Anything about IPL hair removal treatment discussion

liz5

Hi guys, just wanna ask where dis you hv your IPL? How many seasion did you have? And when did you start to have a totally hair free underarm/leg/etc?

I just had my trial IPL underarm treatment earlier $48 at fabulous hawaiian spa at bugis near apple Strudels.. Did not feel any pain and very fast.. They said they are using medical grade machine so no need for gel and pain free.. But the machine is cold, maybe that's why i did not feel anything..

I plan to try winkwax ipl Underarm treatment on my 3rd week.. And see which is better and affordable..

liz5

hi! thanks! I'll check that website.. so far, I liked the result I'm getting at fabulous tan (hawaiian spa @ bugis).. I did not have an irritation and the hairs are falling out (day 4).. I also searched that they (fabulous) are using sharplight formax plus.. and thinking to sign their package, there's no hard sell from them which why I chose them for trial, and no consultation room where you will be locked up.. they just mention it at their counter after I paid that if I want to continue, call them for an appnt after 3 weeks and the package they have is $488 for 6sessions (UP688).. I may not proceed on winkwax trial and I read a lot that they are pushy.

have you had hair removal from BARe? how was it? pls share your experience.. thanks!

changchang8619

actually i accompany my sister on their clinic last month. the in-charge is very nice and accomodating. as for the result, you get what you paid for. i'll go there this week to avail their 50% off promotion till may 31.

tonnygarden

IPL laser removal technique is much quicker than electrolysis method so it probably be done in about 4 to 5 sittings.

Jojoai

If you're doing IPL and you're not feeling anything means its not working ! It's supposed to be a bit of biting feeling and a little hot. But if you're pregnant you CANNOT do IPL too dangerous. Just a note. :) IPL does not stop your hair from growing it just slows it down. And after you've done all your sessions next time you might need to go for touch up. And you cannot pluck your hair ( where you IPL at ) hope this helps. Anymore questions can ask me. :) have done my sessions at jurong point citibella. :)

liz5

thanks for all the replies.. I plan to sign up to fabulous hawaiian spa at bugis coz they do not hard sell and I got good results and no irritation...even Veet or Nair caused irritation on my underarm...I think it's a pain free IPL machine.. no gel needed.. the machine itself is very cold so I only feel very very tiny ant bites..for some, maybe no pain at all.. after 4 days, the hair fall off already.. I'm on my 2nd week after my trial IPL, I do have less hair.. it's like there's no need for me to do IPL and just do tweezing..maybe because I only have very little hair.. but I want to minimize the chicken skin and make it smooth.. yes, there are 6 session plus 2 touch ups..

jojoai, after your IPL, do you still need to wax/shave or tweeze? Also, does IPL makes your underarm smooth? Like no pores at all? Like model's underarm? :) That's the main reason why I want IPL.. I have less hair so I pluck only.. because of this, I have chicken skin and saggy armpit.. thanks!

PinkDiamonds

I'm doing underarm IPL at Musee. So far have done about 6 sessions and can see about 50% of hair reduction. Hair regrowth is also slower. You can only shave during your entire IPL treatment. After the IPL session you have to wait 2 weeks for the hair to drop off before you can shave off. I didn't know that I had to wait 2 weeks initially and was wondering how come I didn't see much effect! hahaha.

According to the therapist IPL tends to be drying on the skin so they recommend to moisturize the area regularly. When you shave use a shaving cream. During pregnancy my underarms darken a lot to the point that even though I pluck/shave/wax it's still so dark and ugly! After I stopped BFing I went to do the IPL and can see the area lighten up.

liz5

hi chrystal, thanks for sharing! did the pores get smaller on your UA?

I do use aloe vera gel after showering/plucking.. the therapist from fabulous advise me to use aloe vera gel since I can't put deo or any lotion after IPL for 2 days..and since then, I don't put deo for 2 weeks already.. I use aloe vera gel from Palmer's.. no body odor so far, not much sweating too.. hehehe

btw, if this helps, I found it in youtube.. type "dark underarm challenge".. looks like its very effective.. xtreme brite gel..

jenifer123

IPL hair removal technique is pain free and very effective technique, I have used it for my underarms 1 year ago and now I totally got rid off unwanted hairs, I had done 6 sessions for it and now I am free from unwelcome hairs.

Jane965

This review was useful for me, thank you! But i still think that the best type of ipl treatment - this is professional cosmetology prosedures, using multifuctional ipl mashines.
I work as cosmetologist already 12 year, and i know how dangerous could be home treatment! My company and i using for a long time one of the professional ipl treatment mashines and all our clients are satisfied with the result! If you are interested - we order it here https://artlasers.com/