Anyone TTC by IUI?

cheryl_ng

Hi Cheryl,

May I know who is your gynae? Can recommend to me?
I was thinking of doing HSG but heard it was very painful.
Worse still, I cant even do vaginal scan or pap smear, it was very painful to me.
Hi,
my gynae is Dr Fong Yang. his clinics r @ paragon(tel:63336636) & tiong bahru(tel:62767727).

Postgal

Hello all,
Happy New Year. This is my 1st post.

Going for my second attempt at IUI next week in Singapore. I am now living overseas...so you can imagine the cost for me:wong19:

First attempt did not even materialize due to low LH and I ovulated before doc even knows! I was on 75 Gonal-F for 14 days. Blood tests started D5. Strangely, doc only asked for Estrodiol and later for LH to be tested. No FSH. Can anyone shed some light on what normally gets included in blood tests?

My doc has a good rep (at least from success rate), but always seem super busy - fingers crossed this time.

lawla12

Hello all,
Happy New Year. This is my 1st post.

Going for my second attempt at IUI next week in Singapore. I am now living overseas...so you can imagine the cost for me:wong19:

First attempt did not even materialize due to low LH and I ovulated before doc even knows! I was on 75 Gonal-F for 14 days. Blood tests started D5. Strangely, doc only asked for Estrodiol and later for LH to be tested. No FSH. Can anyone shed some light on what normally gets included in blood tests?

My doc has a good rep (at least from success rate), but always seem super busy - fingers crossed this time.

can i ask which gynae u'r seeing????

i tot towards ur ovulation date, u need to visit the gynae daily liaooo???

for my case, i see her twice a week...but when my eggs grow bigger n bigger, i visit almost evyday...she will oso tell me tat i shd b ovulating within 3-4days.......then she will do blood test too (to see if i've slurge--how to u spell it arr).........

then the day b4 my IUI, she will inject tat ting (aiyaaa, suddenly 4got the name)...its to make ur forlicas release the eggs.........

Postgal

Thanks for the info. My doc practices in Gleneagles.

One question: in your blood test, do you remember what were included? FSH/ Estrodiol/ LH?
Mine had no FSH and LH was included at a fairly late stage.

missixty

Hi,
my gynae is Dr Fong Yang. his clinics are @ paragon(tel:63336636) & tiong bahru(tel:62767727).

hey cheryl,
my gynae is also Dr Fong leh!! I frequent his clinic at paragon...

been trying to conceive for 6 mths but still no news... currently on 2nd course of clomid, already increased dosage..
can check with u, did u had any ovulation jabs from Dr Fong before? cause he suggested that i can consider the jabs if clomid doesn't work... please advise..

lawla12

Thanks for the info. My doc practices in Gleneagles.

One question: in your blood test, do you remember what were included? FSH/ Estrodiol/ LH?
Mine had no FSH and LH was included at a fairly late stage.

i cant rem got FSH or not.....but i rem got LH lehhh.....she show me the graph...got high n low n i rem she point point at the graph, saying i'm going to ovulate soon.....

HI All

I am doing IUI this cycle in January.

Lawla, the injection you've gotten to release the egg is call HCG. :)

Yes, this will be my first IUI cycle, been on Clomid since day 2 to help super-ovulate and will go in for HCG injection on day 11 then IUI on day 13.

HSG ... good to get that done! I did mine with a male lab asst, 1 female nurse + my male gynae. I prefer male gynae, women always think its not painful, males are more gentle.. :p

baby dust to everyone!!!

Read our TTC journey here
http://von-ourwedding.blogspot.com

Postgal

HI All

I am doing IUI this cycle in January.

Lawla, the injection you've gotten to release the egg is call HCG. :)

Yes, this will be my first IUI cycle, been on Clomid since day 2 to help super-ovulate and will go in for HCG injection on day 11 then IUI on day 13.

HSG ... good to get that done! I did mine with a male lab asst, 1 female nurse + my male gynae. I prefer male gynae, women always think its not painful, males are more gentle.. :p

baby dust to everyone!!!

Read our trying to concieve journey here
Our Wedding

Hi Smokey eyes,

Do you know how your doc decided on which Day to trigger you with HCG? Mine is likely D14 or 15 - just wondering if you have more info.

Hi postgal

Ovulation will likely start 7 days after the last day you take clomid.. therefore, I am going in for scan and trigger (if neccessary) injection on day 11 and iui on day 13 because I finished my last clomid on day 6 (so 6 + 7 days later = 13).

Usually trigger shot given 1 or 2 days before IUI depending on condition. SOme doc feel that its better to do IUI soon after ovulation if its due to male sperm issues and some think IUI on actual ovulation day or one day before is better for normal cases.

I have no ovulation problems and this clomid I guess was given to me to help make the chances of my iui better lor.

My cycles are very regular so its easy to pinpoint.. have you been doing your own charting?? I think with a few month of BBT charts, its very clear when your iui will be. :)

Hope this helps.
Anyway, my charts are at http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/smokeyeyes if you'd like them as reference.

