? I really need to know if there were coz if there isn't i dont want to waste my time doing it, i'd rather proceed with IVF!
I had my 1st attempt of IUI unsucessful thinking of going for a 2nd one....

Oink

I've also tried IUI once but unsuccessful. I've just gone through my 2nd attempt & will test if positive in 2 weeks time... so praying hard. : )
Am also thinking of the possibility of IVF but think it can be quite stressful.

veronica

May I know whats the difference between IUI and IVF? By reading all your posts, I presume IUI would be the 1st preference then IVF?

lawla12

i've been taking clomid for 3mths but not responding well. My mensus cycle did not improve at all. My cycle was 35days, 38days n 51days for the 3mths whr i took clomid.

My temperature oso does not fluatuate during my ovulation. Its very hard for me to judge when is my ovulation though i used ovulation kit too.

Doc recommended me wif injections (follitropin) since clomid does not work on me. Its super expensive!!!!!! she started wif 50ml daily. 1ml = $1, so 50ml is $50 per day !!!!!!!!!!

She oso propose SO-IUI. but my hubby feels it very extreme. He's not keen in it.

I was tinking, since i already paid so much for the injection (1.5k per mth), y dun juz try SO-IUI for the 1st time since it has a higher chance of getting pregnant. sighz, i know both of us r upset tat there's no result, but such ting, cant rush 1. But he juz cant understand. :20::20:

I need to gif my Doc an ans tis Fri. Tink i will try to speak to my hubby again.

Very "fan". Wanna haf baby, oso "fan". Got baby liao, more "fan":wong7:

marlysha

i was given 2mths for clomid...the gynae told me if i didnt conceive aft 2 mths then i should consider IUI or IVF....as advised by my friend and also due to financial me and husband decided to try IUI...

and today i gonna see my gynae to know more the details on the procedure abt IUI ....shall keep posted..

lawla12

I'm going for my IUI in Raffles tis mth (wish me luck arrr).

The gynae told me the success rate is 36%. Not sure if this is the general rate or the hospital success rate.

I'm taking the injections from day 2 of my mensus, 50ml daily. Did try clomid for 3mths, but my egg is not responding well to it. sighz.

Went back for scanning on day 6 of mensus, doc say my eggs size is not big euff. So injection dosage to 75ml.

Going back again tomolo to scan n then doc can advise me when's my ovulation/IUI date.

I was told tat i can claim medisave for IUI. But, there's a limit. We can only claim 3times, 1st time-capping of 6k, 2nd time-capping of 5k, 3rd time-capping of 4k.

If u submit the claim for IUI 1st time, then 2nd time, u wanna try IVF, its counted as the 2nd attempt. So need to tink carefully if u wish to claim IUI. The costs of IVF ranges from 6k-10k according to the Doc.

Procedure of IUI requires both hubby n urself blood test (to check if we've AIDS, HIV etc) b4 we can proceed wif IUI under MOH ruling. Have to clear MOH 1st. Oso have to submit ur marriage cert n sign a consent form.

I'm quite stress ar, try not to tink too much. I'm oso scare tat my 1st IUI attempt fail. Doc was telling me, if IUI for 3times (max), still not pregnant, then no point carrying on wif IUI. The next step is IVF liao.

found tis on kk's website

On the day of the insemination, the couple has to bring the husband's semen sample to the hospital. The semen is prepared and the motile fraction is then placed into the uterus using a fine catheter through the cervix.

Attachments

marlysha

just came back from seeing my gynae...

she gave me urine test to check my ovulation...once ovulation occured she ask me to inject with IM Pregnyl then after 2 days then my gynae will do the IUI. I asked whether need to check the size of my follicles ...she said not necessary..

aft IUI done she ask me to eat the Dydrogesterone then after 2 wks later i have to see her for blood test to check whether i m pregnant or not

i hope my 1st attempt of IUI will be succesful..

