Arc welding on E450 chassis

LaricTraic

Like most class-C motorhomes, my 2017 E450 came with one battery mounted under the entry step. I've already added a second battery, end-to-end with the first one. Now, I'm thinking of adding two more behind the first two, but that is going to require some additional brackets.

My local welding shop is a little apprehensive about welding anything directly to the frame. They seem to think that either Ford or DOT discourages that practice. But, I can't find anything to support that.

I've read in other threads that I should take certain precautions like disconnecting all battery cables, and clamping the welder ground as near to the work as possible. Is there anything else that I need to worry about? Should we disconnect any transmission cables?

RuseMilison

Yes, precautions should always be observed. Be sure to disconnect all cables and wires, if you are doing the welding. If you go to a place where they will do everything for you for money, then you do not need to worry. On this site you will be able to find more info. There are also welder courses there. I remember how my grandfather tried to teach me welding when I was little, but I was afraid, and there was no special desire to learn anything when you are a child. Now I have a need to learn a new profession. I hope I will succeed.

olivi1980

That's why many people choose to work as a welder because it's a more straightforward job. For many people, transformers are obsolete devices in recycling plants, but not everyone agrees with this. Let's try to get to the bottom of this. This type of https://ratemywelder.com/everlast-welder-reviews/ welding machines appeared before all others. It uses an alternating current for welding. It is used to work with ferrous metals. The welding transformer has a straightforward design, so it is easy to maintain and repair. The unit has a low price while being exceptionally reliable and unpretentious. It is also clear to use. Even a beginner will be able to cope with the work. Unfortunately, an unstable welding arc makes it hard to get a quality weld.