Anyone use medicated oil during pregnancy?

Piggy08

Hi, anyone use medicated oil during pregnancy? I used almost everyday, due to headache, leg cramp and stomach cramp...

Is it safe to use during pregnancy?

i use medicated oil...as well as those oil which babies used ..the yu yee oil..
i used alot of them during my first tri and nw i am into the 2nd tri..
cos sometimes jus feel unwell jus wan to apply some..

Piggy08

i use medicated oil...as well as those oil which babies used ..the yu yee oil..
i used alot of them during my first tri and now i am into the 2nd tri..
cos sometimes just feel unwell just want to apply some..
Hi Orionbabee79, I'm like you.. used a lot during my first tri... but i'm using Siang Pure Oil... nw also in 2nd tri.. still using because of migraine or leg cramp... less on stomach...
Do you think it is safe?

xicloudix

I use it more during my 1st trimester... on stomach.. but i will make sure I am applying more to the top (juz below breast area) rather than womb area where baby is....

LoVeS

I dun tink there is an issue using medicated oil as i used them during both my pregnancy n my kids r ok~

Pamper

i use alot too.. cos other than the MS during 1st trimester, i have motion sickness too.. that's ugly.. i use the siang pure oil like u.. sometimes when eat too much like steamboat or buffet then stomach pain, i also ask my hubbiie to apply for me..
now my girl going 4 mths, also fat fat cute cute.. lols! ^^ don worry!

apollo

i did! i even applied on tummy when i had tummy ache (those bowel tummy ache not contrations.) haha..

sugarcookie

I had terrible migraines when I was pregnant so I was constantly rubbing Axe oil and Tiger balm on my head.

It's ok to use medicated oil. Just don't consume it of course.

Piggy08

what wrong with using medicated oil? I used it thru out my pregnancy.
I read one of the thread in Singapore motherhood that stated cannot use medicated oil during pregnancy....

That's why I posted this thread.... Anyway, thanks you all for your replies... :)

IceQueenie

I think medicated oil is fine..
I'm also using it..

In fact, before i am preg, i hate the smell of medicated oil...
Now when preg.. The smell of medicated oil makes me feel better in fact.. And i also apply for my aches etc.. :)

I had terrible migraines when I was pregnant so I was constantly rubbing Axe oil and Tiger balm on my head.

It's ok to use medicated oil. Just dont't consume it of course.
I tik is ok to use medicated oil but would be better not to use tiger balm or those cream that we apply when muscles ache cos they may contain chemicals that may be harmful..

Hmmm... I jus realise the axe brand oil contain a chemical called methyl salicylate which is harmful to baby.. Have been applying tat for the past months.. Does it matter or should I stop using..?