Btw, total i paid $407 excluding the lab service for the sperm wash..if i m not wrong for the sperm wash is $145....

marilynn

I did my IUI in KK... I don't have to pay a single cent coz it has been deducted through my medisave since day 1. Anyway the chances of IUI is only 12-15% 1st trial, 20% on the 2nd trial and it will only go up to 26%.
25% to 35% is IVF.
For IUI u can claim medisave up to 2k no govt subsidy.
For IVF theres govt subsidy...only 3k per trial and can deduct medisave for 1st trial 6k, 2nd 5. and 3rd 4k the balance u got to top up cash.
The Price for IVF is KK is 8k to 11k.

lawla12

just came back from seeing my gynae...

she gave me urine test to check my ovulation...once ovulation occured she ask me to inject with IM Pregnyl then after 2 days then my gynae will do the IUI. I asked whether need to check the size of my follicles ...she said not necessary..

aft IUI done she ask me to eat the Dydrogesterone then after 2 wks later i have to see her for blood test to check whether i m pregnant or not

i hope my 1st attempt of IUI will be succesful..

Btw, total i paid $407 excluding the lab service for the sperm wash..if i m not wrong for the sperm wash is $145....
can i check, did u take any injections prior to ur IUI ??? i've been taking injections (follitropin) DAILY (since day 2 of my mensus) until now. My dosage has increased from 50ml (day 2 to day 5), 75ml (day 6 to day 16) and 112.5ml (day 10 onwards). Yst was my day 10, went to see doc n she decide to increase the dosage to 112.5ml cos my eggs r not growing well. i've 6 eggs but only 1 is growing BUT, the size is too small. :wecry:

For tis injections (wif those scanning, consultation fees), i've spent 2k liao. HEART BLEEDING. :wong7: the injections costs $1 per ml, so 50ml = $50, n now, its costs me $112.50 daily.

Doc told me tat if my eggs r not growing well, i will haf to abandon tis cycle cos no point doing IUI if the eggs r of the wrong size. she told me tat she's still trying to catch the dosage for my case. she can increase to a high dosage, but end of the day, if all the 6 eggs grow, she will haf to abandon tis cycle cos the risk of multipe pregnancy is too high. tats y, she has to increase the dosage progressively to try out.

for the IUI, the nurse told me the procedure costs $500 (max) including the sperm wash. but it does not include the med which i need to take after the IUI.

I did my IUI in KK... I don't have to pay a single cent coz it has been deducted through my medisave since day 1. Anyway the chances of IUI is only 12-15% 1st trial, 20% on the 2nd trial and it will only go up to 26%.
25% to 35% is IVF.
For IUI u can claim medisave up to 2k no govt subsidy.
For IVF theres govt subsidy...only 3k per trial and can deduct medisave for 1st trial 6k, 2nd 5. and 3rd 4k the balance u got to top up cash.
The Price for IVF is KK is 8k to 11k.

i was told tat IUI success rate is 36% but i din ask if this is a "general" rate or raffles hospital success rate.

i was told tat for IUI or IVF, i can claim 3times in total.
1st time-capping of 6k,
2nd time-capping of 5k,
3rd time-capping of 4k.

If u'r doing IUI for the 1st time but fail. then 2nd time, u decide to do IVF instead, its considered as the 2nd time, so u can only claim 5k (capping). tats wad i was told.

y diff from urs de ar?? izzi cos private n public hosiptal has diff policy?

marlysha

can i check, did u take any injections prior to ur IUI ??? i've been taking injections (follitropin) DAILY (since day 2 of my mensus) until now. My dosage has increased from 50ml (day 2 to day 5), 75ml (day 6 to day 16) and 112.5ml (day 10 onwards). Yst was my day 10, went to see doc n she decide to increase the dosage to 112.5ml cos my eggs r not growing well. i've 6 eggs but only 1 is growing BUT, the size is too small. :wecry:

For tis injections (wif those scanning, consultation fees), i've spent 2k liao. HEART BLEEDING. :wong7: the injections costs $1 per ml, so 50ml = $50, n now, its costs me $112.50 daily.

Doc told me tat if my eggs r not growing well, i will haf to abandon tis cycle cos no point doing IUI if the eggs r of the wrong size. she told me tat she's still trying to catch the dosage for my case. she can increase to a high dosage, but end of the day, if all the 6 eggs grow, she will haf to abandon tis cycle cos the risk of multipe pregnancy is too high. tats y, she has to increase the dosage progressively to try out.

for the IUI, the nurse told me the procedure costs $500 (max) including the sperm wash. but it does not include the med which i need to take after the IUI.

Hi there,

i didnt took any injection at all.. from day 2 of menses i just ate the clomid given by my gynae...