Good luck ya! :)

Last edited:

Dandelion

Sadly, AF came again. Will be going for my first cycle of IUI this month. Based on my last visit to the gynae, doc will put me on injection on Day 4. The tests and scans have shown that I am ovulating normally. Was just curious, what made him decide that I should have injection instead of taking clomid? Is it suppose to enhance chances of pregnancy?

lawla12

Sadly, AF came again. Will be going for my first cycle of IUI this month. Based on my last visit to the gynae, doc will put me on injection on Day 4. The tests and scans have shown that I am ovulating normally. Was just curious, what made him decide that I should have injection instead of taking clomid? Is it suppose to enhance chances of pregnancy?

u tried clomid b4 ?????

for my case n those threads here, most of us tried clomid for abt 3mths (cycles)...then noting happen (folicle not growing well etc, not many folicle), then gynae will suggest injection.......

injection is a better med as compared to clomid .......oso, injections can produce much more folicles....

oso, for IUI, its better to haf more folicles yaaaa....tink tats the reason y ur gynae suggest injections...

BUT, its always better to consult ur gynae n ask him the reason yaaaaa.....u can oso understand ur body better.......

JIA YOU~:shyxxx::shyxxx::shyxxx:

Dandelion

Thanks for the reply lawla. I've nvr tried clomid. Guess you're right, for production of more follicles. Will ask him tmr. :)

mami2009

Hihi,

We have been trying to concieve actively since last July and been on clomid for 2 cycles but stopped for this new cycle..currently CD6..Went for HSG last Nov and found left tube is blocked...would like to do laporscopy.. Any good recommendation to go do the surgery and how's the procedure like & when is the best time to do it? and how much does it cost? Would like to clear it and see if can conceive naturally before proceeding further like doing IUI etc..

Thanks so much!!

pumpkin101

So how? Cannot go toilet or bath till long long time later? Then better bathe & go toilet 1st before doing... then just lie in bed till few hours later... LOL! :tlaugh:Desperate pple call for desperate measures ! :001_302:
I chose to put 2 bolster and yes I did try the grip grip grip but didn't try the suck in. Maybe I will do that the next round.

I am actually considering IUI too and so I went to see Professor Ng Soon-Chye O&G Partners at Glen E. Has anyone see him? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hey ladies, are you hubby taking any supplement to boost up the sperm count? In this forum, I just feel that woman are the one having problem which is not always the case right? Perhaps it will help if you get your gynae to give your hubby some supplements? Mine is on 3 types of medication and has to take for 3mths.

pumpkin101

Thanks for the reply lawla. I've never tried clomid. Guess you're right, for production of more follicles. Will ask him tomorrow. :)
One can only take clomid for not more than 6 cycles. It can be quite damaging to the womb as it thin down the lining...

Dandelion

Have been on injection for 6 days. Went back for review today. Lining is abt 7 mm and eggs abt 11 mm. Doubt can conduct IUI on Thursday (original plan). Going back for review on Thursday instead. The nurse was telling me that it has to be ard 20mm before we can do IUI. Sighz...wonder if I would ovulate even before the egg reaches 20mm. :(

i had my IUI done on 16 Jan and it was busted. failed. left with 2 more tries. bitter moment when temperature dropped and I knew AF will likely be arriving 2 days later.

No IUI in feb as day 14 will fall exactly on CNY 1st day and obgyn and lab will not be open. so sad. because of CNY my IUI must delay for a month.

Stress. If 3 times all fail.. either i give up trying to conceive or we must move on to IVF.. but no money. stress. sad....

lawla12

i had my IUI done on 16 Jan and it was busted. failed. left with 2 more tries. bitter moment when temperature dropped and I knew AF will likely be arriving 2 days later.

No IUI in feb as day 14 will fall exactly on CNY 1st day and obgyn and lab will not be open. so sad. because of CNY my IUI must delay for a month.

Stress. If 3 times all fail.. either i give up trying to conceive or we must move on to IVF.. but no money. stress. sad....

sayang sayang.....

i oso had 2 IUIs but both failed....generally, most gynae will ask u to do IVF if u've failed 2 IUIs...

i din try IVF yaaa...too costly....

currently, i'm seeing TCM to "regulate" my AF 1st b4 i decide my next move n at the same time, save more $$$$ ......accordingly to her, IUI is a VERY VERY low chance of striking....she say if i wan, go for IVF straight away....dun waste $$$$ on IUI......

IUI is juz making sure u got ovulation n injecting the sperms nearer to ur egg (so they dun need to swim all the way from the tube to ur egg in which during the process, alot of sperms may die etc)......she say no use deeee....

sighzz...i shd haf see TCM 1st b4 doing my IUIs .... i spent 8k on my 2 IUIs....if i top up another 4k, i can do IVF leeeee....SIGHZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! if she told me tat my IUI chance is low, maybe i wont do IUI liaooo.... but wad's done cant b undone....

dun gif urself too much stress yaaaaaa.....dun tink abt it leeeee...sayang sayang...

lets us all JIA YOU for tiger year...ROARR ROARR ROARRRR for baby dust~:001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302:

surin

ny HSG was done by a female, in the mrning. then in the evening, i started 2 have cramps. smmore it lasted for 2 days. sigh...
lucky! the results showed that my tubes r ok...
but before i receive my results, i went 2 consult my chinese sinseh 2 get some traditional chinese medicine, she told me that my tubes r ok.
wow! so 'shen qi' ! fr ' mai', can koe tis type of thing ...

Hello,

I am new here did my HSG on the 17th Feb, going to do my 23rd day blood test this thursday, my next appointment is on the 17th march with the results a bit scared, for some ppl its such an easy jorney but for me..... sighhhhhhhh
anyways baby dust to all of you who are trying,

PS i have purchased books online such as getting pregnant naturally etc if you want i can always email to you guys